Search
Like Tree2Likes

Tamiya TB-Evolution IV

Search this Thread

Old 10-15-2005, 07:46 AM
Tech Apprentice

spacers on wheel nuts

Helllo fellow EvoIV users

I have just bought a EvoIV, have driven the car twice now, each time I have had problems with the non-tamiya wheel, spinning on wheel nut due to the spacers & lack of depth on wheel to sucure the onto.

does anybody know of a solution?

(tamiya rims & tyres are too expensive to always use.)

Thanks

Christian
Attached Thumbnails Tamiya TB-Evolution IV-spacers.jpg  
Old 10-15-2005, 08:23 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

take the spacers out and put them on the inside of the roll pin or use none and see it it hits the ball cup, if it does shave some off...
Old 10-15-2005, 08:29 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)

you can also locate some of the 6mm thick wheel hexes, and that usually takes acre of it. if you dont have to use the washers to keep from rubbing, id leave em out.
Old 10-15-2005, 10:17 AM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by drew85
take the spacers out and put them on the inside of the roll pin or use none and see it it hits the ball cup, if it does shave some off...
Unfortunately I tried none but it was sooo close it almost rubbed, was advised rim flex under load thus likely to stop car while turning

will try & place the shims in between the pin & nut.

Thanks
Old 10-15-2005, 10:39 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Hi,

What type of rim are you using? If its THAT close (as you say above) then try just one of the shims, not both. I've used Sorex rims, Schumacher rims, ProLine rims, Tamiya rims and Speedmind rims without a problem. Should be okay.
Old 10-15-2005, 10:47 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by CAMS RC
Helllo fellow EvoIV users

I have just bought a EvoIV, have driven the car twice now, each time I have had problems with the non-tamiya wheel, spinning on wheel nut due to the spacers & lack of depth on wheel to sucure the onto.

does anybody know of a solution?

(tamiya rims & tyres are too expensive to always use.)

Thanks

Christian
If you can get Kawahara stuff try their aluminum wheel nuts. They have a reverse teeth that bites and lock onto your rim and won't come out.
Old 10-15-2005, 08:13 PM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by F. Alonso
Hi,

What type of rim are you using? If its THAT close (as you say above) then try just one of the shims, not both. I've used Sorex rims, Schumacher rims, ProLine rims, Tamiya rims and Speedmind rims without a problem. Should be okay.
Hello Simon

I am currentlly using speed mind, Sorex & yokomo rims (all dish).
I was using the single blue one but found it too tight to turning ball joint on wheel hub, I will have to check again maybe the nut contact area on rim might be a problem area as well.

thanks

jeffrey, I will look out for the Kawahara stuff.

Thanks
Old 10-15-2005, 08:17 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Okay,

I suggest to use the 1mm spacer (should be red from memory) and that should work on almost all rims. I actually bought 5mm hexes because of that reason. Give that a go, should work with most rims.
Old 10-15-2005, 08:21 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Best bet is to get either the Silver 6mm wheel hexes.. or the 5mm Blue hexes. I think the EvoIV MS comes with the 5mm blue hexes and the standard EvoIV has the 4mm blue hexes. I use the 6mm hexes. If I need narrower, I can always go back to my 4mm...
Old 10-18-2005, 12:08 AM
Tech Regular

Default DJ Pro Module

Hi, I was wondering whether anyone has tried the DJ Pro Module on the EVO IV? Any feedback / set up tips would be welcome. I'm particularly interested to hear from those who drive on outdoor prepared asphalt tracks. Cheers.
Old 10-20-2005, 04:34 AM
Tech Rookie

Caster Angles

I am about to build my new EVO IV MS. The kit offers two choices for the front caster angle, 2 or 4 degrees.

Never had a kit before that offered this. What affect does caster angle have on the handling, and which angle do people use?

Any other advice about building the kit would be welcome

Cheers
Old 10-20-2005, 05:05 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Most people run the 4deg ones. The 4's will give you a little more steering comming out of the turn than the 2's will. The 2's are just the opposite, they will give you a little more steering going in and a little less comming out. The 2 deg one will also make the car a little less stable in a straight line.
Old 10-20-2005, 03:59 PM
Tech Adept

Hey guys! I have my Evo IV running pretty good but I was wondering what I can do to get some more roll speed out of the corners I already have a one way in the car but I'm looking for more roll speed through the infield. Any suggestions?

-Lee
Old 10-28-2005, 04:46 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Default Evo 4 gearing

Hi

I need some help with the gearing on my Evo 4. I intend to run it in stock, silver can, can anyone suggest a starting point for pinion and spur gear size to suit a silver can?

And can I also have some help with finding a setup sheet for tarmac, suggestions woule be good

thanks
Old 10-28-2005, 04:58 AM
Tech Apprentice

Default evo4

hi i was wondering if anyone had a carpet foam set up for a evo 4 ms

thanks matt

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.