Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree2Likes

Tamiya TB-Evolution IV

Search this Thread

Old 05-16-2005, 12:25 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Thanks. I will try to find a set in the states. Did Yokomo release the LCG kit yet? Getting ready to build the SD "black special" as soon as I find the LCG kit.
Old 05-16-2005, 03:40 PM
Tech Addict

Originally posted by loosenut
Heh? You run at rccar?

Gary
Yep, Juan runs out there and is pretty damn fast. I just started getting back into electric but you will see me out there too. I was out at Ripon on Saturday and couldn't make RCCAR on Sunday.

I understand that the tires to use in the hot day at RCCAR are Sorex 36 with Xenon Grey inserts. I ran these Saturday in the hot weather at Ripon and they were hooked up.

Try the stock yellow springs on pavement with AE40 in the front and AE30 in the rear. Run the stock sway bars or yellow front, red rear. Shock position2 from top in front and 3 from top in rear, #2 stock position on lower arms.

If you want, drop me a PM with your e-mail and stuff and we can synch up for the next race. I am not running my Evo now but I have parts and I know the car pretty well so I can help you out. Plus I have a bunch of extra brand new hopups for cheap if you want like swaybars, etc.
Old 05-16-2005, 09:47 PM
Tech Fanatic

Wow..thx for the tips....FRaz..

Instead of the sorex...are there other alternatives - like pre glued take offs or RPs? I hate...HATE gluing tires...I always end up messing them up so that they are out of round....so I like to get pre-glued...like take off 36 with medium inserts maybe?

I'll pm ya..

Thx.

G
Old 05-16-2005, 09:53 PM
Tech Fanatic

Does setup change when running mod vs...say a 19T class?

Also, right now I've got a problem of keeping the car straight under acceleration. It's weird. If I punch it from dead stop, it either goes right or left.....is that because of weight balance issue or that I just need to setup my car on a board/station? I didn't setup my car on a station yet...all just measuring the tie rods per manual.....

G
Old 05-16-2005, 10:08 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Could be dodgy centering servo or something. Not a Hitec servo is it?

Also could be servo saver, or simply just torque steer. Hard to say without seeing the car methinks.
Old 05-17-2005, 03:58 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Does setup change when running mod vs...say a 19T class?

Also, right now I've got a problem of keeping the car straight under acceleration. It's weird. If I punch it from dead stop, it either goes right or left.....is that because of weight balance issue or that I just need to setup my car on a board/station? I didn't setup my car on a station yet...all just measuring the tie rods per manual.....

G
Make sure your droop is set even left to right. If on foams, make sure the diametres are even too.
Old 05-17-2005, 10:01 AM
Tech Adept

Also, right now I've got a problem of keeping the car straight under acceleration. It's weird. If I punch it from dead stop, it either goes right or left.....is that because of weight balance issue or that I just need to setup my car on a board/station?
Check to make sure the back of the chassis is not hitting the ground when you accelerate. My car was doing this till I added some anti squat, before I did that it would make a hard right turn on power.
Old 05-17-2005, 10:46 AM
Tech Fanatic

I'll check all those things when I get home today. I don't think it's torque steer cause it doesn't just go one direction. It's un predictable...both right and left......I'll setup my car on a board soon...

G
Old 05-25-2005, 01:06 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 35 (100%+)

Has anyone tried the DJ suspension on the Evo yet? How does it handle? How much different is the car with this setup?
Old 05-25-2005, 08:09 PM
Tech Master

I havnt yet, i "might" buy it but i need some other bits first, want the titanium turnbuckles and stuff. I had mine going really well at the weekend, rear felt a bit loose off power but who comes off power when racing stock! Was fairly durable as well, i broke a front knuckle but i gave it some knocks as well as plenty of air time over the kerbs.
Old 05-26-2005, 06:31 AM
Tech Apprentice

Default Need A Part

I have broken the carbon fibre steering link on my EVO, anyone know where there is some stock?
Old 05-26-2005, 06:38 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

You can buy them from Rainbow Ten. Quote the part number from the manual in an email off to [email protected] and they should be able to sort you out. That's where I got mine when I had my Evo IV.
Old 05-26-2005, 10:18 AM
Tech Master

You can also get the steering plate from Jason's store on ebay. I bought a spare the other week for $4. The shipping was very fast and the price was reasonable.
Old 05-26-2005, 10:23 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Csaari77
You can also get the steering plate from Jason's store on ebay. I bought a spare the other week for $4. The shipping was very fast and the price was reasonable.
Have you got a link to his stuff on ebay, i need to pickup some spares....
Old 05-26-2005, 12:10 PM
Tech Master

here is the link for Jason's store:

http://stores.ebay.com/Jasons-Store_...eNameZl4QQtZkm

He has some really good deals. I got a bag with a oneway gear, a ball diff gear, and 2 bevel gears for $4 last week.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.