Schumacher Corner

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Schumacher Corner

Search this Thread

Old 12-29-2004, 10:12 AM
Tech Apprentice

Mo, just to be sure, on your last carpet set-up that you posted, no shim's under the ball stud on the rear hub?

Thank's...............Hank
Old 12-29-2004, 10:28 AM
mo
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Yep, that's right Hank.
Old 12-29-2004, 10:37 AM
Tech Elite

Originally posted by STLNLST
I was thinking of adding anti squat to the rear but it's 2nd to try on my list. There's one camber change in the rear I'd like to try before I try that. So on the front camber positions you have that hole drilled creating a 3rd row of holes?
yes. try that with anti dive upfront you'll like it!
Old 12-29-2004, 11:33 AM
Tech Addict

hank....you gonna make it out to cary friday nite? i got plans to be there. i doubt i'll get to race but at least i can get my tires trued for goldboro.
Old 12-29-2004, 12:57 PM
Tech Apprentice

Yeah Pete, I'll be at Cary friday, and the Wood on Sat. I'll have my truer too if you need it, it's not as fancy as Mark's, but it work's great, it's not an automatic.
See ya............Hank

P.S. We'll have the mission with us Friday night too if you want to check out the set-up. Prob. run it at Cary.
Old 12-29-2004, 04:36 PM
Tech Addict

Hey guys i have a couple questions of my own. I noticed that when i'm driving my mi2 if i stay on the throttle without overpowering the car it takes the corner very tightly which is great. HOwever in instances where i have to let off the throttle before entering, the car pushes from the middle to the exiting part of the corner. What could i do to get a little more off power steering? And if i do so does that take away from my on power steering?

BTW. WHere are you guys racing this Friday? I havent raced in about 3 weeks and i need a fix.
Old 12-29-2004, 04:52 PM
Tech Adept

Default Anti-squat/Anti-dive

In the manual it says that you can add a max of 1.6mm of dive or squat. I assume that the max is 2.6 without the risers?

What are the recommended settings?
Old 12-29-2004, 05:00 PM
Tech Adept

IslandBwoy:

I had the same problem with the middle to exit push and I fixed it by using 6 degree casters up front. You can also try slightly stiffer springs up front or less front droop.

You will have to play because some will depend on your driving style/track/tires
Old 12-29-2004, 05:43 PM
Tech Adept

Default New Ti Shock Mounts

I just installed the new Ti Shock Mounts. Given all the experimenting I have been doing, these one piece mounts are much easier to work with. I like them very much.

In the future, I am not sure they need to be Ti. While aluminum on aluminum is bad, in this particular application as long as they are both anodized, they would be fine. A flanged nut may also work and would eliminate the need for the 2mm take off spacer.

Other than that, the new mounts make maintenance and tuning much easier and quicker! Great stuff -- hope they show up in a future kit!

Caster Blocks
In the future it would be nice if they molded the degrees on the castor block or if like on the XXX-S they are simply painted with the number. In more than one occasion I have mixed the two. I finally got a silver sharpie and marked them but it would be a nice future upgrade

Last edited by LeadFoot; 12-29-2004 at 05:54 PM.
Old 12-29-2004, 06:14 PM
Tech Addict

I had the same problem with the middle to exit push and I fixed it by using 6 degree casters up front. You can also try slightly stiffer springs up front or less front droop.

You will have to play because some will depend on your driving style/track/tires
Thanks, ill try your suggestions in the order you listed them.
Old 12-29-2004, 09:23 PM
Tech Regular

Islandbwoy- I am a little confused with your question. You wrote "letting off into a corner", your car "pushes in the middle and exit of the corner" ( I assume you are letting the car coast all the way through the corner then?). Usually in the middle and exiting a corner you should be on the throttle (I know this sounds silly, but it is important). It is important because it will tell you which end of the car you should messing with first. If the car has an ON power push, you should be adjusting the REAR of the car first, because this is where your weight is transfered and adjustments there will make the greatest difference. Vice versa on the entry to a corner adjust the front of the car, untill you exhaust all reasonable adjustments, then go to the rear end. If you have an off power push you need to figure out "where" your setup is, and then go from there.
Bottom line- no one can tell you exacly what to do unless they know your setup, and have run it on the track, the day you need the adjustment to be made. What EXACTLY is your current setup (remember even the most minute detail can make a world of difference), and maybe I can make a few suggestions.-Jeff
Old 12-30-2004, 10:04 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default front and rear spacers

what will my car do different if i take out the spacers under both diffs.what will happen if i take only the one out.?

how can i get more sterrin out of my rubber stock. i have stock springs and the lower shock towers. it has enough turning but the cvds bind so i have to turn the steering rate down because the wheels are turning to far. so how can i get more steerind out of my set up by moving things.
Old 12-30-2004, 10:30 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

T4 - Removing the riser plates lower the cars roll center. We have been removing the front riser are replacing it with 1mm shims. However we are not doing that any more. We are leaving both risers in place, reducing the caster and softening up the suspension. This will give you all the turn in you can handle. It turns in nice and hard with a 7x1...it should be OK with a 19T or Stock motor

Complete setup attached:

This setup is for CS22GL's on asphalt on a overcast 40deg day. CS27GL's would be used in warmer temps.
Attached Thumbnails Schumacher Corner-adrian%5Cs-speedline-setup-small.jpg  

Last edited by AdrianM; 12-30-2004 at 10:37 AM.
Old 12-30-2004, 11:08 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Ben... stop over at the house... I have a complete set of springs you can have. Hard to tune with only the kit springs
Old 12-30-2004, 11:49 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Smile thanks jim

thanks for the springs. i needed them well ill hopefully see you at the novak

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.