2004 IFMAR ISTC & 1/12th On Road Worlds at Full Throttle Speedway

Search this Thread

Old 10-04-2004, 04:28 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

What a joke!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 10-04-2004, 06:23 PM
R/C Tech Founder

I must credit this thread with giving me a topic for part of this month's Rumor Mill in XRC...

The Great Body Approval Conspiracy

haha
Old 10-04-2004, 08:51 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

I was one of the first to inquire about the TI Worlds Motor(which is nothing more than the TI with an aluminum endbell) and KR/PT/TI Aluminum Endbell. According to Reedy, they are actually a yokomo product.

According to Reedy, they are sold out.....yet they never were available WORLDWIDE....

And someone, PLEASE show me where in the IFMAR rules you are allowed to approve just an endbell, cause I can't find it...

There is your conspiracy theory....

Later EddieO
Old 10-04-2004, 08:56 PM
Tech Regular

Originally posted by Jeff Brown
More interesting things....

how is the Tamiya body legal when on the header card of the bag is says that it is 195mm width. What class is that?
Er... 190mm width is car's maxinum track, from end of tire to end of tire. 190mm bodies always have been more then 190mm width. Go measure Protoform Stratus 1.0, it's over 190mm actual width, Most bodies are over 190mm. Else, your wheels would be flush with the body, not inside of it. Tamiya's listing actual body width.

Also,

since Stratus is most listed body, so you're going to have a 'world' race with guys running a body that's based on a car that was raced 7 years ago... Nice. Better change the name to 'retro-touring car' class.
Old 10-04-2004, 09:55 PM
Tech Addict

Default Approved Bodies

Everyone,
After reading this thread I know all of you are aware of the body approval fiasco that is going on. Just for the record ROAR did vote on all the products on time. We weren't late on anything. It appeared that some of the voting blocs in IFMAR didn't vote "the right way" so we were asked to vote over an over again until we got it right. To make a long story short, when I voted I was given mis-information about the products and thus disapproved some things. I know this has caused a lot of confusion and problems and I apologize for that. Totally my fault. I did however re-send my votes to IFMAR and have agreed to all the bodies that I had earlier disagreed to. I have talked to Dale Epp of Protofrom this evening and told him the news and I left Mike MacDowell of Parma a voice mail telling him the same thing. I do hope the confusion is over and everything has been cleared up.

My number is at the bottom, feel free to give me a ring if you like if you have any questions I will be happy to answer them. I wish you all good luck at the worlds!

Thank you,
Randy Holst
ROAR Electric Chairman
Old 10-04-2004, 11:29 PM
Tech Fanatic

This is the problem I have......

How can there be bodies on the list that have never seen a real track?

How come the most winning body this year(mazda6) in the U.S. not be on the list?

How can bodies that you can not find anywhere in the U.S. be on a list where the race is in the U.S?

How can a body that is approved for Gas not be for electric when the difference being 10 mm on the body?

How can you have cars that are rally cars but a manufacturer makes them touring cars be on the list?

What this list did is make a great company like Protoform almost non exsistant at aWORLD Championship...is that fair to one of the biggest body manufacters in the industry?

I just dont see how this stuff happens ALL the time in this industy.

I know not much can be changed but maybe next time for a world championship the body list should be issued atleast 1(one) year ahead of time so no new bodies, Bodies designed for the track it is goin to be at, or fiascos like this will EVER happen again...

Those are just my opinions, some people may like them and some people may not.....

Barry
Old 10-05-2004, 12:07 AM
The Evicerator

Go Barry!

What this really brings to light is that these oraganizations need to be more "By the racers; for the racers" instead of "By the guys who don't care about the racers or understand racing as it is".

I've stood by and listend to IFMAR officials at World Championships essentially tell us that the rules don't matter because this is just supposed to be a hobby. I'd be willing to bet these are the same officials that cause the situation we're dealing with here...all of these issues that we really shouldn't be dealing with at this late stage in the game as far as this WC is concerned.

It's always easy to sit and point the finger...but I'm not accusing these people of being incompetent or anything of the like, just out of touch with racing as it stands now.

I think it's VERY important for these executives to be people that we as racers can have faith in. Personally, I don't know any of these people's backgrounds or how they fit into the big picture. Maybe it's my ignorance talking... but am I the only one who doesn't know where these people come from? Is it too much to ask to maybe have a short bio on these officials on the IFMAR or ROAR websites? Maybe a paragraph on each person? Maybe that could inspire a little bit of faith in these people?

