Wiki Posts
Search

Schumacher Corner

Search this Thread

Old 03-24-2008, 07:48 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 23 (100%+)

Hello all Schuie drivers....

I am working right now with Larry at Team Tamale to make us some trick custom parts to make our car beefier. Have you ever bent a camber link mount? How about some hinge pins? Well, with our fearless Yoda Goetz designing the parts, Tamale making them, our car will be that much stronger…..

I will get some pics of what we will be making, but basically I will be selling a “suspension upgrade kit” that will consist of
- front and rear camber link mounts, (replacing U3133)
- 4 hinge pins (replacing U3142)
- front and rear alloy blocks (replacing U3129,U3130) .
- HPI balls, and ball cups for camber link mounts.

I will also be anodizing them – not sure on color, but I was thinking black or our traditional purple.

Cost will be anywhere from $75-100. It will all depend on how many preorders I get, and what the cost of anodizing will come out to.

I will get pics out shortly, but let me know your thoughts/feedback.

McGoo
Old 03-24-2008, 07:55 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

man, I can't wait. just ordered a pair of the U3133.
Old 03-24-2008, 07:59 AM
Tech Elite

Result of racing in snowy conditions

This shot was taken on the pit table this morning after some of it had come off.

The car weighed 2300g when it first came off the track.

Only waterproofing was duct tape around the receiver etc.

Skiddins

Old 03-24-2008, 08:03 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

motor temp, -10 degrees? hehehe
Old 03-24-2008, 01:00 PM
Tech Initiate

Ha ha, Damo you legend!! Where was this, West London? Couple of months and we'll be !

How much lead have you had to use to bring your car up to weight? I notice you're running brushed in the pic, but with a 10.5 and hooking BL speedo I guess it won't need so much. Don't have any of my kit yet (I've left it a bit late lol), but could do with sourcing a weight balancing solution other than sticking lead to the side! Like the look of some of these CNC stainless ideas whereby it fills out the actual cell slots, although we don't have that much room with the CORE RC lipo from what I've seen.
Old 03-24-2008, 02:10 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Andrew Twigger
Ha ha, Damo you legend!! Where was this, West London? Couple of months and we'll be !

How much lead have you had to use to bring your car up to weight? I notice you're running brushed in the pic, but with a 10.5 and hooking BL speedo I guess it won't need so much. Don't have any of my kit yet (I've left it a bit late lol), but could do with sourcing a weight balancing solution other than sticking lead to the side! Like the look of some of these CNC stainless ideas whereby it fills out the actual cell slots, although we don't have that much room with the CORE RC lipo from what I've seen.
Hi Andrew

I have some thin Nexus Racing lead in the cell slots (attached to the Lipo) which weigh about 55g, I then have another 60g in heatshrink attaced to the side of the Lipo, you can just about make it out, it's on the outside of the chassis.
I then added 10g to the front and rear of the chassisto finish the job off. THat was using the Nosram ISTC speedo and a 10.5 motor.

Another guy at WLRC used 5g Fe (Iron) weights which look just like lead, they stick out the bottom of the chassis very slightly, but being iron are very difficult to damage.
the rest he put on the side of his Lipo like me, and said the handling seemed fine.

The advantage of the Mi3 is that it doesn't seem to need as much lead as most others.
Old 03-24-2008, 02:24 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Skiddins
Result of racing in snowy conditions

This shot was taken on the pit table this morning after some of it had come off.

The car weighed 2300g when it first came off the track.

Only waterproofing was duct tape around the receiver etc.

Skiddins

I can't imagine doing that to a race car. I get annoyed if there's too much tire dust on it. How did the belts hold up to being surrounded by ice like that?
Old 03-24-2008, 02:54 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Jon Kerr
I can't imagine doing that to a race car. I get annoyed if there's too much tire dust on it. How did the belts hold up to being surrounded by ice like that?
Tyre dust! we have to wait about 2 months in the UK before we get to see any of that!

Everything looks fine, belts look exactly as they did before.
Transmission is still pretty free as well, diff requires a rebuild, but it did before today, all in all, no problems.

Skiddins
Old 03-24-2008, 02:56 PM
Super Moderator

Trader Rating: 239 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Jon Kerr
forget how the belts held up! how did the car drive in the ice/snow??
Old 03-24-2008, 03:39 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 49 (100%+)

miniature schumacher snow chains!
Old 03-24-2008, 03:50 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Marcos.J
forget how the belts held up! how did the car drive in the ice/snow??
You know those cheap crappy 'drift' cars with plastic wheels, round the corners it was like that.

Well, like this......only worse!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WaCAYqQ5srY
Old 03-25-2008, 06:47 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 23 (100%+)

a few folks have asked for pics of the camber mounts and pivot blocks....

Here is the CAD capture. I will get pics of the actual camber mounts later today. I don't have any pivot blocks in my possession, so the CAD capture is all i have...

It looks like I have around 17 pre-orders for the "suspension upgrade kit" right now. I will be placing my order with Larry here in the next few days. I am not sure when he will be able to make some more for us, so if you are considering it, I can say it will be well worth the money....

Pricing again will be around $75-100 USD, probably closer to the $100 mark according to Larry.
Old 03-25-2008, 09:01 AM
Super Moderator

I want to thanks Shawn Palmer and Adam Bailey for the opportunity to be part of the Schumacher Team, in the past I've been known to change cars like some people change their underwear, but I was able to realize what car works best
Old 03-25-2008, 09:10 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 74 (100%+)
Default wow wow wow

Originally Posted by Marcos.J
I want to thanks Shawn Palmer and Adam Bailey for the opportunity to be part of the Schumacher Team, in the past I've been known to change cars like some people change their underwear, but I was able to realize what car works best
wow U r going to stay in 1 car ...con grats! welcome to the team
Old 03-25-2008, 09:17 AM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by Customworksking
wow U r going to stay in 1 car ...con grats! welcome to the team
Yes !! shocking as it may seem

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.