Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Cuda's?

Search this Thread

Old 04-03-2004, 10:47 PM
Tech Master

Default Cuda's?

I noticed some of you have some Alex Racing Barracuda R2's & R3's.....How do you guys like em? What do you have to say about them? I've always kept my eye on one but I want to know a little bit more about the car than I read in RCCA for curiosity and walletosity's (yeah, when I can afford a wallet) sake...
Old 04-03-2004, 10:49 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

they're as good as any other top car out there. they're a pretty car so if looks is important, they're a good choice. They're also durable as f*ck, especially if you get the aluminum c-hubs.
Old 04-03-2004, 11:53 PM
Tech Fanatic

I have one for sale!! Check out the For Sale/Trade forum! or PM ME!
Old 04-03-2004, 11:53 PM
Tech Elite

ive ran the Cuda R2 for the past year and i can say it is durable as far as the a-arms are concerned....i wouldn't say that about the front carriers that hold the bearings though....they are quite fragile ...if you get the hard material ones and hit something even sometimes very lightly you snap it...if you got the stock soft material ones the bottom hole gets reamed out if you hit something and the camber change is drastic....all in all run the soft material because you can at least finish the race...

i would suggest the aluminum shaft holders for the R2 and the Xenon chassis it is a step above the stock chassis...i would sell mine if the price was right but i also have many many hop ups and spares for it...i loved the car though...but i have a Warpspeed TC3 now and like it just as much if not more then the 'Cuda...one is cuz of parts availibility and two is because the set ups are much easier to get from locals drivers and fast guys
Old 04-04-2004, 12:06 AM
Tech Master

No, I don't have any money...I owe my dad a set of tires because I had to borrow $35 for a new set today due when/if I get the job at the LHS...hey, two of the guys working there I race with and know I know a bunch about 10th scale electrics and thats the major scene around here. Plus, they were the ones that reffered me I'm just proud of that fact....and the fact I won my main on those tires

I have BMI & IRS chassis TC3s......I might eventually swap the BMI for the Warpspeed D2...I like it a lil better and I hear it has the layout for the NTC3 steering assembely.
Old 04-04-2004, 12:09 AM
Tech Elite

try the Warpspeed it has the same layout as the Cuda R2...no torque steer even with the modified in it!

the D2 is approx. 1/2 inch shorter in wheelbase over the D1
if you like a twitchy car the D2 is the car for you...most people lean towards the D1 as it more stable
Old 04-04-2004, 12:09 AM
Tech Fanatic

Here is a link to my cuda.. just incase you want it

http://www.rctech.net/forum/showthre...385#post803385
Old 04-04-2004, 01:42 AM
Tech Master

[QUOTE]Originally posted by MugenMTX3Kid
edited
Old 04-05-2004, 07:12 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

Hey Black Kat....you should stick to learning to drive and tuning your Tc3 better before you go buying anything new.All that talk that came out of your mouth about how you were gonna beat Art's wife didnt help your cause.She was in the "show" and your the winner in the B. Bang up job btw...Plus your always saying your broke.Don't buy a cuda if you dont have the funds.They are expensive.

BTW,I love my R3.
Old 04-05-2004, 07:32 AM
Tech Elite

Originally posted by racenut123
Hey Black Kat....you should stick to learning to drive and tuning your Tc3 better before you go buying anything new.All that talk that came out of your mouth about how you were gonna beat Art's wife didnt help your cause.She was in the "show" and your the winner in the B. Bang up job btw...Plus your always saying your broke.Don't buy a cuda if you dont have the funds.They are expensive.

BTW,I love my R3.
Cudas are only expensive if you have three plus a web special.