Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Schumacher Corner

Search this Thread

Old 02-12-2006, 08:30 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Nothing out of the ordinary. Just follow the instructions, keep your work neat and clean, make sure there's no binds, etc... I'm sure you know all of that. Maybe one thing- as the diff(s) come pre built, double check to see how tight they are and make sure to break them in before you run. Check them again after break in and tighten if needed and after the first couple of runs. Just like any other diff rebuilds I'm sure you normally do. Other than that, the car goes together very easily and you shouldn't have any problems.
Old 02-12-2006, 08:35 PM
Tech Champion

Donny and I raced at OC Circuit today. (Parking lot racing) Everyone struggled for a little bit to get some grip as the track was dustier than normal. Donny and I both made some adjustments and picked up the speed we needed. Donny won (by a lot) and I ended up 4th. I had the lap times, just made a couple mistakes that cost me a lot of time. Overall it was a good day though. Learned more and had fun.
Old 02-12-2006, 10:00 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

hey how do you guys break diffs in??? also is it a must for diff life??
Old 02-13-2006, 03:20 AM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by Sleighty
Had a small problem this week with my EC, rear driveshaft pin had slipped out and snapped. I have greased it all before i put it in the car and threadlocked the grub screw, which i cannot now get out.

Ive had to buy a new pair of driveshafts as a result. I dont want this to happen again, what have i done wrong? Or what else can i do to prevent this.

Its a fast car however i dont want to be putting £30 driveshafts in a car every few weeks.
I've switched to the Ti (Titanium racing) driveshafts that were on my old Mi2, they still look brand new after half a season...so you might wanna pick up a couple of those. They are quite expensive but it's worth it, they will last a lifetime.

I'm guessing the new EC driveshafts are a bit lighter than the Ti ones hence the weakness. Honestly I'm not too impressed with the originals as a lot of pins have broke and even the pin that holds the "blade" in the outdrive went right off.
Old 02-13-2006, 06:45 AM
Tech Addict

congrats Teemu. Yeah let's take a look at that set up.
And the winner for most impressive EC goes to.......Fernando Gordinho. Believe it or not despite where he finished (2nd B main if memory serves me correctly), I think his car looked most impressive as he held off the field for most of his race. The car had MAD rip as he continued to push the car far beyond what I imagined its limit to be. If any of you guys are looking for a strong carpet setup (assuming it’s different than what Paul and Teemu ran), Hit him up.
Old 02-13-2006, 08:40 AM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by aus jd 2703
hey how do you guys break diffs in??? also is it a must for diff life??
After you've built the diff and got the car together, use a little throttle and hold each rear wheel for 15 seconds or so. Then check the tightness and do it again. This way it should be broke in and parts will be seated so that your diff isn't loosening from this on the track. It's still a good idea to check the diff after the first run on the track to make sure it hasn't loosened more.
Old 02-13-2006, 08:48 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

I will try to get my setup posted as well. It's for High Bite and is based off Fernando's setup with a few RCOldMan tricks in there . I watched the video of my race and I was blown away at the way my car looked. I guess it was all driver error
Old 02-13-2006, 09:24 AM
Tech Addict

I will try to get my setup posted as well. It's for High Bite and is based off Fernando's setup with a few RCOldMan tricks in there . I watched the video of my race and I was blown away at the way my car looked. I guess it was all driver error
Damn had i known you were there i would have come over and said hello. The only way i knew which cars where 'ours' were based on the stickers if i could see 'em as they went by. Either way, post your video if you can.
Old 02-13-2006, 09:28 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

We weren't there...LOL we were running at Horsham on the same layout though...just backwards this week . We get the super high bite conditions like you would at the birds.
Old 02-13-2006, 10:07 AM
Tech Addict

Ahhh.
Old 02-13-2006, 12:30 PM
Tech Elite

Checking in, boyz...

Paul and Teemu's cars looked very, very good. Pdub had some tough luck in 19T and probably should've a) been in a higher main b) won his main, but the battle throughout the 19T eXpert 'C' was good nonetheless.

Teemu's car was also super good in mod and I have to say had arguably the most HP in the main. The thing was crazy looking on the backstraight.

The setup changes that Paul and Teemu implemented on their cars really helped the MI-2 to rotate and not drive from the rear of the car as much.

Schreff and I will hopefully have our cars ready for this weekend to do some testing. Looking forward to getting them on the track.
Old 02-13-2006, 01:03 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Jon Williams
Checking in, boyz...

Paul and Teemu's cars looked very, very good. Pdub had some tough luck in 19T and probably should've a) been in a higher main b) won his main, but the battle throughout the 19T eXpert 'C' was good nonetheless.

Teemu's car was also super good in mod and I have to say had arguably the most HP in the main. The thing was crazy looking on the backstraight.

The setup changes that Paul and Teemu implemented on their cars really helped the MI-2 to rotate and not drive from the rear of the car as much.

Schreff and I will hopefully have our cars ready for this weekend to do some testing. Looking forward to getting them on the track.
Hurry up and get that feeling at you finger tips....
Old 02-13-2006, 01:24 PM
Tech Elite

Well, I'm still in sunny Florida, so I can't get my fingers on the car yet. It's still half-built in my office downstairs in snowy New Jersey.

I'm flying in tomorrow and plan on finishing the car then.
Old 02-13-2006, 02:07 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Hey STL,

The setup sheet you posted on Gearchart.Com is blank. Is this my problem or yours?
Old 02-13-2006, 02:37 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Racer X
Hey STL,

The setup sheet you posted on Gearchart.Com is blank. Is this my problem or yours?
Ooopsss ...it's his problem, he has the "cheap version" of acrobat so he can't save the sheet with the info filled in.

...actually I was suppsoed to delete that sheet he called me to lmk his adobe at work was the cheapo versoin that can't save settings ...I got sidetracked though , I'll delete it now, he's gonna upload from home tonight.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.