Hot Bodies TCX

Search this Thread

Old 06-03-2012, 06:33 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Wow this thread finally got a pulse lol
Old 06-06-2012, 01:12 AM
Tech Apprentice

Seriously ! The ETS is a who's who of the RC touring world most of the time. Past world champions, and past worlds podium placers. 3 cars in the top 10 out of 10, thats nearly 1/3rd of the grid.

Seriously, go have a word with yourself in a corner, and dont come out till you have !

On a different note I saw someone mention the Exotech chassis. I have been using the smokem chassis and found that also to be excellent. Not using the steering brace and the turn in and precice handling is excellent. I also run the -2mm towers by SpecR. It's a great combo. Will likely put the steering brace back on once I go back to carpet this winter though.
Old 06-06-2012, 08:58 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 51 (100%+)

I hate to do this but I have to get rid of my TCX and I want to see it go to a good home. If you or your buddy needs a really nice one with tons of spares check mine out. http://www.rctech.net/forum/r-c-item...ras-tires.html
Old 06-06-2012, 09:13 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by Hi-LowBlow
We have full team drivers at the ETS Rd-5 here in Holland.
Any setup sheets from the ETS to share?
Would like a stock one but I'll take Hara's or Moore's
Old 06-07-2012, 01:03 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by Jo90uk
Seriously ! The ETS is a who's who of the RC touring world most of the time. Past world champions, and past worlds podium placers. 3 cars in the top 10 out of 10, thats nearly 1/3rd of the grid.

Seriously, go have a word with yourself in a corner, and dont come out till you have !

On a different note I saw someone mention the Exotech chassis. I have been using the smokem chassis and found that also to be excellent. Not using the steering brace and the turn in and precice handling is excellent. I also run the -2mm towers by SpecR. It's a great combo. Will likely put the steering brace back on once I go back to carpet this winter though.
Must admit I don't have a turn in problem running the brace, only slight improvement I would like is a bit more mid corner high speed steering, low speed is excellent.
Old 06-07-2012, 03:16 AM
Tech Apprentice

Hi Barry, I think being a different chassis they react very differently. I've found the mid and high speed steering is imense, the car just grips at speed and can be pushed out of a corner safely.

Current setup I ran at WLRC the other week (Q2 for the finals behind Ashley Wiffen and in front of Malc Hall)

Front
Roche Spool
2mm under wishbone FF/FR
1mm under top link (inner hole)
Hole 3 on shock tower (from inside)
Hole 2 on wishbone
Medium wheelbase
2degree FF & FR suspension blocks
-1.5 deg camber
4 deg caster
4mm shims on steering link
-1 toe out overall (0.5 per side)
400Wt Much More
Silver Springs
65mm shocks, full rebound, no foam insert

Rear
SpecR GearDiff with Kinetic Yellow* oil
2mm under wishbone FF/FR
Hole 4 on shock tower (from inside)
Middle hole on wishbone
Long wheelbase
2.5 Deg RR suspension block
-2.0 deg camber
400Wt Much More
Silver Springs

Worked a treat on Sorex 32YG's using MR33 Tarmac additive.
Old 06-07-2012, 04:13 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by Jo90uk
Hi Barry, I think being a different chassis they react very differently. I've found the mid and high speed steering is imense, the car just grips at speed and can be pushed out of a corner safely.

Current setup I ran at WLRC the other week (Q2 for the finals behind Ashley Wiffen and in front of Malc Hall)

Front
Roche Spool
2mm under wishbone FF/FR
Hole 3 on shock tower (from inside)
Hole 2 on wishbone
Medium wheelbase
2degree FF & FR suspension blocks
-1.5 deg camber
4 deg caster
4mm shims on steering link
-1 toe out overall (0.5 per side)
400Wt Much More
Silver Springs

Rear
SpecR GearDiff with Kinetic Yellow* oil
2mm under wishbone FF/FR
Hole 4 on shock tower (from inside)
Middle hole on wishbone
Long wheelbase
2.5 Deg RR suspension block
-2.0 deg camber
400Wt Much More
Silver Springs

Worked a treat on Sorex 32YG's using MR33 Tarmac additive.
I am using long wheelbase at front
1.5 under FF/FR and 2RF/1.5 RR
kit FF FR blocks 2.5/??
1.2 Fr roll bar, no rear roll bar
and gold springs all round

as the back end was loose

1000cst in Spec R diff - what is the Kentic oil, I saw Malc is using it as well, googled it and came up with nothing
Old 06-07-2012, 10:36 AM
Tech Master

I gotta tell you guys ...i got an xray t3 and an awesomatix...but for some reason the excitment i have for the release of the TCXX is almost unbearable......any sneak pics of the tcxx the hotbodies crew was running at the euros
Old 06-07-2012, 01:20 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by Korey Harbke
Usually races like this are seen as research and development opportunities. Just because they may not have performed to some's expectations doesn't mean they won't come back with something better the next time around. HB is always testing new things and documenting their findings for later use.

As a person that works in research and development and as a race engineer for a Formula SAE Team, this is a common experience. We sacrifice certain things to get testing done. Information and data are power
I don't think so. So you think it makes sense for them to "sacrifice" this race for the sake of data collection? Really? Like they can't collect data at any other tracks/times and where the top drivers in the world are not also competing and that it's not a highly publicized race? Nope, the simple answer could be is that they just got spanked by Tamiya... You don't "sacrifice" a highly publicized race against top drivers for data collection...
Old 06-07-2012, 03:17 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)
Default 2mm lower shock towers

Little confused with these shock towers as I find the orginal ones are better on Medium Grip Asphalt.

Back when I was using the TC it was a good idea to have higher towers to have more shock oil packing on the piston. Now with the TCX are ppl preferring the lower towers on high grip or low grip conditions..
Old 06-07-2012, 09:12 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 20 (100%+)

Originally Posted by M3Armand
I don't think so. So you think it makes sense for them to "sacrifice" this race for the sake of data collection? Really? Like they can't collect data at any other tracks/times and where the top drivers in the world are not also competing and that it's not a highly publicized race? Nope, the simple answer could be is that they just got spanked by Tamiya... You don't "sacrifice" a highly publicized race against top drivers for data collection...
well if they have their new car coming out soon. I think it would be appropriate to test many things with the worlds coming up. Isnt the ISTC worlds at the same track? correct me if im wrong
Old 06-08-2012, 02:35 AM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by goots
well if they have their new car coming out soon. I think it would be appropriate to test many things with the worlds coming up. Isnt the ISTC worlds at the same track? correct me if im wrong
No, the track of Apeldoorn where he ran the ETS is not the track ISTC.

The track of the world ISTC is Heemstede.

However, it seems that the team HB has taken advantage of ETS to test new material and also to test the track Heemstede.

New chassis tested by Adachi at the ETS.

Hot Bodies TCX-adachi.jpg
Old 06-08-2012, 10:10 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 30 (100%+)

Originally Posted by M3Armand
remember, the ETS is a series of races, not just a one time shot

where else would you get the chance of testing new stuff against REAL competition?? can't re-create real competition and events that happend during a race...
Old 06-08-2012, 10:36 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by AGNO

However, it seems that the team HB has taken advantage of ETS to test new material and also to test the track Heemstede.

Attachment 932418
Good lord thats a narrow chassis.
Old 06-08-2012, 11:41 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by AGNO

Attachment 932418
Yes sneak peak just what the doctor ordered ..thanks dude

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.