Wiki Posts
Search

gt 7 or quantum competiton 2

Search this Thread

Old 04-25-2004, 12:06 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)
Default gt 7 or quantum competiton 2

which esc would be best if someone is a advance rc driver for on road gt 7 or quantum competition 2
Old 04-25-2004, 03:57 PM
Tech Apprentice

I've run both and I prefer the QC2. It is easier to adjust and I think it is punchier. Plus LRP really backs their stuff. JMO
Old 04-25-2004, 04:06 PM
Tech Regular

OMG, here we go again.

If you want reliability, go Novak. If you want to wait 6 months for a replacement for the so called "Lifetime Warrenty" go LRP.
I'm still waiting for my LRP Pulsar Competition charger wich blew up after 2 charges to be returned to me!
Old 04-25-2004, 10:20 PM
Tech Regular

Go get the LRP Competition 2. I lik it very much.Punchy in and out of the corners
Old 04-26-2004, 01:10 AM
Tech Adept

Cool

Get the Novak, with the LRP you will really need the lifetime warrenty since they tend to blow up.

Wet the Novak, allow it to dry and run it again.
Wet the _waterproof_ LRP Q2 and it blows up. 4 of my friends bought the Q2 because it is supposed to be waterproof, 3 of them blew up on moist tracks where my GT7 just went on
Old 04-26-2004, 04:26 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 23 (100%+)

Quantum 2, Best ESC on the market right now. Sold my GT7 in favor of this one, I ran a 10x2 P94 very hard on this and it never got over being just barely warm! The reactive frequency maps are very cool, Good number of usable profiles. No need for big D cell size capacitors either. Great warranty, not as good as Novaks, they make very fast repairs, but then again you'll probably need to use Novaks at some point! I know I've had to. Maybe Novaks next, new ESC they will get the quality control back up to the Great old cyclone days
Old 04-26-2004, 04:58 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

All I have to say is that I like them both. Untill you need to repair them. My orginal GT7 I have had no problems with. My new Q2 worked fine untill I changed the settings for modified (turned on the drag breaks and turned down the punch) and then tried to switch the settings back. The problem 1 was that if I turned down the punch the throttle acted like a on/off switch. As long as I has the highest punch it was fine. Problem 2 was when I tried to switch everything back for stock, I couldn't turn off the drag breaks. Since it was brand new I had my store send it back, four months later it has come back and they say there is nothing wrong with it. Nice.
Old 04-26-2004, 04:59 AM
Tech Master

Thumbs up

Originally posted by Hardriven RC
OMG, here we go again.

If you want reliability, go Novak. If you want to wait 6 months for a replacement for the so called "Lifetime Warrenty" go LRP.
I'm still waiting for my LRP Pulsar Competition charger wich blew up after 2 charges to be returned to me!
Nice one dude!!! TEAM NOVAK !!!
Old 04-26-2004, 05:00 AM
Tech Master

Thumbs up

Originally posted by vassago
Get the Novak, with the LRP you will really need the lifetime warrenty since they tend to blow up.

Wet the Novak, allow it to dry and run it again.
Wet the _waterproof_ LRP Q2 and it blows up. 4 of my friends bought the Q2 because it is supposed to be waterproof, 3 of them blew up on moist tracks where my GT7 just went on
Nice experience dude!!! GO TEAM NOVAK !!!!
Old 04-26-2004, 05:02 AM
Tech Master

Thumbs up

Originally posted by hobbipro
Quantum 2, Best ESC on the market right now. Sold my GT7 in favor of this one, I ran a 10x2 P94 very hard on this and it never got over being just barely warm! The reactive frequency maps are very cool, Good number of usable profiles. No need for big D cell size capacitors either. Great warranty, not as good as Novaks, they make very fast repairs, but then again you'll probably need to use Novaks at some point! I know I've had to. Maybe Novaks next, new ESC they will get the quality control back up to the Great old cyclone days
They might just incorporate it to the GT7 bro!!!!..
Old 04-26-2004, 05:06 AM
Tech Elite

Originally posted by Wency_TA03R-PRO
Nice experience dude!!! GO TEAM NOVAK !!!!
It's not THAT long ago, many people complained aboiut GT7's blowing up... In general, it seems like the older ECS's with non-SMD techniquies were more solid.... Like the 7.1.
Old 04-26-2004, 05:21 AM
MSB
Tech Adept

Racers,

If you intend to race the Q2 in wet conditions: FORGET.
It dont last one round. I did only 2 races with mine, one in dry asfalt (good performance) and one in a wet round (blowed up with some fire works).
It had been more time in that life time warranty than in my hands. And carefull guys, because this llife time warranty is going to heart your wallet.
I even send a email to LRP Germany without answer. Is it arrogance or are they joking with their customers
Old 04-26-2004, 01:26 PM
Tech Fanatic

Novak = Made in USA! Yeah Baby

although i prefer the size/color of the qc2, it's all about the USA.
Old 04-26-2004, 01:44 PM
Regional Moderator

I have a GT7 in my B4 (Keyence in my TC3) and it's great. I haven't had any problems with it. Even if you do have problems, Novak is a great company to deal with.
Old 04-27-2004, 04:52 AM
Tech Addict

LRP is the best ESC out there and , have a life time warrenty

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.