Wiki Posts
Search

2004 IFMAR ISTC & 1/12th On Road Worlds at Full Throttle Speedway

Search this Thread

Old 11-06-2004, 09:47 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

Guys,

I went through the past ten pages of this thread, and couldn't find any link to DTM vids... can anybody please help? Thanks Thanks Thanks

Congrats to Marc and all the drivers. And, Oscar, when we talked a few months ago at CRF's track, we could all feel you already knew the V2 was going to win. Great job, and thanks for providing us JoeSchmoes with a motor that is just as fast as anything else but requires a lot less maintenance (at least for the winds we use in Europe). Could you now please find a fix to make the soldering easier, especially in shaft-driven cars because this thing IS a major pain to mount in non-belt chassis (in my case, yokomo)

Later,
Paul
Old 11-06-2004, 11:53 AM
Tech Master

Originally posted by Matt Francis
I am in agreement with the limited practice schedule at races. I think all races should be like this, that way we don't have to go in 5 days early. A limited practice schedule lets the racer enjoy himself while at the event. Right now we go to these races and spend 12-14 hours at the track and then spend another couple preparing for the next day. Wouldn't it be nice to practice 3-5 times per day, know exactly when those runs will be, and be able to set a race schedule that allows us a little time to think. In Europe, the races are ran on a much tighter schedule, and obviously by the results of last weekend, this does not seem to slow them (Europeans) down......Example Marc Rheinard.

MF

Hmm,
Good point but....
Iīm not sure I agree. For this World Championship, there was 6 rounds of practice. Thatīs 30 min. 2 of the rounds where "in-qualifications" as these decides where you realy started to qualifi. So few dared to adjust and test in these two heats. 4 left. 20 min. Not much if you ask me.
Upon that, there is always a favour for the people who have tested and raced the track before. Not to mention the different heat conditions. Up here in the Nordic, we have between 0 - 10 degree celcius right now. Never the less, the best guys will always be up there, but I do feel a race like the worlds, can be longer. We donīt do them so often. And itīs nice to meet up with all this nice people by the way. Only that, requires some more days.

Perhaps we see this little different in Europe as we always rush the races, and like to have some more time....
Old 11-07-2004, 04:00 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 18 (95%+)
Default tire tweek.

hi all.
im tyirng to find a shop that sells the product called'TIRE TWEEK'.
been looking on the net and cant trace it..im not too sure if that how its spelt..am also wanting a 8x2 orion 29007 Revolution Modified Motor 8x2.
any help woild be greatly appreciated..im new to the electrics and want to be competative.
thanks
mike
Old 11-07-2004, 04:46 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)
Default Re: tire tweek.

Originally posted by mikecatts
hi all.
im tyirng to find a shop that sells the product called'TIRE TWEEK'.
been looking on the net and cant trace it..im not too sure if that how its spelt..am also wanting a 8x2 orion 29007 Revolution Modified Motor 8x2.
any help woild be greatly appreciated..im new to the electrics and want to be competative.
thanks
mike
Tire Tweek is a Trinity product original meant for foam tires
Old 11-07-2004, 05:08 AM
Tech Master

Origionally for foams seems a little odd, it is really thick and oil based, wouldn't have thought it would have worked at all on foams.

Anyway, we use it a fair bit in the UK, so if you're really sttruggling you might be able to get it ordered from one of the bigger UK based shops.

Other than that, i understand the LRP ashfelt adative is very similar.
Old 11-07-2004, 05:11 AM
Tech Champion

Originally posted by MattW
Origionally for foams seems a little odd, it is really thick and oil based, wouldn't have thought it would have worked at all on foams.

Anyway, we use it a fair bit in the UK, so if you're really sttruggling you might be able to get it ordered from one of the bigger UK based shops.

Other than that, i understand the LRP ashfelt adative is very similar.
I just checked trinity's site to be sure and it was originally meant to condition foam tires that are old or have dried out.
Old 11-07-2004, 05:41 AM
Tech Master

Fresh news

Italy got the World Championship for 2006.
1/12 will be run indoors on carpet, and Touring outdoors.

