Wiki Posts
Search

Ask Paul Lemieux, RC America/MOTIV/Gravity RC

Search this Thread

Old 10-28-2010, 11:45 AM
Gravity RC

Originally Posted by al dente
paul, just one more quick question....

will you marry me and bare our child of forbidden love.......raising him in the ways of the on road jedi, teaching him to harness the power of the force and channel it to his driving like you do?

LOL, we tried that already. the goonies. Baaabyruth. NO
Old 10-28-2010, 05:51 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 25 (100%+)
Default T3 2011

Paul, what shock pistons do you use on your t3 2011? Also what weight oil and shock rebound are you using? What about droop for front and rear?

Do you have any other tips or tricks for the t3 2011?
Old 10-29-2010, 03:14 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

hi paul,

can you tell me a few powerful changes that you would make to the rear so it would stick solid and not step out.cheers
Old 10-29-2010, 03:40 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 45 (100%+)

Hi Paul,
I'm a newbie. I own a T3 2010 and it drives very well. Will I benefit by getting a new T3 2011? Will I be a better driver with a 2011?
Old 10-29-2010, 08:47 AM
Gravity RC

Originally Posted by jgraham37128
Paul, what shock pistons do you use on your t3 2011? Also what weight oil and shock rebound are you using? What about droop for front and rear?

Do you have any other tips or tricks for the t3 2011?
Here is my suggested starting set up for the 2011 car. I am still working on some things with it BC i have not totally figured it out yet. Thanks

http://forum.teamxray.com/xform/inde...&setup=t3_2011

Originally Posted by P.I.M.P
hi paul,

can you tell me a few powerful changes that you would make to the rear so it would stick solid and not step out.cheers
With the 09 car ackermann (notches short), wheel base ( full short front and full long rear) and static camber (up to 3deg rear and down to 1deg front) were the most powerfull things for me.
with the 2011 car the wheelbase definately is still a powerfull adjustment along with the camber, i am still feeling out the new steering to tell how big the difference is with it. also it is pretty normal now to only sauce 3/4ths of the front tire to take some of the edge away at the begining of the run. i noticed Hara and many others doing that in vegas and other races. also i have been running the +75 hexes in the front and that really made the car drive with better feel and consistency.

Originally Posted by Buggy Man
Hi Paul,
I'm a newbie. I own a T3 2010 and it drives very well. Will I benefit by getting a new T3 2011? Will I be a better driver with a 2011?
Thats a hard question, i do feel like the dual bell crank system is the better design and the new shock bladders are better. the chassis and top deck are nice with the optional stand offs also. so the potential is their with the new car. all that said i still hit pleanty of boards though. LOL
Old 10-29-2010, 09:12 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Paul L
Here is my suggested starting set up for the 2011 car. I am still working on some things with it BC i have not totally figured it out yet. Thanks

Is that 3.5 degree rear toe per side?

Everything else looks pretty close to "normal" setup things I did with my FK'05's, but I never could get a feel I liked running more than 1.5-2 degrees of rear toe per side.

Maybe I'm missing something, what do you gain by running more rear toe?

I always felt like more rear toe made mid-corner steering twitchy, and exit steering nearly non-existent. Running less rear toe always helped rotation, with maybe a touch of over-steer on exit.

Still waiting on my T3'11, so I have lots of time to think and wonder
Old 10-29-2010, 10:49 AM
Tech Fanatic

Hay Paul: Have you settled on a motor sponsor for 2011 or are you still a free agent and using your trinity motors? also any plans of getting into oval racing now that not only the 'birds,but now the Cleveland indoor race as well will have oval. Thanks for the info
Old 10-29-2010, 01:05 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Have you been able to go faster than a thirteen twooooooo yet?
Old 10-29-2010, 02:28 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 25 (100%+)

With the 09 car ackermann (notches short), wheel base ( full short front and full long rear) and static camber (up to 3deg rear and down to 1deg front) were the most powerfull things for me.
with the 2011 car the wheelbase definately is still a powerfull adjustment along with the camber, i am still feeling out the new steering to tell how big the difference is with it. also it is pretty normal now to only sauce 3/4ths of the front tire to take some of the edge away at the begining of the run. i noticed Hara and many others doing that in vegas and other races. also i have been running the +75 hexes in the front and that really made the car drive with better feel and consistency.

