R/C Tech Forums

R/C Tech Forums (https://www.rctech.net/forum/)
-   Electric On-Road (https://www.rctech.net/forum/electric-road-2/)
-   -   Schumacher Corner (https://www.rctech.net/forum/electric-road/36-schumacher-corner.html)

axisman 08-30-2001 09:35 AM

thanks adrian; and hello all, nice to have a sit like this to go to. racerx, i talked to at the nats(guy with dry ice) about set-up is there a e-mail adress i can talk to you? cornerspeed, are you going to the race in poway in sept. pleas let me know.

AE_Racer 08-30-2001 12:17 PM

like I said, I need an AE spring close to that...I can get parts for the car from other racers, but the shop only carries AE springs..

wolfeman09 08-30-2001 02:26 PM

Take Off Tires

To all you schumacher fans out there.

WHERE THE HELL IS THE WEBSITE FOR THE TAKE OFF TIRES?

I dont mean to shout, but there is no mention of them at on the schumacher home page. This is very frusterating trying to get info on a tire that does not exisit on the home page when Schumacher is the distributor of the tires.

Thanks in advance.......

Kevin K 08-30-2001 04:30 PM

Ae_Racer....I belive that the Schumacher Blue is a 15lb spring...something close to that is Green Associated 12.5lbs and Silver or Gold are the next two up but not sure on the weight of each one. I run the associated springs on my car and outside I ran Green in the rear and Silvers in the front or Greens all the way around. It depends on how much traction you get at your track, you may need to run stiffer springs when it gets hotter. Associated Blues are 17.5 lbs. they maybe the ticket for Corys setup just try a couple in that rangedont go over the 25 lbs. rating I feel that that high of spring rate is too high for most club racing unless you have massive grip at your track.

AE_Racer 08-30-2001 05:37 PM

well I run AE red on my YM34 so..

AE_Racer 08-30-2001 06:09 PM

also, we run at night (7pm-to about-12pm)..The track is almost like concrete, very smooth surface, just a little uneven in places..We run turn 3 and 4 of the oval(oval surrounds infield), and we turn in on backstretch...right now im runnning 120/44 on my YM34..I run a Axiom tuned P2K, will run a V6, 2000-3000s, and a S3003 servo for now..as soon as I stop buying cars ill get a good servo :)

AE_Racer 08-30-2001 06:11 PM

oh, and its usually around 85F outside, dunno what the track temp is..im running either CS27s or CS32s..got them used, but actually new...they were just put together and I didnt ask what compound..guy just said they worked there and sold em for $20, on Pro-Line Wabash rims, I think that was good :)

Stinj 08-31-2001 05:34 AM

Thanks Corey Bernardo

But what about the things like center ABS, then oneway diff up front? Aren't those things you need when participating in a National Championship??? (I am thinking of participating in the National 17turn-championship, so any little speed advantage can help)

Corey Bernardo 08-31-2001 07:35 AM

Like I said, running one-way deals is totally ur call, but no you dont have to run them to compete at the nats. lol

Stinj 08-31-2001 08:09 AM

What I mean is; when racing 17turns, a lot of tracks are "large".
And from my experience with the HPI PRO, the one-way pulley got me around larger tracks a full second quicker...
I know I don't have to run them and that it's up to me, but I would like to be in front, you know :).
Say, didn't you used to run a Corally?
If you did, can you compare the two, in ways of finding a good setup, laptimes, quality,.... you know.

Thanks for your help, man.

Corey Bernardo 08-31-2001 10:07 AM

Na I never ran a Corally, I ran for Kawada. lol . Yea i know what you mean now dude, about the one-way thing! Yea go ahead and put the front one-way diff right in. SHould have faster straightline speeds, like you stated.

markg 08-31-2001 04:02 PM

Hey Guys...good to see you all again...

Hope some of you who are lucky enough to attend the big show will come back with some reports about the cool stuff you saw...

Racer_X is famous now that he got his pic in a major zine..lol Probably won't talk to us little people any more..

C-ya

Racer X 08-31-2001 04:22 PM

Sorry its been afew days since I could get on (Netscape browser wouldn't load the page).

Sir Speedy: Yes, thats track temp in degrees

Stinj: What Corey said, but I would get both one ways and the threaded shocks. Other than that, the kit is great (and very bulletproof). My setup is further down the page, I run the diff one way and sometimes the center one as well.

Axisman: Hi! You can email me at [email protected] anytime.

MarkG: Which mag is my pretty face in now? (lol). I didn't grant rights for my image to be published...where's my lawyer!

cornerspeed 09-04-2001 11:48 AM

axisman- Sorry for late reply. Was lost without rctouring. Just found out what is going on. And was on vacation. I will be at poway for thier next several races up coming. The fall classic is also in 2 weeks. Have you signed up.

johnbull 09-04-2001 12:20 PM

Attention: Paul Wynn.

Hi Paul.

This is Joe from Malta. We met at the Worlds in 98. My son Josh ran a Schumacher and we pitted opposite you.

Someone told me you post on this thread so I'm just getting in to say Hi. We Malta guys post on our own Malta Racers thread further down in the club threads, but I also post plenty in the MR4 thread as I have been racing one for a couple of years.

Josh doesn't do much racing nowadays though he last ran a TC3 and still has it. in fact i am trying to persuade him to do next Sunday's meeting.

He sends his regards. What are you doing with yourself these days?

Regards

Joe Anastasi - from sunny Malta.