Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Ask Mike Blackstock

Search this Thread

Old 03-16-2004, 06:03 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

STLNLST.. For carpet racing i use a diff. For big wide open outdoor tracks i use a one-way. For tight hard tracks i usually will run a spool... I do not think the spools are harder to drive then a one-way. My opinion with the car setup the spool is much easier .....

trackdesigner71. IF associated wanted me to come then i would go. But that all depends on other races and schedule.. I have a 2 yr old i stay at home with so time my time is golden...

RAY... Awesome news.. Let me know if there is anything i can do for you....

Brandon Melton. I use the long neck one... Right now i am running my Cleveland setup . No adjustments just yet.. Remember this is the same carpet as the champs used... If i find anything out i will post it on here... Glad you liked it. Seems to be a good baseline for most people then they can adjust from there..

Mike
Old 03-16-2004, 07:00 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

Mike- Is there one of your spool set up's anywhere on the net? How much different is it from your oneway set up? Thanks again for your help.
Old 03-16-2004, 07:44 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)
Default Spool

I just want to share, with the indulgence of MikeB:

I use an associated spool for the TC3 and the car handles great with a LOSI 6degree C-hubs!!!! Great turn in and exit! Plus the loads of on power steering! Well this is what I experienced.

Plus the set-ups that Mike Blackstock posted, helped me to get the 1st in B-main!! (i usually finish last!)
Thanks MIKE!!!!!!!!

Peace and Happy Racing!

Lem
Old 03-16-2004, 08:10 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Originally posted by Mike Blackstock
STLNLST.. For carpet racing i use a diff. For big wide open outdoor tracks i use a one-way. For tight hard tracks i usually will run a spool... I do not think the spools are harder to drive then a one-way. My opinion with the car setup the spool is much easier .....

trackdesigner71. IF associated wanted me to come then i would go. But that all depends on other races and schedule.. I have a 2 yr old i stay at home with so time my time is golden...

RAY... Awesome news.. Let me know if there is anything i can do for you....

Brandon Melton. I use the long neck one... Right now i am running my Cleveland setup . No adjustments just yet.. Remember this is the same carpet as the champs used... If i find anything out i will post it on here... Glad you liked it. Seems to be a good baseline for most people then they can adjust from there..

Mike
Yeah, Ive seen him. he looks just like you. There is plenty of stuff for you guys to do during your off time and I will make sure that you get lots of off time so that you can be with your family. I understand in a way what its like to be away from the people that are most important to you.
Old 03-16-2004, 08:23 AM

Mike,
Did you use the AE front steering hubs for your cleveland setup or Losi?
Old 03-16-2004, 09:06 AM
Tech Addict

STLNLST.. Here is a setup we used at the onroad nat's in colorado with a spool....

http://www.rczone.net/files/associat...ker_mhor02.pdf

you might have to create a user to get it. But it is a good starting point for the spool. Barry kicked everyone's but with it. I ran 6th or 7th with it ...

trackdesigner71.. Thanks.. Hopefully the race will be a success for you....

LEM2... Congrats.. Gald i could help....

OB42TC3.. I run associated steering blocks.. I have played with losi castor blocks for the strength of graphite VS plastic....

Mike
Old 03-16-2004, 09:11 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Hey MIke,

I posted a pic on the hobbytalk thread. Can you take a peep at it sometime and tell me if you see any wiring hiccups on my part. I talked to Robert and he assured me I can run the 301 RX in high speed-3ch mode no problems at all!!!

I'll leave the 302 RX in my 12th scale car to get the highest speed response.

Thanks,
Ray
Old 03-16-2004, 07:00 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Mike, you being a Novak driver of some time, what do you think is the best profile on the GT7 for Stock Foam TC? Mod Foam? I know you said in an above post not to change profiles to go to mod, but I am just wondering. Right now I have been running either profile 4 or 5 in stock and I cannot seem to tell much of a difference. Your thoughts?
Old 03-16-2004, 07:32 PM
Tech Addict

Brian McGreevy.... I run profile 5.. I never change it for stock or mod....

Mike
Old 03-16-2004, 07:34 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Thanks Mike...see ya next week.
Old 03-16-2004, 07:36 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

Mike- Thanks again. I ran a simular set up two weeks ago but didn't like it. I'll try this set up as close as I can get it since I don't run a TC3. In general the settings should somewhat transfer over.
Old 03-16-2004, 07:47 PM
Company Representative

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

Mike, YGM...
Old 03-16-2004, 07:53 PM
Tech Master

hey mike just a couple of questions. according to the GT7 instc. profile 5 is oval

also If I am loosing the rear of the car getting into the corner does that mean that i am transfering to fast to the front.

I like the way the car turns now just need to tighten it up getting in. I am running 4 rear droop was thinking of going to 3 would this help

oh yah ever see
Old 03-16-2004, 08:36 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

Here's a question for you Mike:
I'm going to run a the nats next week, and I want to get my tires ready. One friend says just cut them to race size and use new tires every round, from truer to track. the other says to break the tires in 5-6 laps after truing. This would be for stock. Any advice?
Old 03-16-2004, 09:04 PM
P2
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

Originally posted by davepull
hey mike just a couple of questions. according to the GT7 instc. profile 5 is oval

also If I am loosing the rear of the car getting into the corner does that mean that i am transfering to fast to the front.

I like the way the car turns now just need to tighten it up getting in. I am running 4 rear droop was thinking of going to 3 would this help

oh yah ever see
Straight from Novak:

Recommended Throttle Program Summary:
Best Over-All: Throttle Program 5
Slick Tracks: Throttle Program 4
High-Traction Tracks: Throttle Program 6
Most Stock Motors: Throttle Program 6

I think adding more rear droop would transfer more weight to the front and lose rear traction. You might try 5mm rear droop.
P2

Last edited by P2; 03-17-2004 at 07:37 AM.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.