Xray T1

Search this Thread

Old 08-21-2009, 12:25 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 38 (100%+)

Originally Posted by bucknuts
[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

I had to space up the strap-stands 4-5mm and I use velcro underneath the straps. It held up to a beating this weekend..

Also relocated the belt tensioner to the chassis and mounted it to a shortened servo post so the belt clears the Lipo. Does anyone know If I can grind the faux-cells off the bottom of the hard case?
The belt tensioner idea is slick...it is a must-have item as far as I am concerned, and that is a super clean way to mount it even if you don't need it for belt clearance on the lipo. As far as the humps go, how much clearance is there between the top deck and the lipo? I don't think grinding them off is a good idea, plus according to IFMAR and ROAR tampering with the case is illegal. I'm surprised that Intellect pack has the humps...I'm running the 4200 saddles (which I have run through hell and back with over the summer and are still as strong as the day I bought them) and they are flat on the bottom. Also I like how you used the lower bumper mount on top as well...was that done out of necessity or does it just work better that way? I've gone through 3 upper mounts to 1 lower mount, but using the lower up top looks bombproof.

-rocky b
Old 08-21-2009, 12:38 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 23 (100%+)

I just traded a member of our forum for a T1R and i was wondering where parts are avalible for it, as i have done a couple searches and came up dry
Thanks ahead of time
Daniel
Old 08-21-2009, 07:38 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

Originally Posted by JATOdriver
I just traded a member of our forum for a T1R and i was wondering where parts are avalible for it, as i have done a couple searches and came up dry
Thanks ahead of time
Daniel
http://www.teamxray.com/xshop/produc...?kategoria=648

Here's a place to start
Old 08-21-2009, 07:50 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

guys im new on here and i have had my t1fk04 since it came out but i havent ran it for about 3 years now. i had a easy question. if i want to run saddle pack lipos in it but i want to buy 2 lipos and run it that way what size should i look for? im looking on hobby king for some but not sure what c rate and everything else i should look for. my first lipo pack i have got was for a rock crawler so its way different. thanks for all the help
Old 08-21-2009, 08:33 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 96 (99%+)

Originally Posted by some87
guys im new on here and i have had my t1fk04 since it came out but i havent ran it for about 3 years now. i had a easy question. if i want to run saddle pack lipos in it but i want to buy 2 lipos and run it that way what size should i look for? im looking on hobby king for some but not sure what c rate and everything else i should look for. my first lipo pack i have got was for a rock crawler so its way different. thanks for all the help

Rocky has ben running the Intellect brand saddle pack in his FK04 with good results. Another alternitive is to run a brick pack sidways against the rear bulkheads as seen a couple of posts prior to yours. As to C rating anything 40C and up will be fine. Love the FK04
Old 08-21-2009, 08:48 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by chris moore
Rocky has ben running the Intellect brand saddle pack in his FK04 with good results. Another alternitive is to run a brick pack sidways against the rear bulkheads as seen a couple of posts prior to yours. As to C rating anything 40C and up will be fine. Love the FK04
well i was looking more for specs of size and everything since i can get batterys from hobby king for so cheap i just wanted to find 2 smaller packs and run them in series. i love the car to death. btw can anybody help me find some tires. i have some that say RP on the wheel and are pre glued and i love them but i cant remember the full name of who makes them.
Old 08-25-2009, 01:13 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)
Default oooook

ok the guy just seny off the xray and i was wondering what is the most important thing to get for this car, and what is needed to make this competitive?

Old 08-25-2009, 06:16 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default T1 04 and 05 Stuff for Sale

Hi, wondering if there is any interested in FK04 or 05 stuff. I've to enough parts to build four cars (2 of each) and lots of parts to support. If there's an interest I'll put together pics and post them here in the For Sale section of the form. Rather do that than Ebay. Please LMK.
Old 08-25-2009, 06:25 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally Posted by flatspunout
The belt tensioner idea is slick...it is a must-have item as far as I am concerned, and that is a super clean way to mount it even if you don't need it for belt clearance on the lipo. As far as the humps go, how much clearance is there between the top deck and the lipo? I don't think grinding them off is a good idea, plus according to IFMAR and ROAR tampering with the case is illegal. I'm surprised that Intellect pack has the humps...I'm running the 4200 saddles (which I have run through hell and back with over the summer and are still as strong as the day I bought them) and they are flat on the bottom. Also I like how you used the lower bumper mount on top as well...was that done out of necessity or does it just work better that way? I've gone through 3 upper mounts to 1 lower mount, but using the lower up top looks bombproof.

-rocky b
The front bumper mod has worked really well. It's just bolted to the upper brace.
Old 08-25-2009, 08:48 PM
Tech Regular

did xray ever make a servo horn for hitec servos that would fit on the 04?
Old 08-25-2009, 09:05 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by JATOdriver
Thanks ahead of time
Daniel
search on stormer hobbies for keywords t1 and t1r
Old 08-25-2009, 11:26 PM
Tech Master

did xray ever make a servo horn for hitec servos that would fit on the 04?
Believe in the kit, they gave 3 differant horns. A 23,24, 25 spline horns. For a Hitec horn look for a 24 spline horn.

Good luck!
Old 08-26-2009, 06:26 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 38 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Electro-MAX RC
Hi, wondering if there is any interested in FK04 or 05 stuff. I've to enough parts to build four cars (2 of each) and lots of parts to support. If there's an interest I'll put together pics and post them here in the For Sale section of the form. Rather do that than Ebay. Please LMK.
Does the Pope wear a funny hat? Give us a link when you put them up!

-rocky b
Old 08-26-2009, 07:12 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by Geezatec
Believe in the kit, they gave 3 differant horns. A 23,24, 25 spline horns. For a Hitec horn look for a 24 spline horn.

Good luck!
if they did i cant find it on the website or anywhere.
Old 08-26-2009, 08:26 AM
Tech Master

if they did i cant find it on the website or anywhere.
www.stormerhobbies.com. Manufacture:Xray, look for:servo horn. Horn for KO,JR & Airtronics. They are in stock.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.