Speed Passion Cirtix Stock CLUB ESC

Search this Thread

Old 07-17-2010, 01:41 PM
OVA
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 86 (100%+)

Originally Posted by charlie_b
We can turn the coin on this as well...
"Why buy a 21.5 when EVERYONE already has a 17.5 and doesn't want to buy a boosted esc?" The cost of a 21.5(average $85), woudln't the better value be the Cirtix Spec System(motor/esc) for $79.99(Speedtech Price)?
New 21.5motor=$85
New Cirtix 17.5 Motor AND ESC=$79.99
I think Cirtix is still CHEAPER.

Just playing devil's advocate.
Let see...I have a speedo and 17.5 paid...I just buy the 21.5 motor done
If I buy the new cirtix for 80.00.today and tomorrow wanted to go fast...Can't use the ,cirtix esc no timming and the motor is zero timming ..to me it is useless... I rather have the High end speedo the does more not just spec...
Old 07-17-2010, 02:01 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Originally Posted by OVA
If I buy the new cirtix for 80.00.today and tomorrow wanted to go fast...Can't use the ,cirtix esc no timming and the motor is zero timming ..to me it is useless... I rather have the High end speedo the does more not just spec...
So how do you draw new people into the sport???????? 17.5 open TC is not a beginners area.
Some people do not want to spend high dollars on high end speedos to be competitive.
This system has allowed me and my son who is 10 to enjoy this sport and be competitive.
I guess you dont get the big picture here.
Old 07-17-2010, 02:04 PM
OVA
Tech Lord

Originally Posted by trx450racer174
So how do you draw new people into the sport???????? 17.5 open TC is not a beginners area.
Some people do not want to spend high dollars on high end speedos to be competitive.
This system has allowed me and my son who is 10 to enjoy this sport and be competitive.
I guess you dont get the big picture here.
I do get the picture...dude don't get me wrong...I'm just smacking around ...sorry for getting you all up tight....

I'm at work..it is time to go home yet ?
Old 07-17-2010, 02:21 PM
Tech Master

Sorry i see this kit doing alot of good things for the TC class.
Like i said without this kit and class i would have never let my son
out on the track. This has brought him alot of enjoyment and he is
learning and developing better driving skills every time out.
Old 07-17-2010, 03:40 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

Originally Posted by OVA
this combo package isn't marketed for guys like you and me. its for the guys that are tired of the boost crap, guys looking at spec racing, or guys coming into the hobby. besides, having a high end esc and not using it to its maximum, would be like buying a new Challenger and not getting a Hemi, uumm hey wait a minute, never mind..
Old 07-17-2010, 04:43 PM
Tech Fanatic

Exactly, this combo from Speed Passion is not for the "pro" type guys who want all-out performance no matter the cost; let them buy the expensive Novak, LRP, Reedy etc stuff and have at it. That's fine for them, I'm cool with that. But the Cirtix Stock club combo is for the average "Joe" and his kids and anyone else who is fed up with the ever upward spiral of electronics pricing in rc racing. Also, the average club racer doesn't want or need the multi-programmable, multi-adjustable timing esc's and motors that the "pro" type racers want; the average guy wants an affordable esc/motor combo for around $70-80 that is simple and easy to set up and use, so that they can have good performance and above all, have fun! What they want is the Cirtix Stock Club!

When brushless first started getting popular in rc cars it was touted as being a better performing product than a brushed motor and the biggest benefit was they didn't require as much maintenance and you didn't need to worry about comm cutting and adjustable timing and special rebuilds, etc. They were to be simpler to use and race. Now we see that once again the whole concept has been scewed back towards the constant fiddiling with the motors and adjustable timing and special rebuilds , programmable esc's , etc, etc, etc,; and once again the average guy who just wants to club race and have some fun is left scratching his head and wondering what went wrong! The next thing you know he gives up and leaves the hobby because he has been priced out and techno'd out because the whole thing has become so complex. That's where the Cirtix Stock Club combo comes to the rescue by making it simple and affordable and just plain fun! For those who want the all-out techno whatsit esc and motors Speed Passion makes those as well. This way everyone is happy and it's a win, win situation!

