Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road
what would be the best hop up for a tc3? >

what would be the best hop up for a tc3?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

what would be the best hop up for a tc3?

Search this Thread

Old 03-17-2002, 10:57 AM
Tech Apprentice

lotsa great suggestions. my contribution is a tweak station and either the hudy or integy set-up tools. if you don't have your car dialed in... you're nowhere nearer to a driveable car.
Old 03-17-2002, 11:19 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trade it in for a FTTC3. Then add BRP front bumper, Trinity wheel nuts, RPM ball cups, IRS drive shaft aluminum outdrives, AE spring set, Trinity shock bushings, 64-pitch gears.

Fantom P2K with double shunt E brushes, red/green springs.
Foam tires if on carpet.
If on carpet, dial up your droop, add 4 degree front caster blocks and play with arm blocks for better kickup and toe in adjustments.
Old 03-17-2002, 03:49 PM
Tech Apprentice

i cant trade it for a factory team right now but i do run on asphalt and im using a spec sheet from a pro driver for asphalt. so i'll get the front bumber does anybody know the part number? so what would be more cheap tricks or hop ups?
Old 03-17-2002, 05:54 PM
Tech Regular

Here's the page from Tower Hobbies for the BRP front bumper: http://www2.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...1&I=LXSR44&P=0
Old 03-17-2002, 05:58 PM
Regional Moderator

Hey Flash Gordon, coolrcdad, what's the deal with this bumper plate? I see that it's wider but does it make the front bumper sturdier? Would you use the Foam bumper from Ass. or would you need a different one that will fit the plate?
Old 03-17-2002, 05:58 PM
Tech Apprentice

i also have another question. how do u get a logo under your name on this site like the ford one and the other stuff?
Old 03-17-2002, 06:27 PM
Tech Regular

The BRP bumper is a replacement for the stock bumper. Also you should replace the foam with one from Trinity. I have one of these on my car. I haven't broken any arms lately, but I have been able to break them. As for changing the avatar, you have to go into your options and change it.
Old 03-17-2002, 06:38 PM
Regional Moderator

thanks Flash, jsut ordered the BRP replacement and the bumper
Old 03-18-2002, 03:53 AM
Tech Addict

Originally posted by coolrcdad
Trade it in for a FTTC3. Then add BRP front bumper, Trinity wheel nuts, RPM ball cups, IRS drive shaft aluminum outdrives, AE spring set, Trinity shock bushings, 64-pitch gears.

Fantom P2K with double shunt E brushes, red/green springs.
Foam tires if on carpet.
If on carpet, dial up your droop, add 4 degree front caster blocks and play with arm blocks for better kickup and toe in adjustments.
hmm, I think that will be abit over priced, considering thats why people buy read to runs.
Old 03-18-2002, 06:05 PM
Tech Apprentice

Hop ups for tc3.

BRP wide bumper, nerf wings. 'Specially if your new at this and have a solid board track.

Lightweight diffs. I don't know if the rtr's come with these or the metal ones. Deffinite upgrade.

Threaded shock bodies. Can get your tweak perfect, but I raced for about six months (my first six months) with the preload spacers and never had a problem.

Good Tires. Look at what the fast guys are running and buy those.

O-rings on the steering links. Put regular shock o-rings on all the steering ball cups. Reduces slop. Dont use on the suspension ball cups, causes binding.

Lightweight input shafts. Never used them, but any reduction in rotating mass is a good thing.

Everything else for the tc3 is dabatable. Like I said, I raced the tc3 with regular shocks and some other hop-ups and did just fine.
The best hop-up for your car is the 5 dollar sunday practice!