Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Schumacher Corner

Search this Thread

Old 08-03-2005, 12:11 PM
Tech Regular

Default Teemu car

Hi , i just look at teemus setup and found that he uses 25.1mm and 24.1mm of droop on front and rear.
My question is, how he measured this??
because i think this setting is impossible on my mi2.

Thanks.

Marcelo
Old 08-03-2005, 12:17 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by piorc
Hi , i just look at teemus setup and found that he uses 25.1mm and 24.1mm of droop on front and rear.
My question is, how he measured this??
because i think this setting is impossible on my mi2.

Thanks.

Marcelo
I believe Teemu measures droop from the ground (set-up board) to the tops of the axles.
Old 08-03-2005, 12:31 PM
PW
Tech Elite

Yes, many top racers are now adjusting their droop from the ground (set-up board) to the tops of the axles Make sure you set your "camber" first though Also make sure your chassis is completely flat and doesn't have ANYTHING sticking out of the bottom!!!!

Last edited by PW; 08-03-2005 at 02:03 PM.
Old 08-03-2005, 01:45 PM
Tech Regular

yeah thanks matt.im not runing on big tracks yet as i cant drive lol,i will be planing on going to sneterton wen i can drive tho. i will try that after i race this sunday.
i have put on the setup and changed the stuf we was onabout yestaday, and its 100% better. felt fast. thanks guys bob
Old 08-03-2005, 02:17 PM
Tech Addict

The diff eccentrics would be for belt tension as on the older Boss Cat, not for roll center.
Old 08-03-2005, 02:58 PM
PW
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Mopar
The diff eccentrics would be for belt tension as on the older Boss Cat, not for roll center.
Actually its for belt tension and diff height Raising and lowering the diff changes several things and can really change handling for certian track conditions.
Old 08-03-2005, 08:49 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by PW
Teemu's car at the Euro's was an Mi2 with several things modified for testing and possible upgrades
Do you think that an upgrade is on the cards PW?? Or is this just the early stages of testing for the Mi3???

I personally would like to see an upgrade kit offered, as it looks like the changes would be resonably simple, except for the rear arms mounted wider, that would require a new chassis and make things a bit expensive.

But what would the advantage's of the rear arms mounted wider be? More stable? What else?

Iain
Old 08-04-2005, 06:39 AM
PW
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Iain
Do you think that an upgrade is on the cards PW?? Or is this just the early stages of testing for the Mi3???
Iain
Well you know I couldn't divulge that kind of info if I had it...LOL I will say that the more request they get, the better the chance of it happening
Old 08-04-2005, 08:26 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by PW
Well you know I couldn't divulge that kind of info if I had it...LOL I will say that the more request they get, the better the chance of it happening
Paul,
Tell Robin that I would like to put in a request for the new drivetrain I have a feeling that it works really well
Later
Jim
Old 08-04-2005, 08:37 AM
PW
Tech Elite

Request sent to [email protected]
Old 08-04-2005, 08:48 AM
Tech Regular

Old 08-04-2005, 09:36 AM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by SMcpot
I'm gonna pick up an MI2 pretty soon here. For running on rubber tires/indoor asphalt, could you guys give me a short list of any optional parts I'll need to pick up at the same time?

Sorry if this has been asked a million times before, but what better way to keep the thread near the top?
It's a shame there's no "teemu edition" released.
I want to recommend options worth more than the car itself. :-)
But I guess that wouldn't be too popular, so here are my top rated options:
  • Heavy duty one way
  • Teemu low shock towers
  • 2 degree front C-hubs

And drill a new inner camber-link hole on top and a little to the right of the standard position. That should give you quite a head start.
Old 08-04-2005, 11:26 AM
Tech Addict

i think the heavy duty spool would be ALOT more popular than a oneway if a teemu edition was brought out, it would also be nice to see the new schumacher shocks if there still going to be made by schumacher
Old 08-04-2005, 11:37 AM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 38 (100%+)

For carpet what would be "the" hop ups that you need,Stock/19,rubber tires.What is wrong with the belt system that is on the Mi2 now?? If you like the belt system that teemu was testing you can get one now..It's called a Yokomo BD/415/Xray.. I have no problem with the curent belt system it seems as free if not more than the 415's and Xrays.
Old 08-04-2005, 12:31 PM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by xxxkat
What is wrong with the belt system that is on the Mi2 now?? If you like the belt system that teemu was testing you can get one now..It's called a Yokomo BD/415/Xray.. I have no problem with the curent belt system it seems as free if not more than the 415's and Xrays.
The general thing about belt drive is that you have some flex in the belt, causing a small delay from the point where you hit the power until the car actually does pull away. There are several factors in this matter:
1. The length of the belt.
2. The number of belts.
3. The material in the belt(s).

Using the long front belt causes lots of delay, hence the length and the fact that you have to stretch both belts before you actually get some movement. Also having power come later in the front doesn't bring much stability. The whole car should be become more consistent using the new system, and since no other constructor uses the old long front belt I really doubt it's the way to go.

Another part of it is that it's always better to have as little material/weight as possible spinning in the car. Teemu's rear pulley is like half as wide as the standard one, that itself is also a small improvement.

These things are not a huge development, just a small improvement as I see it.

If it's possible I will try rebuilding my car this way aswell, the tricky part is getting a belt tensioner for the front belt.

Please do correct me if I'm wrong about this, but these are my thoughts about it

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.