Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Would anyone buy a revised XXX-S?

Search this Thread

Old 11-03-2009, 09:52 PM
Company Representative

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

I know it would never happend but if it does I like to see the XXX-S with a conventinal droop screw design (adj from the top)

rest of it is all perfect or easy fix.

I dont know what is the weight limit of VTA but in TC race with this new1420 limit I stop race with my XXX-S cause speed diffrence between the XXX-s vs type-R was by laps

I got a brand new graphite chassis in a sealed bag, I might dremel out like Kinwald / Randy Caster did when the xxx-s was car to beat and race for last time before shelf it.
Old 11-03-2009, 10:23 PM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

I thought this would be a great idea too, until i started drawing things up on CAD. Since my brother works with a water jet and has access to a machine shop, i was thinking about turning the xxx-s into a better, and lighter flat chassis design. The problem i keep running into is that other than the drivetrain and the suspension (minus shocks and towers), you would take the rest of the car and chuck it design wise. It would have to end up being something completely different. The xxxs design would have to be dramatically changed because of the rigidity that the graphite chassis gives you. Im in no way saying it cant be done, but I personally believe it would be a waste of time when there are other choices available already. Just my 2 cents.
Old 11-04-2009, 07:10 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

Originally Posted by BrainFaidZ
I thought this would be a great idea too, until i started drawing things up on CAD. Since my brother works with a water jet and has access to a machine shop, i was thinking about turning the xxx-s into a better, and lighter flat chassis design. The problem i keep running into is that other than the drivetrain and the suspension (minus shocks and towers), you would take the rest of the car and chuck it design wise. It would have to end up being something completely different. The xxxs design would have to be dramatically changed because of the rigidity that the graphite chassis gives you. Im in no way saying it cant be done, but I personally believe it would be a waste of time when there are other choices available already. Just my 2 cents.
Ever try to twist a XXXS graphite tub?
Old 11-04-2009, 04:54 PM
Tech Elite

Default I would think a double deck design would be easy...

but I'm no engineer. The prototype was a double plate chassis. I would like to see something similar to a T3 design with the XXX-S drive train and fiber glass plates. Cheap parts, and availability. Losi is one of the last true American Co. so it would be nice to see them back in the TC market. If they ever do decide to try another design they better makes it as durable, simple and easy to work on as a Xray. I sure would rather drive a Losi.

Originally Posted by BrainFaidZ
Old 11-04-2009, 05:22 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

RCKnight, I'm curious how it would have to be a totally different car? Assuming you use the basics of the suspension and drivetrain..the only thing really different would be the chassis plates and obvious bulkheads needed to mount the diffs and center pulley. For all intensive purposes...its still a xxxs. Yes?
Old 11-04-2009, 05:49 PM
Tech Initiate

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default cool one

i wood like to revise this one to the first xxxs i like it, if the pics worked lol
Old 11-04-2009, 07:52 PM
Company Representative

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Originally Posted by RCknight
but I'm no engineer. The prototype was a double plate chassis. I would like to see something similar to a T3 design with the XXX-S drive train and fiber glass plates. Cheap parts, and availability. Losi is one of the last true American Co. so it would be nice to see them back in the TC market. If they ever do decide to try another design they better makes it as durable, simple and easy to work on as a Xray. I sure would rather drive a Losi.

i thnink this is the car your talking about

Attached Thumbnails Would anyone buy a revised XXX-S?-xxxs-prototype.jpg  

Last edited by SweepRacingUSA; 11-04-2009 at 09:01 PM.
Old 11-04-2009, 08:01 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Originally Posted by da_John_wee
i thnink this is the car you you talking about

It's funny if you posted that with some creative wording I bet you could start a rumor that the XXX-S was on it's way back. The carbon fiber chassis makes it look like a newer release.
Old 11-04-2009, 08:11 PM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 101 (100%+)

Thats awsome, Is there anyway to build that car or anything a kit maybe.......idk
Old 11-04-2009, 08:46 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

as awesome as it looks would it be any lighter than the current xxx-s?
and would it tweak easy, like most deck cars seem too do compared too the tub chassis??

still wouldnt mind that in my pit bag lol
Old 11-04-2009, 09:01 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Originally Posted by RCknight
Losi is American as Taco Bell is to Mexican food, if you ask me..
Old 11-04-2009, 09:47 PM
Tech Elite

Default Yes I agree....

Originally Posted by Evoracer
RCKnight, I'm curious how it would have to be a totally different car? Assuming you use the basics of the suspension and drivetrain..the only thing really different would be the chassis plates and obvious bulkheads needed to mount the diffs and center pulley. For all intensive purposes...its still a xxxs. Yes?

I guess it would like the first XXX-S prototype. I would like a reasonalbe priced US car for once that understood good design features. I love the XXX-S drivetrain, and I like many of the Xray design features. A design that makes sense. I think a revised car would need new arms, blocks, catser blocks that more durable. I never understood why someone can't take the best of each design feature and throw it all into one car. lol Oh wait that's what xray does with no shame. lol Now if they would kill the orange and do a single belt design. LOL

Last edited by RCknight; 11-05-2009 at 01:37 AM. Reason: changed text
Old 11-04-2009, 09:52 PM
Tech Elite

Default Oh yes that's what I'm talking about.

Maybe some new arms, blocks and knuckles. That's the car I want!!!

Well xray is always saying longer upper decks mean less chassis tweak. You can't get any longer than that man! lol

Now who here would not buy that car? Look at how light it would be.

Dang now someone had to go and post that pic! You could even do a two part rear bulkhead design for added flex adjustment and upper deck. Move the servo the long way for a narrower chassis. Use a xray syle servo saver/steering linkage for even less weight. Look how far you can push the speedo, servo, receiver, motor torwards the center. Plus cool gunmetal aluminum parts and JRX-S shocks! Ok forget the budget car bring me this one. lol Come on Losi get to building it. Look how simple design it is. Back in that day chassis flex was not desired, but that's all changed. My guess is that this car had alot of track time already. Sweet design.

Last edited by RCknight; 11-04-2009 at 10:46 PM.
Old 11-04-2009, 10:30 PM
Tech Elite

Default It's was ahead of it's time...

Another thing is that people complained about the single belt design because of it's lack of free wheel in stock class, but with stock you could run the belt very loose because of it's big pullies. That's when the shaft design took off. This is not a big factor anymore because of brushless motors and it looks lipo ready to me. This car is now ready for today. lol

Last edited by RCknight; 11-04-2009 at 10:41 PM. Reason: added
Old 11-05-2009, 01:20 AM
Tech Elite

Default I think one of the design features you....

see on TCs is the spur is mounted in the center of the chassis for torque steer. Can't remember if the XXX-s was or not. Even so, the XXX-S belt would still be closer to the center line than any other TC out there. This would put the belt closer to the battery side leaving the center open for an even steering link like Xray. I still think there's potential for a good design using this drivetrain, but it's hard to tell from the pics.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.