Hopefully in the future Novak and all the others will wake up and smell the coffee and get on board with this. The fact that the Cirtix are selling out everywhere speaks volumes about just how popular this whole concept is, and quite frankly the "average" person who races rc far outnumber the "pro" types in this hobby/sport! A smart company would cater to that and sell a ton of product!
Old 07-17-2010, 05:18 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 25 (96%+)

Originally Posted by Team Lotus
Exactly, this combo from Speed Passion is not for the "pro" type guys who want all-out performance no matter the cost; let them buy the expensive Novak, LRP, Reedy etc stuff and have at it. That's fine for them, I'm cool with that. But the Cirtix Stock club combo is for the average "Joe" and his kids and anyone else who is fed up with the ever upward spiral of electronics pricing in rc racing. Also, the average club racer doesn't want or need the multi-programmable, multi-adjustable timing esc's and motors that the "pro" type racers want; the average guy wants an affordable esc/motor combo for around $70-80 that is simple and easy to set up and use, so that they can have good performance and above all, have fun! What they want is the Cirtix Stock Club!

When brushless first started getting popular in rc cars it was touted as being a better performing product than a brushed motor and the biggest benefit was they didn't require as much maintenance and you didn't need to worry about comm cutting and adjustable timing and special rebuilds, etc. They were to be simpler to use and race. Now we see that once again the whole concept has been scewed back towards the constant fiddiling with the motors and adjustable timing and special rebuilds , programmable esc's , etc, etc, etc,; and once again the average guy who just wants to club race and have some fun is left scratching his head and wondering what went wrong! The next thing you know he gives up and leaves the hobby because he has been priced out and techno'd out because the whole thing has become so complex. That's where the Cirtix Stock Club combo comes to the rescue by making it simple and affordable and just plain fun! For those who want the all-out techno whatsit esc and motors Speed Passion makes those as well. This way everyone is happy and it's a win, win situation!

Hopefully in the future Novak and all the others will wake up and smell the coffee and get on board with this. The fact that the Cirtix are selling out everywhere speaks volumes about just how popular this whole concept is, and quite frankly the "average" person who races rc far outnumber the "pro" types in this hobby/sport! A smart company would cater to that and sell a ton of product!
BING! We have a winner!
Old 07-17-2010, 07:53 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Team Lotus

X3 i could not have said that any better.
Old 07-17-2010, 10:03 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

Originally Posted by skypilot
locally, I tried to make the point that turning off the timing or running a spec esc, is meaningess unless you spec the motor too, the cirtix motor has zero timing, the ballistic, 30, the lrp 45, the whatever 55, (those numbers aren't exact, just used as an example) some have figured this out and are taking advantage of it.

FYI....The cirtix motor does have adjustable timing. Loosen the three screws on the back plate and rotate the plate counter clockwise to advance the sensors and thus advancing the timing. So dont think that you cant advance the timing of the motor its not a locked timing motor just because there are no marks on the can. I have been running this motor in our parking lot RCGT series and its performs great....couldnt be happier with it. I want to try this "cheap" motor in with an open ESC and see how it performs.....
Old 07-17-2010, 10:06 PM
Tech Champion

the devil you say, I'll have to have a closer look, it looks like a sealed can to me, I just thought the three screws held the senor in place
Old 07-17-2010, 10:08 PM
Tech Champion

the devil you say, I'll have to have a closer look, it looks like a sealed can to me, I just thought the three screws held the senor in place
Nope its like an old school brushed mod motor...lol...loosen them and rotate to advance the timing...it even has a timing ring look-a-like in there.
Old 07-17-2010, 10:13 PM
Tech Champion

well, cool, looks like the playing field just at a little more level in the 'spec' class lol
Old 07-17-2010, 10:23 PM
OVA
Tech Lord

well, cool, looks like the playing field just at a little more level in the 'spec' class lol
Zero timming Not....
Old 07-17-2010, 10:48 PM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by OVA
Zero timming Not....
Yeah Im not sure why people think its a zero timing motor. The motor and ESC are really marketed as a "spec" or Hand out type of thing where the price is right its affordable for all. No where on the website does it say Zero Timing....or fixed timing for the motor.

New from Speed Passion, the Cirtix “Stock Club Race” ESC and motor
combos finally give stock and spec class racers the fair competition
they have asked for, and all at an incredibly low price! The new Cirtix
Stock Club Race systems are ideal for both big race spec handout
systems, and small club spec racing where equal performance and low
cost are a must to grow new classes and attract new racers.

The Stock Club Race ESCs feature only brake strength and drag brake
force as programmable options. All other performance parameters are
fixed, and there is no USB altering or updating capability in order to
deliver the same consistent power for everyone. So if you are tired of
the “software of the week”; fur sure this is the best combo to offer to
fair competition fun.

ESC Spec. : Support up to 9.5T motor with 2 cell lipo
This is right off the website.....
Old 07-17-2010, 10:49 PM
Tech Master

I have heard of this and i have also heard that some of the series holders out here in So-Cal will be using some type of rpm gauge to check spec of the motors.
Leave it to some idiot to not play fair.
This is what drives people away is someone looking for the edge instead of learning to drive and setup the car better.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.