Community
Wiki Posts
Search

68 mph micro

Search this Thread

Old 07-04-2004, 02:32 PM
ajg

Also the car in the Asurda speed challenge is no were near a micro. If you can see it, my avator is my micro.

My body: http://www.one18th.com/showtoy.php?id=2464
Old 07-04-2004, 02:45 PM
Tech Master

Originally posted by rtypec
Probably on the same freq as one of the demo drivers...caused a glitch, nitro engine went WOT and then boom!

My 415 did 73mph this weekend...in the trunk of my car.
lol
Old 07-04-2004, 05:36 PM
Tech Fanatic

Does it really matter that it goes 68 mph? Hit a small bump with it and it breaks even at 20 mph.
Same for steering, basically all you can do with a micro that has a 300 or more powerful motor in it is go in straight lines.
Ain't that fun.
BTW, that is a really nice alfa.
Old 07-04-2004, 06:28 PM
ajg

It's as stable as a 1/10 touring car, and handles very good. I've hit a curb going over 50 mph and didn't break anything. The chassis is all carbon fiber, and it has lots of aluminum parts on it (never broke anything on it, even from racing, except drivetrain parts).

Also, I've hit big bumps with it and I got lots of air (without the body on, so there was no downforce) and I didn't break anything, I just kept going at the same speed.

These car perform alot better than people think, alot better, and can go alot faster too.
Old 07-04-2004, 10:26 PM
Tech Fanatic

Well, I had one, and I was really disappointed in it.......
About the handling, everyone knows thats BS. They cannot be tuned and can't turn properly under high speeds. They do spinouts if you try even the slightest turn at more than 30 mph.
Really fast though. I remeber someone on the yourmicro.com forums said they put a reedy 7t in it and it pushed 80.
Old 07-05-2004, 07:02 AM
ajg

Your micro was probably stock, ans you probably couldn't drive it. Because all your statements are wrong. I wouldn't be suprised if all your cars handle horrible.

When I raced my micro, (using a stock motor and a 6-cell battery pack) me and 2 other guys were running the same times as 1/10 mod, yes we could drive them that good. I almost beat one of the fast guys when he was running the big block motor, except on the last turn (we were a couple laps ahead of the rest of the racers) he went on the inside of someone and I went on the outside, but the guy we were passing went wide and slambed me, so I flipped, and he won by a few seconds. (we were racing on vht)

These things are as much of a race car as 1/10, but are muct faster.
Old 07-05-2004, 10:20 AM
Tech Fanatic

My micro was stock except for half the friggin car I had to replace with aluminum due to the stock parts being badly designed and fragile.
My XXX-S G+ handles pretty well. You can't get a micro to handle well because your tuning options are limited to wheelbase and body.
Unfortunatley, no, they are nothing close to a competition sedan. The xray micro is designed and made well. The HPI micro, on the other hand......
Old 07-05-2004, 10:30 AM
ajg

Tires, width, wheelbase, shocks, springs, shock oil, toe-in and out, rideheight, flex plates for chassis, ball diffs; all that stuff can be adjusted, you can even adjust front camber, but you wouldn't know about that, because you couldn't adjust anything on your car.

Also, for some reason, all the micros at my track lap that xray m18's, I wonder why. Maybe, because they handle better, no not maybe, they do handle better. Also, replaceing stuff with aluminum isn't going to make it handle better, you need performance parts.
Old 07-05-2004, 12:51 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally posted by ajg
Have you ever driven a 1/10 tc in your life? I seriously doubt it if you believe that.....
Old 07-05-2004, 01:01 PM
ajg

Yes, I raced my tc3, and constantly won (in stock class).
Old 07-05-2004, 01:20 PM
Tech Regular

micros are for chicks
Old 07-05-2004, 01:22 PM
Tech Master

Originally posted by ajg
Tires, width, wheelbase, shocks, springs, shock oil, toe-in and out, rideheight, flex plates for chassis, ball diffs; all that stuff can be adjusted, you can even adjust front camber, but you wouldn't know about that, because you couldn't adjust anything on your car.

You must be kidding me

Are you talking about a 1/10 car?
Old 07-05-2004, 01:23 PM
ajg

No, I'm talking about an hpi micro, the same thing we've been talking about.
Old 07-05-2004, 01:24 PM
Tech Master

Originally posted by ajg
Your micro was probably stock, ans you probably couldn't drive it. Because all your statements are wrong. I wouldn't be suprised if all your cars handle horrible.

When I raced my micro, (using a stock motor and a 6-cell battery pack) me and 2 other guys were running the same times as 1/10 mod, yes we could drive them that good. I almost beat one of the fast guys when he was running the big block motor, except on the last turn (we were a couple laps ahead of the rest of the racers) he went on the inside of someone and I went on the outside, but the guy we were passing went wide and slambed me, so I flipped, and he won by a few seconds. (we were racing on vht)

Then those 1/10 Mod guys must be slow
Old 07-05-2004, 01:25 PM
ajg

ah ha, no.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.