Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Schumacher Corner

Search this Thread

Old 09-19-2002, 07:44 AM
Tech Regular

Originally posted by Mopar
Fireblade , with Associated springs I turn the threaded collars over to make them work. I origanally switch over because the car sat too high with the collars rubbing the mounting screws for the shocks. Now with the shorter springs the collars are centered on the shock body. I do use the thin plastic centering spacer though.
Yea, your using the threaded shocks. Iam too cheap to buy em LOL! With the threaded shocks u can adjust it in a breeze. Its a real bitch with the clips setting ride height.
Old 09-19-2002, 08:55 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

King-G---- it's not really steel part of the spring, it's the plastic/paint coating on the spring, you know at the ends where the coils meet, and the paint actually joints the 2 coils.... well on one of my springs there was a large glob of paint between the 2 coils...... 2 minutes with a hobby knifa and the excess was gone.

Now I will take all my springs to the wire wheel and just remove the paint from all the ends.
Old 09-19-2002, 09:58 AM
Tech Adept

Thumbs up Mission Pro for Sale!

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...769010510&rd=1
Old 09-19-2002, 04:10 PM
Tech Fanatic

yeah I know that Impact, but a few of mine were considerably out, and i had to flatten the top coils slightly with a dremel, as they do on associated springs. This also allows the spring to seat better, and more consistently.

I get my RW pulleys tonight, looking forward to it.
Old 09-19-2002, 07:09 PM
Tech Rookie

Crah,

Why are you selling the Mission, what other cars do you own. I'm thinking about switching to Mission from Losi any comments
Old 09-19-2002, 07:12 PM
Tech Regular

Any commets?????? lol, dude, buy the mission, best thing ever since the air conditioner man!!
Old 09-19-2002, 07:15 PM
Tech Addict

where can I order some of those derlin diffs? and do they have them for the one way?

Thanks
Old 09-19-2002, 07:18 PM
Tech Rookie

The problem I have is that on asphalt the losi can hang with the Mission, but carpet could be another story.

What did you run on carpet in Stockton last year
Old 09-19-2002, 07:40 PM
Tech Regular

Never ran on carpet, yea the losi can but, the shuie is faster. Losi is only good when you put $$$ into it. A stock shumacher Rox out of the box
Old 09-19-2002, 09:54 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

Originally posted by fireblade
Never ran on carpet, yea the losi can but, the shuie is faster. Losi is only good when you put $$$ into it. A stock shumacher Rox out of the box
Try a Losi set up before you judge.
Old 09-20-2002, 02:57 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

I own both and I race both..... so I can say without a doubt.....

The losi is more fragile

The losi is WAY heavier in stock trim

The losi is fast, but the mission is easier to control fast

Out of the box the Losi can be competetive, but only if our skills are up to it, The Mission..... Build it, race it, win with it....
I race the Losi on unprepared asphalt tracks where I have a chance to get rocks in the belts

BUT over-all I think the losi and Mission feel a good bit alike.... that is the reason I kept the Losi instead of my FT TC3......
Old 09-20-2002, 04:39 AM
Tech Champion

Originally posted by IMPACTPLAYR
I own both and I race both..... so I can say without a doubt.....

The losi is more fragile

The losi is WAY heavier in stock trim

The losi is fast, but the mission is easier to control fast

Out of the box the Losi can be competetive, but only if our skills are up to it, The Mission..... Build it, race it, win with it....
I race the Losi on unprepared asphalt tracks where I have a chance to get rocks in the belts

BUT over-all I think the losi and Mission feel a good bit alike.... that is the reason I kept the Losi instead of my FT TC3......
I agree with everything you said. My point is that too many novice racers think that you have to have every hop up in order to make the Losi fast. I have run mine bone stock and have been fast with it. Racers are replacing track time with hop up's. If the car comes with graphite this and that it will put me in the A-main. The Mission is lighter and a monster on the track but without track time it's just another car.
Old 09-20-2002, 07:29 AM
Tech Regular

For some reason my losi turned wide, I tried everything. Shocks mounts. tires,camber,toe, almost everything i can think of. Thats when i kinda started loosin hope in the losi (sorry clint). But i have one thing to say, The losi is about the ezist car to drive, the mission you have to be all over the steering wheel. The losi just kinda glides through things. I like being all over the steering wheel,Different cars,setups,etc. vary on the persons driving style. The mission isnt better or worse than the losi, its just made for a different style of driving. If you ever noticed clint, when iam racing, on the straingtaway my car moves back and forth. Iam always on the steering wheel. Anywho, thats my thought on that.
lata
Old 09-20-2002, 07:47 AM
Tech Addict

My losi felt fast but was not very consittant, my mission is. Maybe its the smoth as butter diffs are the drivetrain. ANyway Ilove my mission and plane to race it a long time till I get money for something new
Old 09-20-2002, 01:54 PM
Tech Champion

Originally posted by teamAE
My losi felt fast but was not very consittant, my mission is. Maybe its the smoth as butter diffs are the drivetrain. ANyway Ilove my mission and plane to race it a long time till I get money for something new
Soooooo if you had the funds the mission would be no more huh

fireblade- swerving down the straight isn't a good thing. Maybe you should turn your dual rate down a little. If you have that much steering that your car isn't tracking straight I would look at two things.

1) dual rate
2) servo....especially if it's a hitec.....LOL

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.