R/C Tech Forums

R/C Tech Forums (https://www.rctech.net/forum/)
-   Electric On-Road (https://www.rctech.net/forum/electric-road-2/)
-   -   Blackdiamond Esc settings (https://www.rctech.net/forum/electric-road/344239-blackdiamond-esc-settings.html)

tellan 11-15-2009 12:32 PM

Blackdiamond Esc settings

Awaiting delivery of the New Esc from CRC delivery due at end of the week. Does any one have any info on settings for 1/12th racing 10.5 and 17.5 1S lipo power pack.
TXS in advance

LOW ET 11-15-2009 12:40 PM

my question is, does anyone have dimensions on these esc's?

mikky32 11-15-2009 01:05 PM

The size of the low profile.
Size: 38x32x15 mm
the size of the TC spec
Size: 38x32x22 mm (excl fan)

LOW ET 11-15-2009 01:07 PM

Originally Posted by mikky32 (Post 6602663)
The size of the low profile.
Size: 38x32x15 mm
the size of the TC spec
Size: 38x32x22 mm (excl fan)

thanks

any weights to go with that?

stiltskin 11-15-2009 01:19 PM

Originally Posted by LOW ET (Post 6602621)
my question is, does anyone have dimensions on these esc's?

My question is, can anyone afford these ESC's? Is it really $350-$400?

LOW ET 11-15-2009 01:20 PM

Originally Posted by stiltskin (Post 6602690)
My question is, can anyone afford these ESC's? Is it really $350-$400?

it does seem very expensive. i hope that's msrp and not retail.

mikky32 11-15-2009 01:27 PM

Originally Posted by LOW ET (Post 6602693)
it does seem very expensive. i hope that's msrp and not retail.

It's the price you will pay.
It's expensive but do you want to pay so much for it as there are other speedo's that can go as fast as this one with new software?
It will be the fastest in the beginning but for how long?
The settings are limited compared to a Tekin, Gm and others.

I stay with the Tekin and wait for new updates.

mikky32 11-15-2009 01:30 PM

Originally Posted by LOW ET (Post 6602667)
thanks

any weights to go with that?

No sorry.

I now it has 5 profiles and that you have a few drag brake and brake settings and that's it.

jkirkwood 11-15-2009 01:37 PM

I was going to buy one until I seen the price.

mtveten 11-15-2009 01:37 PM

unfortunately $350 is street price for the 1-cell model. Once other manufactures catch up I would expect the price to drop significantly but I wouldn't expect anyone to do so this season. Based on the info I got from Tekin they are working on an update to shrink the gap but it sounds as though though they don't expect to match it this season.

Mark

LOW ET 11-15-2009 01:39 PM

i guess we'll have to wait and see what the lrp sxx stock spec can do.

mikky32 11-15-2009 01:48 PM

Originally Posted by mtveten (Post 6602725)
unfortunately $350 is street price for the 1-cell model. Once other manufactures catch up I would expect the price to drop significantly but I wouldn't expect anyone to do so this season. Based on the info I got from Tekin they are working on an update to shrink the gap but it sounds as though though they don't expect to match it this season.

Mark

It will be close but don't worry. The most comes out of the driver.
And how many people want to spend so much money for a speedo that is in a few months cheaper than it now is and as fast as the speedo's that there are now already and will come with software updates?
I just wait and I believe that Tekin will find the power to close the gap.

Last race I became 4th and before me were 3 SPX drivers and after me was a LRP TC. I was never so close to the podium in time and place.
The nr 2 till 5 were driving the same lap times.
Tekin gave me already a lot of power and I'm very thank full for that and I will keep driving Tekin.
Service and support are the best.

marcel p 11-15-2009 01:49 PM

Just put it in profile 5 and set it for lipo.
and gear it very hevy an goooo powerrrrr
only check your temp of the motor not hot ,bigger pinion:cool:
more power;)

mtveten 11-15-2009 03:44 PM

Originally Posted by mikky32 (Post 6602751)
It will be close but don't worry. The most comes out of the driver.
And how many people want to spend so much money for a speedo that is in a few months cheaper than it now is and as fast as the speedo's that there are now already and will come with software updates?
I just wait and I believe that Tekin will find the power to close the gap.

Last race I became 4th and before me were 3 SPX drivers and after me was a LRP TC. I was never so close to the podium in time and place.
Tekin gave me already a lot of power and I'm very thank full for that and I will keep driving Tekin.
Service and support are the best.

