Search
Like Tree3Likes

Xray T1

Search this Thread

Old 10-21-2004, 08:19 PM
Tech Master

Originally posted by P2
=MisFitz=Nuke,
Did you get your car yet? What's the status of the anodizing and how much $$$ is it going to cost?
Hit me back,
P2
Nope, I wish. Hopefully I will have my order tomorrow (Friday), or Monday or Tuesday. Don't worry...you'll know when I get it...b/c I'll be out there whoopin' all of ya'll . I still need to call some places about the anodizing. Maybe I can do that tomorrow.
Old 10-21-2004, 11:26 PM
Tech Rookie

Default Gearing

Can someone give help me out on what gearing I should start with for a larger size track?

I have a 12x2 motor and the 93 tooth spur gear it came with.

Just wanted to know what pinion size I should start with roughly.

Thanks.

I bought my first Xray because of this thread.. and it is simply beautiful!
Old 10-22-2004, 12:55 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Hi Guys,

Some of you might know this already, but just a quick update on the whole Xray shipment situation. I spoke with Brian over at RC America and they are almost done with putting away the inventory and should be starting to ship them out to dealers tomorrow and early next week. If everything goes according to schedule, we should start seeing Xray car kits, parts, and Hudy products starting end of next week or fist week of Nov.

Steve Wang
Old 10-22-2004, 01:04 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Old 10-22-2004, 05:14 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

rayder, you would want to tell us what type of tire and if you are running foam about what diameter the foams are....
Old 10-22-2004, 10:30 AM
Tech Rookie

oh.

HPI pro molded inner foam 26mm soft rounded

HPI 26mm V groove super radial tires
Old 10-22-2004, 12:35 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Originally posted by SpeedTech
Hi Guys,

Some of you might know this already, but just a quick update on the whole Xray shipment situation. I spoke with Brian over at RC America and they are almost done with putting away the inventory and should be starting to ship them out to dealers tomorrow and early next week. If everything goes according to schedule, we should start seeing Xray car kits, parts, and Hudy products starting end of next week or fist week of Nov.

Steve Wang

Thanks for the update Steve. Thats great news. I know I'll be ordering a few things from you so give us a shout when the truck pulls in.
Old 10-22-2004, 03:02 PM
Tech Elite

Originally posted by SpeedTech
Hi Guys,

Steve Wang
dang Steve what ya trying to do give this old man a heart attack cant stand the excitement
Old 10-23-2004, 03:56 PM
Tech Master

hi guys, i went racing tonight and my speed controller blew up (again ) so i guess its time to get a new one.

anyway, i have been looking around and i have got my eye on the KO Propo VFS-1 Pro and the Novak GTX.

i was just wondering what you guys thought of these 2 speed controllers and which one you would recomend.

if you don't recomend either of them what do you suggest i get? around the $150-$160 price...maybe $170 tops.

thanks
Matt
Old 10-23-2004, 03:57 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally posted by raving-monkey
hi guys, i went racing tonight and my speed controller blew up (again ) so i guess its time to get a new one.

anyway, i have been looking around and i have got my eye on the KO Propo VFS-1 Pro and the Novak GTX.

i was just wondering what you guys thought of these 2 speed controllers and which one you would recomend.

if you don't recomend either of them what do you suggest i get? around the $150-$160 price...maybe $170 tops.

thanks
Matt
Well you cant go wrong with either of them necessarily lol. Maybe the new Keyence Rapida might be something to look into. Do you run mod?--> i ask this because i think the GTX needs a cap for that. And i think the VFS 1 is just a solid esc i was actually looking to get one myself.

Jon
Old 10-23-2004, 04:01 PM
Tech Master

mod, spec and will be running stock pretty soon.

the rapida is around $235 (at rc-mushroom) and i don't think i can afford that for an esc

i thought the GTX came with a cap? well atleast the GT7 did

thanks
Matt
Old 10-23-2004, 04:02 PM
Tech Elite

mod, spec and will be running stock pretty soon.

the rapida is around $235 (at rc-mushroom) and i don't think i can afford that for an esc

i thought the GTX came with a cap? well atleast the GT7 did

thanks
Matt
speedtechrc.com 189.99 i think

Not sure if GTX comes with cap, if so then it just makes the esc bigger if you put it on its side.

Jon
Old 10-23-2004, 04:05 PM
Tech Master

but then they dont have things like xrc chassis, FK front shock tower, eagle CDC (well they do but its $30 more )......whats shipping like from speedtech to the UK?

price wise that is.
Old 10-23-2004, 04:06 PM
Tech Elite

but then they dont have things like xrc chassis, FK front shock tower, eagle CDC (well they do but its $30 more )......whats shipping like from speedtech to the UK?

price wise that is.
I dunno ask Steve, or check on the website shouldnt be much though.

Jon
Old 10-23-2004, 04:16 PM
Tech Master

can't seem to find any prices for shipping on his site..i will drop him an email in a minute or so.

do you know of any other sites that stock the eagle CDC, xrc chassis, FK front shock tower, and the KO vfs-1?

i think i will go for the VFS because 1)if the gtx is anything like the gt7 then looks like i;mhaving toast for breakfast.

2)i own KO radio and servos and they are both really good

3)i heard good things about the vfs 2000 thingy so i hope vfs-1 is just as good

do you think i will of made a good choice if i go with the KO?

thanks
Matt

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.