Like Tree2Likes

Tamiya TB-Evolution IV

Search this Thread

Old 01-05-2005, 10:29 AM
wyd
Tech Legend

Trader Rating: 51 (100%+)

Originally posted by F. Alonso
Oh okay. Thanks for the clarification regarding the front toe blocks. I may need to invest in some.
I'm going to sweep my arms this weekend as I have a spool in my car at this time. Lots of testing to do on this car. So many options on what I can do and try.
Old 01-05-2005, 11:01 AM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)

Originally posted by madjack
The effect is mid corner steering...nice for those who run spools from time to time
hehe... need more steering all the time.

john, what results did u find with the X Blocks? i still want to do C/X - X/A, X/X to replace the D/A - A/A, A/B im currently running now.

F. Alonso. my camber links are set at the longest length for the front. and shortest for the rear. not sure if you were asking about that?
Old 01-05-2005, 08:02 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

who has parts in stock for this car? Speedtechrc is out of what I need

I ordered a bunch of hop-ups off an ebay store from japan but no one stocks spare parts only hop-ups.
Old 01-05-2005, 08:08 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

Try Rainbow Ten they usually have everything instock. They are right across from Tamiya. http://www.rainbowten.co.jp/english/index.html
Old 01-05-2005, 09:06 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Yeh, Rainbow Ten is that S**T!!
Old 01-05-2005, 10:59 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Originally posted by PIIHB!
who has parts in stock for this car? Speedtechrc is out of what I need

I ordered a bunch of hop-ups off an ebay store from japan but no one stocks spare parts only hop-ups.
PIIHB!

We should be getting a Tamiya shipment soon. Japan could be on their week long holiday at the moment.

Steve Wang
Old 01-05-2005, 11:45 PM
Tech Elite

Yeh, Best thing about Rainbow Ten is that they are literally across the road from the Tamiya factory so any obscure parts can usually be gotten, such as thrust bearings and diff springs, etc.

Speedtech is also another great store with a LOT of parts in stock simultaneously and they only stock the best brands too.

BTW Steve, You have Mail!!
Old 01-06-2005, 07:37 AM
wyd
Tech Legend

Trader Rating: 51 (100%+)

Originally posted by SpeedTech
PIIHB!

We should be getting a Tamiya shipment soon. Japan could be on their week long holiday at the moment.

Steve Wang
Vacation only happens when you are looking for parts!!!!!!! Steve did have some cool stuff from Square for my EVO IV.
Old 01-06-2005, 10:35 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Originally posted by F. Alonso
Yeh, Best thing about Rainbow Ten is that they are literally across the road from the Tamiya factory so any obscure parts can usually be gotten, such as thrust bearings and diff springs, etc.

Speedtech is also another great store with a LOT of parts in stock simultaneously and they only stock the best brands too.

BTW Steve, You have Mail!!
Simon,

You have a reply from me. I actually been to R10 when I was in Japan, and to my surprise, it is actually a small shop with not much r/c parts in stock really. From what I understand, they order most of the parts as they get the orders, they are more of plastic model store actually...but it was nice to visit the Tamiya track in Japan (next door) very nice track, and they also allow other brands of cars to be on the track as well

Steve Wang
Old 01-06-2005, 11:01 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 28 (100%+)

Originally posted by Hebiki
hehe... need more steering all the time.

john, what results did u find with the X Blocks? i still want to do C/X - X/A, X/X to replace the D/A - A/A, A/B im currently running now.

F. Alonso. my camber links are set at the longest length for the front. and shortest for the rear. not sure if you were asking about that?
Chris,

at the moment it is C/X - X/A...all most too much bite the addition of 2 of the xenon center braces allowed the rear to release mid corner (So Cal 2 weeks ago, tight track )

went to 30/30wt from 45/35 with the hope of more finding more turn in.

How much droop have you been running in the front...this beast seems to like large amounts up front.

Will you be there Sat?
Old 01-06-2005, 11:25 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Unhappy

Originally posted by SpeedTech
I actually been to R10 when I was in Japan, and to my surprise, it is actually a small shop with not much r/c parts in stock really.
Yeah, kinda dissappointing if you travelled thousand of miles to j-land... we were expecting a bit more.
Attached Thumbnails Tamiya TB-Evolution IV-rainbow_10.jpg  
Old 01-06-2005, 11:26 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Talking

But then... Steve is right, the track next door was DA BOMB!
Attached Thumbnails Tamiya TB-Evolution IV-tamiya_track_near_rainbow10.jpg  
Old 01-07-2005, 01:49 AM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)

Originally posted by madjack
Chris,

at the moment it is C/X - X/A...all most too much bite the addition of 2 of the xenon center braces allowed the rear to release mid corner (So Cal 2 weeks ago, tight track )

went to 30/30wt from 45/35 with the hope of more finding more turn in.

How much droop have you been running in the front...this beast seems to like large amounts up front.

Will you be there Sat?
the same weekend i was there right? my set up was the stock set up with a few slight changes.

droop for the front is set at 26mm (or 25mm i forget). measured to the top of the axle. the rear is set somewhere at 23? maybe 23.5. i dont go past 24mm tho. i am running the tamiya yellow oil (est. at 40wt i think?) with 3 hole pistons.... of course. the tires.

Mid corner steering is good if i dive in hard, but i have a slight exit push. but i make up for it with a lot of turn in and very hard yet controllable dive.

Sat... im TRYING to convince my gf to let me go. looks pretty good right now tho. i think ill be running the evoIV in mabuchi. wanna join us?
Old 01-07-2005, 07:01 AM
Tech Elite

Steve, mail right back at ya. Thanks.
Old 01-07-2005, 07:31 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 28 (100%+)

Originally posted by eeyan
But then... Steve is right, the track next door was DA BOMB!
so was that the track that provided Linger's low turn powered, high alititude air show that I heard so much about?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.