Search
Like Tree3Likes

BMI Racing "Copperhead 12" discussion and support

Search this Thread

Old 07-10-2010, 06:03 AM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 103 (100%+)

Originally Posted by whynot
thanks jason and everyone else for your help. when will the new bmi front end be available? and what spares should I order along with the cars. am not sure how durable the flex plates are and if I need to have a bunch of these with the spacers in my box and are there different flex plates for tuning options
the only thing you need are parts for the front end and the copper spacers to change the track width,don't worry about the flex plats unless everyone in the class beats up on everyone else
Old 07-10-2010, 08:22 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Originally Posted by whynot
Thank you very much guys, I am very interested in getting one of these, Do the crc pro cuts have the right offset for this car? what tires do you guys run? and are they coming with the new bmi front end if not which front end does it come with? are the front lower arms machined to a tight tolerance so the chassey stays level and you dont have to shim it to get it level. sorry for all the questions. I just find it aggravating to have to go through all the measuring,shimming so the ride height will be the same left to right, but that just may come with racing 12 scales. my son and I both will prob. run this car in the fall, cant wait
With our new front end we are testing, there is no need for shimming for ride height. It is very cool that you now will be able to adjust ride height and droop in the front without removing any screws,nuts or eclips. No sagging springs, Hell,You dont even need to pick the car up.

Testing is going to begin next weekend as the prototype front end is now made and on the car. If all goes well i will go into production at the end of this month and they will be available for carpet season. I will post pics once testing is completed. You guys are going to be pretty happy
Old 07-11-2010, 06:56 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)

Originally Posted by protc3
With our new front end we are testing, there is no need for shimming for ride height. It is very cool that you now will be able to adjust ride height and droop in the front without removing any screws,nuts or eclips. No sagging springs, Hell,You dont even need to pick the car up.

Testing is going to begin next weekend as the prototype front end is now made and on the car. If all goes well i will go into production at the end of this month and they will be available for carpet season. I will post pics once testing is completed. You guys are going to be pretty happy
Awesome this car with the new front end,I think will be the way to go. now will the new front end be sold in the kits or will it be a hop up? will this new front end be a direct fit for the coppers heads already sold or will there be a different hole layout?
Old 07-11-2010, 08:26 AM
Tech Lord

The front end will be sold as an upgrade as it is too expensive to put in with the kit and keep the price of the kit the same. It will fit all existing cars and i will be making it fit all the other cars out there also.
Old 07-11-2010, 09:49 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 51 (100%+)

NICE!!!

The front end will be sold as an upgrade as it is too expensive to put in with the kit and keep the price of the kit the same. It will fit all existing cars and i will be making it fit all the other cars out there also.
Old 07-11-2010, 08:39 PM
Tech Champion

Is it still dynamic strut style with the non-moving lower arm or is it an independent type suspension?
Old 07-11-2010, 09:02 PM
Tech Lord

It is not a strut style front end.
Old 07-12-2010, 12:42 AM
Tech Champion

Ah! Very Interesting
Old 07-12-2010, 05:52 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)
Default cruelty

It is not a strut style front end.
it's cruel to tease the 1/12th scale racing community in this manner. the way to ease the cruelty is to post some pics of the new inventions. let's see 'em please.
Old 07-12-2010, 05:57 AM
Tech Fanatic

I don't think that anyone will see pictures of the new front end before it is released... Even if you get down on your knees and beg Jason for it... Just be patient about it. Knowing Jason and what he's capable of with BMI, it will be great!

So just sit tight and wait for it...
Old 07-12-2010, 06:55 AM
avs
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by InspGadgt
Is it still dynamic strut style with the non-moving lower arm or is it an independent type suspension?
my first reaction to this was 'independent suspension is not allowed'. so i checked the roar rules and verified that rule only applies to the rear.

its funny how tradition or convention can become the rule in one's mind.
Old 07-12-2010, 08:27 AM
Tech Lord

Originally Posted by vafactor
it's cruel to tease the 1/12th scale racing community in this manner. the way to ease the cruelty is to post some pics of the new inventions. let's see 'em please.
Not trying to be cruel. I will have pics as soon as i have it in production form. I dont want to show it until all, if any modifications are made. It is not going to be a strut front end. That style front end works but really is not at the level of an uneven double wishbone suspension. I will have alot more info shortly but rest assured, it is cool and works very well.
Old 07-12-2010, 09:09 AM
Tech Adept

Hey, a bit of help needed... Can't seem to get the right electronic set-up for Lipo... I run a LRP SXX speedo and a receiver pack... What roll out should I run in Modified and which motor for a open track? Also what speedo set-up (throttle profile etc.) should I use.
What I find happening is either I have power for 3-4 minutes then nothing, or not enough power for the whole race. After seeing the worlds I can see they getting it right so I need some help...

Thanks all
Old 07-12-2010, 09:28 AM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

Originally Posted by avs
my first reaction to this was 'independent suspension is not allowed'. so i checked the roar rules and verified that rule only applies to the rear.

its funny how tradition or convention can become the rule in one's mind.
Of course it is legal, just look at the yokomo car that just won the worlds. It is at the moment illegal by WGT rules but I wouldn't be surprise if that changes.
Old 07-12-2010, 09:34 AM
Tech Lord

Umm, the strut front end is independant also. There is no rule against double wishbone front ends.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.