I just want to be able to have a conversation with an official that understands that a rim being taller or wider than the rules allow can make a difference to lap times. Basically, I just want some people in charge who are as passionate and knowledgable about racing as the rest of us are...

*Shrug* Does that seem like so much to ask?
Old 10-05-2004, 12:09 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

another question about the 1/12 bodies. Masami ran the MS-1, Yokomo 1/12 body, at the last worlds in S. Africa and now it's not approved? what happened in two years to make it illegal?
Old 10-05-2004, 01:03 AM
Tech Master

This is the problem I have......

How can there be bodies on the list that have never seen a real track?
Thatīs a good question!

How come the most winning body this year(mazda6) in the U.S. not be on the list?
And it runs in an actual touring series as well!

How can bodies that you can not find anywhere in the U.S. be on a list where the race is in the U.S?
Hey, This is a world event. There ARE things going on outside US you know!

How can a body that is approved for Gas not be for electric when the difference being 10 mm on the body?
Heck of a good question as well!

How can you have cars that are rally cars but a manufacturer makes them touring cars be on the list?
They are in racing Touring racing in other contrys! Again, therīs a world outside USA Barry...

What this list did is make a great company like Protoform almost non exsistant at aWORLD Championship...is that fair to one of the biggest body manufacters in the industry?
No. What this hobby / sport need, is rules that are good for OUR sport, OUR drivers, OUR industries.

just dont see how this stuff happens ALL the time in this industy.

I know not much can be changed but maybe next time for a world championship the body list should be issued atleast 1(one) year ahead of time so no new bodies, Bodies designed for the track it is goin to be at, or fiascos like this will EVER happen again...
Agree!

Those are just my opinions, some people may like them and some people may not.....

Barry
/Anders
Old 10-05-2004, 01:11 AM
Tech Fanatic

Anders, I know things go on outside the U.S....

But if someone...not saying myself..but maybe an unsponsored driver who lives in the U.S. or some other country wants to buy a body that is on the list and they dont even sell it yet....Then why should it be approved?

And I know that there is racing all over the World...but show me a Suburu or Skoda Touring Car?other then in Lexan....

Im not trying to bash any manufacturers...but come on lets get realistic....

Barry
Old 10-05-2004, 01:23 AM
Tech Master

I guess that if they are for sale in Japan, anyone who are interested can buy them and sell them in US...

Also, as this is a Worlds, why should they not be OK for Japaneese drivers, as they are avalible in almost any hobbyshop in Japan? I do get your point, but what I mean is that thereīs more than Protoform, Parma etc.
Subaru do race in plenty of Touringseries in the Asian region. HPI even sponsor a real one....
Or have a look at the new "Progolgue 4" Play Station....
But regarding the Skoda, Iīm all with you. But also, the Stratus 2,0 have not raced either...

One difficult thing to solve is that some manufactories are tweaking the bodies. Look at Protoform Afa, Losi Alfa and Parma Alfa. They all have VERY different sidewiews. How much tweak from reality is OK?
Old 10-05-2004, 01:27 AM
Tech Fanatic

I hear ya Anders!!!!

but there is one body on the list(not goin to mention it)I know for a fact that is not even sold yet anywhere in the world!!!!!!IS that fair to everyone...but anyone sponsored by that company can get it now.....why is it on the list?

If you can answer that one ...you are the king....lol

Barry
Old 10-05-2004, 01:32 AM
Tech Fanatic

Man I gotta go to bed!!!!lol

BTW Anders......can you make me some of those cool blue and chrome....Team Associated,Reedy and LRP decals on your machine?pleeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeezzzzzzzzzzzzz

Barry
Old 10-05-2004, 01:40 AM
Tech Master

Originally posted by Barry Baker
I hear ya Anders!!!!

but there is one body on the list(not goin to mention it)I know for a fact that is not even sold yet anywhere in the world!!!!!!IS that fair to everyone...but anyone sponsored by that company can get it now.....why is it on the list?

If you can answer that one ...you are the king....lol

Barry
Well, If itīs not sold anywhere in the world, no one can have it either eh? I guess that is some kind of fair...
Old 10-05-2004, 01:40 AM
Tech Rookie

Barry Let me know if u find those

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.