Black diamond setups

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Black diamond setups

Search this Thread

Old 02-22-2010, 02:43 PM
Tech Champion

At the end of the day, everyone has their own favourite ESC, Motor etc etc. and it's good to see a thread here for discussing it, like there is one for the RS/Pro.

Im happy using a Tekin RS Pro, others will prefer to use the BD - that's racing....

I'm just trying to make this thread as neutral as possible for the guys who like the BD
Old 02-22-2010, 03:30 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

Originally Posted by tc3team
At the end of the day, everyone has their own favourite ESC, Motor etc etc. and it's good to see a thread here for discussing it, like there is one for the RS/Pro.

Im happy using a Tekin RS Pro, others will prefer to use the BD - that's racing....

I'm just trying to make this thread as neutral as possible for the guys who like the BD
I couldn't agree more I have tried all the speedy out there for spec class and there all good but like with all speedys they have there pros and cons with the bd the power band is very smooth dose not seem to get up set with gearing a bit out.the bad point is that profile 4 and 5 on the brake profile has drag brake and 1,2,3 don't have drag brake so profile 3 is as far as you can go before you have drag brake.with spec class drag brake bring on to much heat
Old 02-22-2010, 03:42 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by tc3team

Well, there already is a BD ESC thread...

http://www.rctech.net/forum/electric...-settings.html - 91 posts
Old 02-22-2010, 05:01 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by mikky32
Originally Posted by sidecarphil1
View Post
i also hear that the Black Diamond wont be approved by EFRA or ROAR
What about this?
As this is true, you have a speedo that is not allowed ad all the clubs and races that follow those rules.
I contacted Dawn Sanchez of ROAR regarding the above statement and here response was, "untrue".
Old 02-22-2010, 05:10 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Originally Posted by rmdhawaii

This thread is labelled "Black diamond setups"

As like myself we are looking for good advice on setting up the BD.

The other thread labled “Blackdiamond Esc settings“ is people comparing Tekin, LRP and BD..

Personally just looking for someone who has some advice on how to setup this ESC in my 12th scale car having purchased the 1s version.

Looking for good rollout info and spur / pinion

Shall be running my BD with LRP x12 10.5, because of it low down torque this ESC should be able to take advantage. And mod when racing outside down to 3.5 I guess

You can purchase 2 x tekin for the price of one BD however I took the hit for 5 reasons.

• The model I have purchased was aim at my racing class 12th scale
  • Everyone races Tekin and I want to be different
  • It is a winning formula, but this can be said for every product at every track
  • You shall be able to upgrade (fingers crossed)
  • It is fast really fast

Aslong as this can compete against the likes of Tekin or LRP that is its job. The rest is me making sure I can drive

Staying neutral on the subject Tekin have great Customer Service, however I also own an LRP and have found LRP Germany to be massively helpful too.

CRC must get load of email everyday so replying can be slow, however sometimes a reply is nice. Sent 2 email got a response from 1 but not the other.

Alex
Old 02-22-2010, 07:21 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)
Default Yo

anyone got aused Black Diamond that I can buy or trade for a New Orca TC spec? I really want to try one of these out!
Old 02-22-2010, 08:31 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by Me_MrTyson
This thread is labelled "Black diamond setups"

As like myself we are looking for good advice on setting up the BD.

The other thread labled “Blackdiamond Esc settings“ is people comparing Tekin, LRP and BD..

Personally just looking for someone who has some advice on how to setup this ESC in my 12th scale car having purchased the 1s version.

Looking for good rollout info and spur / pinion

Shall be running my BD with LRP x12 10.5, because of it low down torque this ESC should be able to take advantage. And mod when racing outside down to 3.5 I guess

You can purchase 2 x tekin for the price of one BD however I took the hit for 5 reasons.

• The model I have purchased was aim at my racing class 12th scale
  • Everyone races Tekin and I want to be different
  • It is a winning formula, but this can be said for every product at every track
  • You shall be able to upgrade (fingers crossed)
  • It is fast really fast

Aslong as this can compete against the likes of Tekin or LRP that is its job. The rest is me making sure I can drive

Staying neutral on the subject Tekin have great Customer Service, however I also own an LRP and have found LRP Germany to be massively helpful too.

CRC must get load of email everyday so replying can be slow, however sometimes a reply is nice. Sent 2 email got a response from 1 but not the other.

Alex
thanks for pointing out that this thread was intended for sets ups as it alot of money to waste if you get it wrong
Old 02-23-2010, 03:27 AM
Tech Master

Location: Oreganastan Pacific Wonderland home to Indoor Farming

Are you guys gonna tune/ program/ push some buttons/ upload/ download or just bitch?

Some actual adjusting would be nice.........

Last edited by Drillit; 02-23-2010 at 03:29 AM. Reason: sounded rude the first time
Old 02-23-2010, 05:48 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 14 (94%+)

i have a question, i have a low profile black diamond for 1cell racing and i'm wondering if anybody has the same and is using it for 2cell if anybody is can you pm me i need some help

thanks
Old 02-23-2010, 05:49 AM
Tech Master

I contacted Dawn Sanchez of ROAR regarding the above statement and here response was, "untrue".
Thanks, that's what I wanted to no.
Old 02-23-2010, 08:51 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Scott.K
i have a question, i have a low profile black diamond for 1cell racing and i'm wondering if anybody has the same and is using it for 2cell if anybody is can you pm me i need some help

thanks
You can run the "1 cell" version with a 2s down to a 10.5 with no problem.
Old 02-23-2010, 09:21 AM
Tech Elite

scott - pm sent
Old 02-23-2010, 10:24 AM
Tech Rookie

There are currently no rules in EFRA that would stop the use of a BD controller at an EFRA sanctioned event.
The same is true of BRCA, no rules prevent its use
Old 02-23-2010, 12:58 PM
Tech Champion

yes, but I feel this thread needs its own space.

The BD caught some RS Pro users unawares, for all we know, that could happen again.

It's very easy to say X Y or Z is the best out there (i've been guilty of that before), but it's not always the case- things happen, and what's best for one isn't best for everyone.

It's not healthy to see one manufacturer dominate a market. Racers and manufacturers alike enjoy competition!
Old 02-23-2010, 01:17 PM
Tech Regular

Hi guys tonight I'll be putting the bd beside a tekin 203 in tc class 17.5 and 10.5 so I'll keep uses In the know.

Last edited by P.I.M.P; 02-23-2010 at 01:43 PM.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.