Aside from the Tekin they all seem to get cheaper or discontinued in 6 months so I fail to see the difference between the AE & LRP speedos on that front. Regarding your pace comparison between the tekin and SPX speedos on 1-cell, although the spx seems to maybe have a slight advantage over the tekin, from what I have seen its not enough to make any real difference. I have been happy with my Tekin speedos and if they told me in a month or 2 they would be on par with the AE unit I would have stuck with it but with that not being the case I am thankful for the great performance it faster now.

mtv

tellan 11-16-2009 02:36 AM

street price

In the Uk the Blackdiamond is selling for £234 approx $375 .This is on par with most of the other top of the range Escs .
The LRP spx is £225 $360 ,the Tekin with Hot wire is about the same as is the Gm.
No price yet on the new LRP sxx.So if it makes you happy buy it, if not waste your money on some thing else.

TrevCoult 11-16-2009 05:56 AM

Originally Posted by tellan (Post 6602606)
Awaiting delivery of the New Esc from CRC delivery due at end of the week. Does any one have any info on settings for 1/12th racing 10.5 and 17.5 1S lipo power pack.
TXS in advance

I didn't think you'd be long getting one of these Vince!

I hope you found the problem with your car on Saturday. Was it the RX pack?

Trev

tallyrc 11-16-2009 02:58 PM

Originally Posted by tellan (Post 6605394)
In the Uk the Blackdiamond is selling for £234 approx $375 .This is on par with most of the other top of the range Escs .
The LRP spx is £225 $360 ,the Tekin with Hot wire is about the same as is the Gm.
No price yet on the new LRP sxx.So if it makes you happy buy it, if not waste your money on some thing else.

you need to shop around a bit.. tekin is $210 hotwire is $35 got my setup used for $160...

skypilot 11-16-2009 03:48 PM

Originally Posted by mikky32 (Post 6602751)
The most comes out of the driver.

seems kinda strange to have both these comments in the same post.

skypilot 11-16-2009 03:54 PM

Originally Posted by tallyrc (Post 6607316)
you need to shop around a bit.. tekin is $210 hotwire is $35 got my setup used for $160...

he said in the UK the they cost that much, so I'M thinking maybe were not the ones overpaying for a foriegn made ESC. lol

tallyrc 11-16-2009 04:08 PM

Originally Posted by skypilot (Post 6607560)
he said in the UK the they cost that much, so I'M thinking maybe were not the ones overpaying for a foriegn made ESC. lol

$150 for shipping just seems a little high to get it from stormer to the uk..;)

rosko 11-16-2009 07:18 PM

350-400 no way jose, i'll wait for tekin.

MaxSp97 11-16-2009 07:48 PM

Here is the price for Black Diamond ESC:
  • Black Diamond 1/10 Touring $447.00 (299 Euro)
  • Black Diamond 1/12 $359.00 (240 Euro)
How many Tekin RS's can I buy?

ChristopherKee 11-16-2009 08:36 PM

Originally Posted by MaxSp97 (Post 6608714)
Here is the price for Black Diamond ESC:
  • Black Diamond 1/10 Touring $447.00 (299 Euro)
  • Black Diamond 1/12 $359.00 (240 Euro)
How many Tekin RS's can I buy?

stormer has the RS for like $159 so... you can buy like 2.4ish of them :)

CypressMidWest 11-16-2009 11:22 PM

Originally Posted by mtveten (Post 6603127)
Aside from the Tekin they all seem to get cheaper or discontinued in 6 months so I fail to see the difference between the AE & LRP speedos on that front. Regarding your pace comparison between the tekin and SPX speedos on 1-cell, although the spx seems to maybe have a slight advantage over the tekin, from what I have seen its not enough to make any real difference. I have been happy with my Tekin speedos and if they told me in a month or 2 they would be on par with the AE unit I would have stuck with it but with that not being the case I am thankful for the great performance it faster now.

mtv

At the Halloween Classic in Cleveland, all 10 cars in the 17.5 12th A were Tekin equipped. I personally know of two drivers that ran SPX's pulled them out, put in Tekins and immediately went faster. The Tekin is all about the set-up. When it's right it's FAST. I hjave no doubt that they'll figure out a way to match the advanced, the only question is when.......

tc3team 11-17-2009 01:10 AM

Tekins software development programme is constantly ongoing.

The RS has all the right bits inside the case, and look how fast the ESC has become since the 180 software... :sneaky::tire:

mikky32 11-17-2009 05:36 AM

Originally Posted by CypressMidWest (Post 6609517)
At the Halloween Classic in Cleveland, all 10 cars in the 17.5 12th A were Tekin equipped. I personally know of two drivers that ran SPX's pulled them out, put in Tekins and immediately went faster. The Tekin is all about the set-up. When it's right it's FAST. I hjave no doubt that they'll figure out a way to match the advanced, the only question is when.......

Yes the setup decides how fast you go. My car was the fastest on the track only the driver stayed behind:sweat:
I got one driver that complaint about no power with his Tekin. I gave him my setup and he won from me. That is the thanks you get for helping some one.

Originally Posted by tc3team (Post 6609751)
Tekins software development programme is constantly ongoing.

