Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Schumacher Corner

Search this Thread

Old 07-28-2004, 06:55 AM
PW
Tech Elite

SAT...Teemu used AE rear hubs and graphite Schumacher arms/castor blocks on the front.
Old 07-28-2004, 07:15 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

Hey Paul!

What chassis are you currently running? I have seen a bunch of different chassis lately on different team cars. One particular is the 2.5mm with adjustable battery tray. Is that available?
Old 07-28-2004, 07:27 AM
PW
Tech Elite

racenut....I'm running the 2.5mm version of the stock chassis. This 2.5mm chassis was the test chassis for the now final "Teemu Chassis" (U2782).
Old 07-28-2004, 08:38 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

sorry to post this question but i figured out you guys may also have the schumacher menace 21... would anyone know if the tires of pro-line fit the car i mean with the hub adaptor for the rims? thanks!
Old 07-28-2004, 09:22 AM
PW
Tech Elite

Any 2.2 "tire" will fit the Menace wheels.

If you have the 12mm wheel-hex adaptors (U2401) then you can use the HPI MT wheels from HPI. As for other 12mm hexed wheels, it whould be a trial & error process. I know the axle depth is limited when using the hex adaptors and the traxass "rustler" wheels don't work.
Old 07-28-2004, 10:25 AM
The Evicerator

P DUB! Master of the MENACE!
Old 07-28-2004, 06:25 PM
Tech Rookie

Default Woops

I got my Mi2 kit yesterday and encountered a problem when assembling the shocks. One of the "threaded aluminum shock bodies" was missing the threads. As you may assume, assembling all the shocks became rather difficult.
Old 07-28-2004, 08:54 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Call us tomorrow...we will get a new body out to you right away.
Old 07-28-2004, 09:16 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)

been trying a bunch of settings on my car.
slowly getting better.
But, the one thing I can't seem to overcome is the back end of the car breaking loose under hard accelaration coming out of hairpin corners. It really gets all out of shape.
Only with a modified motor in the 10 turn range mind you.

any ideas??
Old 07-28-2004, 09:49 PM
Tech Champion

Originally posted by stulec52
been trying a bunch of settings on my car.
slowly getting better.
But, the one thing I can't seem to overcome is the back end of the car breaking loose under hard accelaration coming out of hairpin corners. It really gets all out of shape.
Only with a modified motor in the 10 turn range mind you.

any ideas??
What body are you running? My rear end was doing the same thing and I changed my set up soooooo many times and then I switched bodies and found some rear end traction with the first version of the stratus (before the 2.0) and the Losi alpha. My problems were with the Mazda 6 body.
Old 07-29-2004, 01:09 AM
Tech Rookie

Adrian: Thanks for the swift response. As I posted earlier, the primary reason I chose the Mi2 was because of the support you guys give, and you haven't dissapointed. I'll give you guys a call in the morning.

Just out of curiosity, how does areodynamics come into play in this situation. I would think that at such slow speeds (such as coming out of a hairpin) the body styling would be a non issue. My other question is, why is it that the stratus style is so popular for racing? In 1:1 racing, Porsche, Audi, Viper, etc... are supreme. I know I'm taking the whole scale thing too literally, but I'm just looking to learn about this rather than just pretending to understand and scratching my head.

An interesting thing happened today when I went to get a 5.5mm socket and some bearing oil. The guy looked at me with a blank stare and told me that they don't sell those items. I asked him how people are expected to put kits together without tools. He told me that they expected the tools to either be in the kit or to be around the house. I looked back with an equally blank stare. Off to Home Depot in the morning then.
Old 07-29-2004, 08:00 AM
mo
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

stulec52, how much rear toe are you running and how is the car coming into the corner? If you are running 1.5 rear toe, go to 3 and that should help a bunch. If the car has plenty of traction coming into the corner, try shortening the rear camber link. This will make the car a little freer coming in but should also give you more forward traction. You can also try adding a rear sway bar if you aren't running it already or adding some anit-squat.

ThaFlash_LA, the stratus is so popular because is the probably the most neutral handling body out there. It has descent steering and good stability. For more steering you can change to the Mazda or for even more, the Alpha. I have recently tried the new Protoform Cadillac CTS and it has just about as much steering as the Mazda but a little more stable and it is actually raced in the touring car series in the US.
Old 07-29-2004, 08:47 AM
Tech Elite

flash some full scale bodies dont work well when reduced down tour scale. in full scale the wieght of the car helps pluss driver in put(seat of the pants feel ) make it easier to setup the car pluss its a different level altogether.
On the smaller scale its multiplied by x amount because scale speed and forces are greater.

STNLST get a schumacher set up sheet fill it out and post it here with your set up to see what you have. we can keep giving you advice and wont be any good you will 1000 different answers.

base on a conversation I had with Adrian M. from schumacher how may runs do you have on the tires your are racing with?
Old 07-29-2004, 08:49 AM
Tech Master

Originally posted by PW
racenut....I'm running the 2.5mm version of the stock chassis. This 2.5mm chassis was the test chassis for the now final "Teemu Chassis" (U2782).
Paul,
I thought you were running the P-Dub chassis. What are your thoughts on the new 2.5 mm chassis v.s the P-DUB chassis. I run on a tight carpet track with foam tires.
Thanks
Joe
Old 07-29-2004, 11:06 AM
Tech Elite

By far my favorite body has been the Nemesis. Very Stratus 2 like but with a taller wing. Very Stable.

Stlnlst, are you still running a oneway setup?

koabich, the P-dub chassis is the ticket for foam tire racing if your looking for a very stiff chassis. I run mine on asphalt right now with the stock 2 mm topdeck. Anyways, I would imagine the Teemu chassis is pretty stiff,but more suited for asphalt.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.