Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric On-Road
Blackdiamond Esc settings >

Blackdiamond Esc settings

Blackdiamond Esc settings

Old 11-15-2009, 12:32 PM
  #1  
Tech Regular
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Posts: 399
Default Blackdiamond Esc settings

Awaiting delivery of the New Esc from CRC delivery due at end of the week. Does any one have any info on settings for 1/12th racing 10.5 and 17.5 1S lipo power pack.
TXS in advance
tellan is offline  
Old 11-15-2009, 12:40 PM
  #2  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (103)
 
LOW ET's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: cleveland, ohio
Posts: 3,131
Trader Rating: 103 (100%+)
Default

my question is, does anyone have dimensions on these esc's?
LOW ET is offline  
Old 11-15-2009, 01:05 PM
  #3  
Tech Master
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Helmond
Posts: 1,544
Default

The size of the low profile.
Size: 38x32x15 mm
the size of the TC spec
Size: 38x32x22 mm (excl fan)
mikky32 is offline  
Old 11-15-2009, 01:07 PM
  #4  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (103)
 
LOW ET's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: cleveland, ohio
Posts: 3,131
Trader Rating: 103 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by mikky32 View Post
The size of the low profile.
Size: 38x32x15 mm
the size of the TC spec
Size: 38x32x22 mm (excl fan)
thanks

any weights to go with that?
LOW ET is offline  
Old 11-15-2009, 01:19 PM
  #5  
Tech Champion
iTrader: (103)
 
stiltskin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Virginia Beach
Posts: 5,391
Trader Rating: 103 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by LOW ET View Post
my question is, does anyone have dimensions on these esc's?
My question is, can anyone afford these ESC's? Is it really $350-$400?
stiltskin is offline  
Old 11-15-2009, 01:20 PM
  #6  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (103)
 
LOW ET's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: cleveland, ohio
Posts: 3,131
Trader Rating: 103 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by stiltskin View Post
My question is, can anyone afford these ESC's? Is it really $350-$400?
it does seem very expensive. i hope that's msrp and not retail.
LOW ET is offline  
Old 11-15-2009, 01:27 PM
  #7  
Tech Master
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Helmond
Posts: 1,544
Default

Originally Posted by LOW ET View Post
it does seem very expensive. i hope that's msrp and not retail.
It's the price you will pay.
It's expensive but do you want to pay so much for it as there are other speedo's that can go as fast as this one with new software?
It will be the fastest in the beginning but for how long?
The settings are limited compared to a Tekin, Gm and others.

I stay with the Tekin and wait for new updates.
mikky32 is offline  
Old 11-15-2009, 01:30 PM
  #8  
Tech Master
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Helmond
Posts: 1,544
Default

Originally Posted by LOW ET View Post
thanks

any weights to go with that?
No sorry.

I now it has 5 profiles and that you have a few drag brake and brake settings and that's it.
mikky32 is offline  
Old 11-15-2009, 01:37 PM
  #9  
Tech Master
iTrader: (8)
 
jkirkwood's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Posts: 1,241
Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)
Default

I was going to buy one until I seen the price.
jkirkwood is offline  
Old 11-15-2009, 01:37 PM
  #10  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (28)
 
mtveten's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Posts: 2,720
Trader Rating: 28 (100%+)
Default

unfortunately $350 is street price for the 1-cell model. Once other manufactures catch up I would expect the price to drop significantly but I wouldn't expect anyone to do so this season. Based on the info I got from Tekin they are working on an update to shrink the gap but it sounds as though though they don't expect to match it this season.

Mark
mtveten is offline  
Old 11-15-2009, 01:39 PM
  #11  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (103)
 
LOW ET's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: cleveland, ohio
Posts: 3,131
Trader Rating: 103 (100%+)
Default

i guess we'll have to wait and see what the lrp sxx stock spec can do.
LOW ET is offline  
Old 11-15-2009, 01:48 PM
  #12  
Tech Master
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Helmond
Posts: 1,544
Default

Originally Posted by mtveten View Post
unfortunately $350 is street price for the 1-cell model. Once other manufactures catch up I would expect the price to drop significantly but I wouldn't expect anyone to do so this season. Based on the info I got from Tekin they are working on an update to shrink the gap but it sounds as though though they don't expect to match it this season.

Mark
It will be close but don't worry. The most comes out of the driver.
And how many people want to spend so much money for a speedo that is in a few months cheaper than it now is and as fast as the speedo's that there are now already and will come with software updates?
I just wait and I believe that Tekin will find the power to close the gap.

Last race I became 4th and before me were 3 SPX drivers and after me was a LRP TC. I was never so close to the podium in time and place.
The nr 2 till 5 were driving the same lap times.
Tekin gave me already a lot of power and I'm very thank full for that and I will keep driving Tekin.
Service and support are the best.
mikky32 is offline  
Old 11-15-2009, 01:49 PM
  #13  
Tech Regular
 
marcel p's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: assen (holland)
Posts: 391
Default

Just put it in profile 5 and set it for lipo.
and gear it very hevy an goooo powerrrrr
only check your temp of the motor not hot ,bigger pinion
more power
marcel p is offline  
Old 11-15-2009, 03:44 PM
  #14  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (28)
 
mtveten's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Posts: 2,720
Trader Rating: 28 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by mikky32 View Post
It will be close but don't worry. The most comes out of the driver.
And how many people want to spend so much money for a speedo that is in a few months cheaper than it now is and as fast as the speedo's that there are now already and will come with software updates?
I just wait and I believe that Tekin will find the power to close the gap.

Last race I became 4th and before me were 3 SPX drivers and after me was a LRP TC. I was never so close to the podium in time and place.
The nr 2 till 5 were driving the same lap times.
Tekin gave me already a lot of power and I'm very thank full for that and I will keep driving Tekin.
Service and support are the best.
Aside from the Tekin they all seem to get cheaper or discontinued in 6 months so I fail to see the difference between the AE & LRP speedos on that front. Regarding your pace comparison between the tekin and SPX speedos on 1-cell, although the spx seems to maybe have a slight advantage over the tekin, from what I have seen its not enough to make any real difference. I have been happy with my Tekin speedos and if they told me in a month or 2 they would be on par with the AE unit I would have stuck with it but with that not being the case I am thankful for the great performance it faster now.

mtv
mtveten is offline  
Old 11-16-2009, 02:36 AM
  #15  
Tech Regular
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Posts: 399
Default street price

In the Uk the Blackdiamond is selling for 234 approx $375 .This is on par with most of the other top of the range Escs .
The LRP spx is 225 $360 ,the Tekin with Hot wire is about the same as is the Gm.
No price yet on the new LRP sxx.So if it makes you happy buy it, if not waste your money on some thing else.
tellan is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Copyright 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.