Congratiolations to them!
Old 11-07-2004, 05:43 AM
Tech Champion

Originally posted by Anders Myrberg
Fresh news

Italy got the World Championship for 2006.
1/12 will be run indoors on carpet, and Touring outdoors.

Congratiolations to them!
Cool, IMO that's how it should be run, 1/12 on carpet and TC on asphalt
Old 11-07-2004, 06:04 AM
Tech Initiate

Default VIDEOS???

Anyone have any links to some Worlds videos? Man I'd really appreciate it if you would share them...... please?
Old 11-07-2004, 06:17 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 17 (95%+)

carpetracer, there were a few people shooting video, i'm sure they will have them for sale before too long, .

As far as the 1/12th carpet, imo, carpet is for when it's just too cold outdoors to race. While 1/12th is a little easier on carpet, it just doesn't feel right to me, since no form of fullscale racing takes place on carpet. Or with foam tires for that matter. Maybe that's why 1/10th pan is gone.Too big for inside so there is nothing to keep it alive like 1/12th...........jmo, Jim
Old 11-07-2004, 06:43 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Default Re: VIDEOS???

Originally posted by CarpetRacer
Anyone have any links to some Worlds videos? Man I'd really appreciate it if you would share them...... please?
here you go, it was back a couple pages

http://homepage.mac.com/djcroy/2004_...Sharing16.html
Old 11-07-2004, 07:41 AM
Tech Elite

Originally posted by Gearhead3
You would have a factory World champion, and a non factory world champion........More thought coming...lol
Bad idea. The World champion is the best regardless or level of sponsorship. There should not be an additional, meaningless title - World Champion Non-Factory Sponsored Guy.

What could, and should be done, is RECOGNIZE the effort of any non-factory drivers and award the best (or best 10) some type of award. So the 55th place driver could still be awarded for his good finish accomplished without factory backing. He should not however be the World Champion.

This was done at the World Cup in Newcastle and was a great way to award drivers for strong finishes without watering down the competition with too many classes.
Old 11-07-2004, 08:42 AM
Tech Master

Anders, that's good. It's a good venue in italy. The hall that i assume they are going to use can just be seen on the pic link that i posted a couple of days back. That is what they used for pitting at the off rd Euros.
Old 11-07-2004, 08:47 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

I agree with Rick.

In the Netherlands we have had a similar discussion on-and-off over the past 10-15 years. At some point in 12th scale we even had 3 separate classes each with approximately 18-20 participants. The problem with that approach is that qualifying in the B-Final becomes synonymous with "bad result". As a concequence we had people quiting from all three classes (who wants to be in the bottom final all the time right?), instead of just the one class.

In my opinion it is better to have less classes that hopefully have a large number of participants. Personally I'd rather finish 82nd in the Worlds because there were 81 drivers that performed better, than finishing 1st because we had 125 different classes at the Worlds (125 = number of ISTC participants). I realize most of us have a competitive nature but there is only one who can win. The rest should be focussing on doing the best they can.

So, one championship is the way to go in my opinion. Privateers could conceivably win the Worlds that way. But, as an incentive, it could be a good idea to have separate prices for the top three privateers and possibly the top three under 14s. This will make the race more interesting for all and give the manufacturors a clearer view of tomorrows hot shots...
Old 11-07-2004, 09:27 AM
Tech Master

Originally posted by tonyv

So, one championship is the way to go in my opinion. Privateers could conceivably win the Worlds that way.
Yes it is possable. Only with the propper funding, track time, and skill. Honistly i don't think any of the top 5 drivers would have done as well as they did without factory backing, to get the best cells, and the best motors, and be givin the week off to do some homework at the track before the race.

That is why it would be smart to have factory class and non factory. So you would have a Joe Smow just got off of work friday, limited practice time guy come to the track and race with other Joe Smows. Mabe even an added bonus, have a bump up. Winner Joe from non factory A-main gets bumped up to the last main of the factory guys....anyhow just ideas and thoughts.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.