Search
Like Tree3Likes

Xray T1

Search this Thread

Old 11-30-2004, 12:27 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally posted by chach
actually, I am talking about the rear shocks, and where they mount on the lower arm, outside hole. any pics you have of this would help also.
Okay i will put a pic of front and back up right now give me a sec. (If you want to talk to me on AIM my sn is ApexHigh07)

Jon
Old 11-30-2004, 12:31 PM
Tech Elite

Here is the front end. (sorry alittle blurry i zoomed in too far. )
Attached Thumbnails Xray T1-frontend.jpg  
Old 11-30-2004, 12:31 PM
Tech Elite

Rear with foams.
Attached Thumbnails Xray T1-rearend.jpg  
Old 11-30-2004, 12:32 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 42 (100%+)

Just use the inner rear arm mounting pos. ,car works just as good mounted there. I have mine inside and my car is dialed
Old 11-30-2004, 12:32 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

hey guys. do any of you guys run the aluminum front c-hubs? do you guys find the plastic/composite c-hubs to be weak? i ran my evo2 for the first time the other day and any slight touch of the wall would put a nice crack in them near the bottom steering block screw, and eventually just break off. any other car i had survived a hit like this(tc3, tamiya, yokomo). i am not a begginer and i was just wondering if that was a known weak spot. and if i get aluminums, what camber angle should i go for?

thanks guys
marshalv.
Old 11-30-2004, 12:34 PM
Tech Elite

Originally posted by dado11g
hey guys. do any of you guys run the aluminum front c-hubs? do you guys find the plastic/composite c-hubs to be weak? i ran my evo2 for the first time the other day and any slight touch of the wall would put a nice crack in them near the bottom steering block screw, and eventually just break off. any other car i had survived a hit like this(tc3, tamiya, yokomo). i am not a begginer and i was just wondering if that was a known weak spot. and if i get aluminums, what camber angle should i go for?

thanks guys
marshalv.
I have broke a few c-hubs but i have taken some hard hits and they didnt break.

Try some 3* c-hubs, and 6* for more aggressivness in corners, but it will be hard in the chicane (if any, and you will get too much steering)

Alum C-hubs- You can try the xray ones, but i heard the TeamTamale ones were good too.
Old 11-30-2004, 12:40 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

if you are breaking the plastic c-hubs, you will bend the alum one. so the $3 you pay for a c-hub is alot better then the $60 you pay for the alum set. The team tamale one are the way to go. They are milled from a higher grade of aluminum and are way stiffer. Non of the 15-20 xray guys that use the hub have broken or even bent one. I have had my set for 6 month. The only thing that may wear out is hte plastic bushing that the screw goes though. And they sell those as well alot cheaper then the xray ones. The guy is a machinist for a gov contractor here in Dallas, so he know what he is doing with aluminum.

you may check his site out he sells a handful of xray parts. just look at my sig for the url
Old 11-30-2004, 12:50 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

The composit C-hubs are brittle, mostly because of the huge pivot hole in the bottom. I've switched to Xray Alum and they've worked great. I have felt one bend a little and bind the movement a bit, but it still works fine. I would really look at the team tamale one though, it looks nice! I've had good results with 3º not the 6º for carpet.
Old 11-30-2004, 12:52 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Default Team Tamale

I saw all the bits on Toasties car at the Champs and I am going to try the caster blocks, fan mount, roll center mounts and front shock perches. I already ordered them. There are pictures of some of the parts under new items i believe.

Ray
Old 11-30-2004, 12:53 PM
Tech Fanatic

Chach - I'm echo'ing John Tag's answer. I run my shocks on the inner hole on the rear arm and the car is hooked up.

Rob
Old 11-30-2004, 12:55 PM
Tech Master

Originally posted by Rob Mincey
Chach - I'm echo'ing John Tag's answer. I run my shocks on the inner hole on the rear arm and the car is hooked up.

Rob
Same here. I know there is a mod to fix it but it reqires alot of milling. Definately not worth doing.
Old 11-30-2004, 01:13 PM
Tech Master

yeah i run mine on the inner hole to...and my car seems alright.

i found if i filed the shock bottom down it made it really weak and the slightest knock cracked it and popped the shock off.

i think you can milled the "block" that sticks out down to the wishbone and it then clears it but i dont wanna risk making my wishbone weak or something.
Old 11-30-2004, 01:16 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Originally posted by raving-monkey
yeah i run mine on the inner hole to...and my car seems alright.

i found if i filed the shock bottom down it made it really weak and the slightest knock cracked it and popped the shock off.

i think you can milled the "block" that sticks out down to the wishbone and it then clears it but i dont wanna risk making my wishbone weak or something.
I have my rear arms shaved down quite a bit and there is no sign of fatigue on the arm. Same set of rear arms on my car since Snowbirds. Shaving the arm has no affect on durability. They are obviously overengineered for strength.

Ray
Old 11-30-2004, 01:18 PM
Tech Master

ok, might give it a go....how much do you take off? i heard you take it all off but i;m not sure.

what is the main advantage of running the shock in the outer hole though?
Old 11-30-2004, 02:17 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

I run the outer hole on the rear arms... What i did was... While the foams tire is on the lathe with a file just remove some of the innder plastic. MINT

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.