Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Servo problem

Search this Thread

Old 01-28-2010, 06:27 AM
Tech Rookie

Default Servo problem

I bought tamiya tt-01 set and assembled it. Today i finished it. The problem is, that my steering servo is turning right only 1 teeth. No problem turning left. I allready took the servo out but it makes the same thing when its on table, connected. Radio is acoms Technisport 2.4ghz, servo acoms, receiver acoms. Servo is not broken, i tested another servo. I allready reseted radio settings, and have tested all settings in radio. What could be wrong
Old 01-28-2010, 07:41 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)

your servo arm may not be centered correctly
Old 01-28-2010, 07:52 AM
Tech Rookie

I allready took the whole servo out of that car and placed it on desk. It just doesnt turn right. I have tried all radio settings, includin epa.
Old 01-28-2010, 08:21 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

I wonder if they assembled the servo gears incorrectly. There could be a dead-stop on the heavyest gear that is hitting other gear. You can open the servo and have a look.

When you turn it right, does it make any noise like it is trying hard to get there? Or it just goes 1 "teeth" and stops?
Old 01-28-2010, 09:08 AM
Tech Rookie

Originally Posted by ozvena
I wonder if they assembled the servo gears incorrectly. There could be a dead-stop on the heavyest gear that is hitting other gear. You can open the servo and have a look.

When you turn it right, does it make any noise like it is trying hard to get there? Or it just goes 1 "teeth" and stops?
I have two same servos and both are making the same thing. Servo just stops, no sound, nothing.
Old 01-28-2010, 09:16 AM
Tech Rookie

Could be the receiver but there is no way to test it.
Old 01-28-2010, 09:53 AM
Tech Rookie

Originally Posted by alg7_munif
Could be the receiver but there is no way to test it.
Its either receiver, or switch on the radio, that makes the servo turn right.
I just bought the receiver and radio. Maybe i try sending them back. Is there any way to test the switch on radio without disassembling?
Old 01-28-2010, 10:02 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

I am out of ideas. Before you ship, talk to folks that have it or even call/email the store.

There is a lot of info/people talking about this radio:

http://www.google.com/search?q=acoms...ient=firefox-a
Old 01-28-2010, 10:12 AM
Tech Rookie

Originally Posted by ozvena
I am out of ideas. Before you ship, talk to folks that have it or even call/email the store.
Yes, im talking about the same thing on few other forums. Nobody knows whats wrong with it. Ill call to the shop tomorrow. Thanks for helping . Hope i get this thing settled.

EDIT: Now i know whats wrong... The steering wheel's switch thinks its allways turned right alltought its in neutral position. When i turn the wheel all the way left, the radio says its neutral.

Last edited by Juust0_; 01-28-2010 at 12:54 PM.