The RS has all the right bits inside the case, and look how fast the ESC has become since the 180 software... :sneaky::tire:

It's a big difference.
I believe they will succeed this time again.

I stick with Tekin. On 1 thing they are still unbeaten and will stay unbeaten and that is service.:nod:
The best service I ever got from any company.
If you have a problem they help you. When you mail them they reply and always do there best to help you.
I don't now how it will be with the Advance but LRP and GM are not replying on your complaints. The software of the GM is not for free. Also you must send your speedo to GM.
For what I now you must send the Advance speedo also to update it.
Tekin sends you the update for free!!!:nod: You get each time a new speedo for free.

steveonamission 11-17-2009 05:43 AM

What is this thread?

I swear its titled Black Diamond ESC settings

Not the "the speedo war"

Jeze.

mkdut 11-17-2009 07:55 AM

Originally Posted by steveonamission (Post 6610264)
What is this thread?

Not the "the speedo war"

Jeze.

True but it would also require that this speedo be available to discuss the settings.

CypressMidWest 11-17-2009 08:00 AM

What is this thread?

Not the "the speedo war"

Jeze.

Not a war at all, just posting some ideas, while I wait for one...

jrp 11-17-2009 09:01 AM

Maybe 9 out of 10 were Tekin. I ran an LRP SPX ;)

mk2 11-17-2009 09:03 AM

most of the tracks out here in ca are not allowing the speedo cause it will kill racing i have seen what this speedo can do and its a unfair advantage in 1/12and wgt any 1s lipo class at the iic a guy fliped off the track twice and still tqed now if that is not unfair i dont know what is

Jochim_18 11-17-2009 09:03 AM

What so special about this ESC co'z the price is redicolous.

EAMotorsports 11-17-2009 09:10 AM

Originally Posted by mk2 (Post 6610985)
most of the tracks out here in ca are not allowing the speedo cause it will kill racing i have seen what this speedo can do and its a unfair advantage in 1/12and wgt any 1s lipo class at the iic a guy fliped off the track twice and still tqed now if that is not unfair i dont know what is

Are they going to outlaw the LRP and Tekin when the new speedo and software updates come out that make them as fast as the AE unit?

I can see outlawing them in 17.5 class until the others catch up but after that its fair game.

And at the IIC the TQ did not "Flip off the track twice" on his TQ run. Thats a little far fetched..I was there and seen it too.

EA

Crashby 11-17-2009 09:11 AM

Can someone from CRC (Frank?) post up and let us know if the Advanced ESC is approved by ROAR?

mikky32 11-17-2009 09:13 AM

Ad the moment it has the most power the first 10 meter. Here it drives away from all the others. Top speed is the same as the other speedo's.

Unfair?
Was it unfair when Tekin came with his speedo and the others were driving still the LRP TC? Or was it fair to get a SPX wile others were not having one?
I don't now if you can say that. You can buy also one or wait till the other speedo's catch up.
LRP comes with a new speedo, Tekin, GM and the other speedo's that you can update will come with updates and sooner or later the speed will be quit the same again.
In the TC 10,5 lipo class the difference is a bit smaller but in the classes like 1 cell 1:12 were you have not as much as power, the difference is big.

mkdut 11-17-2009 09:13 AM

Originally Posted by EAMotorsports (Post 6611009)
Are they going to outlaw the LRP and Tekin when the new speedo and software updates come out that make them as fast as the AE unit?

I can see outlawing them in 17.5 class until the others catch up but after that its fair game.

And at the IIC the TQ did not "Flip off the track twice" on his TQ run. Thats a little far fetched..I was there and seen it too.

EA

I heard he was also pulling wheelies down the straight every lap.

mikky32 11-17-2009 09:14 AM

Originally Posted by Crashby (Post 6611017)
Can someone from CRC (Frank?) post up and let us know if the Advanced ESC is approved by ROAR?

Must speedo's be roar approved?
I thought only motors and Cell's and lipo's.

JamesArluck 11-17-2009 09:16 AM

What is this thread?

Not the "the speedo war"

Jeze.

My bad, I thought I was reading "Tekin fanboy lovefest Thread #937" :lol:

nashrcracer 11-17-2009 10:37 AM

At the Halloween Classic in Cleveland, all 10 cars in the 17.5 12th A were Tekin equipped.

lets take another off that list

I qualified 4th with my Nosram stock spec in front of your Tekin and would of finished higher had not I decided to wait at the park and ride in turn 2 on the start. doh! you might of gone faster then you had before but you just caught up to me barely :eek:

2009 Halloween Classic

1-12th Stock A Main Round# 6, Race# 10

Driver________Fast Lap__
Ruggles, Ian 11.547
Dirla, Robert 11.516

Gitsum 11-17-2009 10:58 AM

Personally I say let them run in whatever class. This will be the same arguement everytime a new esc is brought out or new software is produced. Quit the whining and just race...lol!