Thats a hard question, i do feel like the dual bell crank system is the better design and the new shock bladders are better. the chassis and top deck are nice with the optional stand offs also. so the potential is their with the new car. all that said i still hit pleanty of boards though. LOL

Paul, what do you have your down stops/ droop at? Th set up sheet is blank for down stops?
Old 10-29-2010, 02:46 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Paul, what do you have your down stops/ droop at? Th set up sheet is blank for down stops?
Look in the notes section on the set-up sheet
Old 10-29-2010, 02:56 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 46 (100%+)

all that said i still hit pleanty of boards though. LOL[/QUOTE]

Jake just got me to try that "don't hit the boards" adjustment in our last race. I have to admit, that one thing alone, does work better than I thought it would.

-a
Old 10-30-2010, 04:47 AM
Tech Regular

Default H1 H2 Roll centre question

I have just bought a pair of the H1 H2 roll centres for my T2 009, I have fitted them to the front of my car. I currently run a 1mm shim on top of the front c hubs, Do I need to put a thicker shim on the C hubs or leave as they are ???
Old 11-01-2010, 09:23 AM
Gravity RC

Originally Posted by HarryLeach
Is that 3.5 degree rear toe per side?

Everything else looks pretty close to "normal" setup things I did with my FK'05's, but I never could get a feel I liked running more than 1.5-2 degrees of rear toe per side.

Maybe I'm missing something, what do you gain by running more rear toe?

I always felt like more rear toe made mid-corner steering twitchy, and exit steering nearly non-existent. Running less rear toe always helped rotation, with maybe a touch of over-steer on exit.

Still waiting on my T3'11, so I have lots of time to think and wonder
Hi, yea you are kinda right on the toe. i feel like the new car does a great job of getting in to the corner and threw the center but needs a little extra help coming off, if you dont like running all that toe i would suggest standing up the rear shocks 1 or 2 holes and running 2 or 2.5deg toe.

Originally Posted by b-man777
Hay Paul: Have you settled on a motor sponsor for 2011 or are you still a free agent and using your trinity motors? also any plans of getting into oval racing now that not only the 'birds,but now the Cleveland indoor race as well will have oval. Thanks for the info
Next year i plan on running Thunderpower motors, I race TP batterys now so it only makes sence for me to help them with the motors.

Originally Posted by Xpress
Have you been able to go faster than a thirteen twooooooo yet?
a 13.2 is the fastest lap that exists lol.

For the new car i have been using a bit less, like 2-2.5mms uptravel front and rear.

Originally Posted by jammincrtjames
Look in the notes section on the set-up sheet
Thanks.

Originally Posted by oldrcr
all that said i still hit pleanty of boards though. LOL
Jake just got me to try that "don't hit the boards" adjustment in our last race. I have to admit, that one thing alone, does work better than I thought it would.

-a[/QUOTE]

Its called practice. and i need more too.

Originally Posted by FLAT OUT
I have just bought a pair of the H1 H2 roll centres for my T2 009, I have fitted them to the front of my car. I currently run a 1mm shim on top of the front c hubs, Do I need to put a thicker shim on the C hubs or leave as they are ???
What roll center are you running and what location is it in on the tower?
Thanks.
Old 11-01-2010, 12:25 PM
Tech Master

Hi, yea you are kinda right on the toe. i feel like the new car does a great job of getting in to the corner and threw the center but needs a little extra help coming off, if you dont like running all that toe i would suggest standing up the rear shocks 1 or 2 holes and running 2 or 2.5deg toe.
Always more than one way to skin a cat, thanks for the feedback.
Old 11-02-2010, 01:28 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

Hi Paul,

Do you have any setups for T3 EU Rubber on Asphalt (Hot climate areas like Thailand) ? How would you change the setup as the track temperature rises and falls?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.