stormerhobbies.com
speedtechrc.com

not sure if there in stock though.
Old 09-07-2004, 08:53 PM
Tech Adept

thercshack.com---Out of Stock
stormerhobbies.com--On Order
speedtechrc.com--PreOrder

Face it guys, there are no FK kits to be found. I've searched everywhere.
Old 09-07-2004, 10:36 PM
Tech Apprentice

Default HELP NEED HELP

I need help with my Xray T1 FT. I just bought it and am having some post assembly trouble. It only has to do with the suspension and I really need help. I can't get the rear ride hieght lower then 4 with the shock spacers all the way up , and they can't because I can not set my tweak now. I need the shock spacers to be down the shock but still have the ride hieght low. I run foam tires that are 63 mm in diameter but even WITH sedan tires the ride hight hits no lower then 3mm. Don't say thats fine cause you don't need to go lower because Ill say it again, I need the shock spacers to be further down so I can adjust my tweak for the suspension. With the shock collars all the way up I can not move either side up anymore and thus can not balance my suspension on a tweak guage. I need help. Has this ever happened before? Ther is no binding in the shocks or the susp. arms, they both rise easily and fall under their own weight pretty easy. I really need help because this is my only problem with the car and want to fix it so I can set it up normally for races.

Last edited by rustler753; 09-07-2004 at 11:11 PM.
Old 09-08-2004, 01:29 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

4 mm on the rear is plenty low enough, at first i couldnt get the rear of my xray any lower than 6mm with 63mm foams
Old 09-08-2004, 03:37 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

I'm using the low-gear ratio pulleys. The drivetrain is free, but since I drive in stock class, want to freeup the drivetrain even more. I regularly flush out and relube the bearings with thin oil.

If I remove some teeth from the pulleys, can I free up the drivetrain even more?
Old 09-08-2004, 05:24 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)
Default Re: HELP NEED HELP

Originally posted by rustler753
I need help with my Xray T1 FT. I just bought it and am having some post assembly trouble. It only has to do with the suspension and I really need help. I can't get the rear ride hieght lower then 4 with the shock spacers all the way up , and they can't because I can not set my tweak now. I need the shock spacers to be down the shock but still have the ride hieght low. I run foam tires that are 63 mm in diameter but even WITH sedan tires the ride hight hits no lower then 3mm. Don't say thats fine cause you don't need to go lower because Ill say it again, I need the shock spacers to be further down so I can adjust my tweak for the suspension. With the shock collars all the way up I can not move either side up anymore and thus can not balance my suspension on a tweak guage. I need help. Has this ever happened before? Ther is no binding in the shocks or the susp. arms, they both rise easily and fall under their own weight pretty easy. I really need help because this is my only problem with the car and want to fix it so I can set it up normally for races.
that is the best you will do with 63mm tires. Most are runnign foams around 58mm. So that is where you will get some play in the shock collars to set tweek and such.
Old 09-08-2004, 06:05 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

i found that if you cut about 1-1.5mm off the bottom shock retainer you can easily have enough room to adjust ride height with big tires. the newer shock towers seem to be much lower than the evo2 versions.

cut the shock eyelet and you will be fine.
Old 09-08-2004, 06:38 AM
Tech Elite

if you don't want to cut the lower shock retainer, go to the tamale link in my sig. THey sell some machined xray parts. One is the lower spring retainers. That should work for you as well.
Old 09-08-2004, 07:05 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Wink

I am using lower shock collars from the TC3. It allows the spring to sit lower on the shock shaft.
Old 09-08-2004, 07:10 AM
Tech Adept

Well I'm going to preorder the kit today and just need a little help with what spare and hopup parts I should order too. I see that for a little while parts availablity will be a problem and plus I like to carry plenty of spares since I'm not the best driver. My local track doesn't carry any Xray parts so if I break and I don't have the part I need then I'm done for the day and that sucks. So any help would be great. I would assume probably some arms and such but what else? Also the hopups that make the car better. Thanks

Last edited by kevinm; 09-08-2004 at 07:15 AM.
Old 09-08-2004, 07:19 AM
Tech Elite

i would get one set of rear arms and hub carriers. and then a couple sets of front arms, steering knuckles and c-hubs. You may also want to get like 6 degree and 0 degree c-hubs so you have some options on setup. Springs are always a good choice, they have 2 different packages to give you spring rate in 2.5lb changes. Get extra wheel screws and washers. I always seem to loose those things. Also front bumpers braces. The composit things are the way to go, but they do break ears, so I woudl get a few of those. Something you may want is the spring steel hex hubs. The alum one you get on the kit seem to flare out a bit and makes them hard to get out of the bearings. But I would just do the fronts. Front diff is almost a must have. make sure to get the factory version, because the evo 2 version does not include the 1.77 pulley

on the c-hubs, if you are breaking those frequently, you may look at the alum one. But I would get the one from my bud at tamale racing. the hudy one seem to bend. The ones from tamale are guaranteed not to bend, or he will replace them for you.
Old 09-08-2004, 08:09 AM
Tech Adept

Thanks, I have that site bookmarked so I can get some stuff.
Old 09-08-2004, 08:13 AM
Tech Adept

Originally posted by theisgroup
i would get one set of rear arms and hub carriers. and then a couple sets of front arms, steering knuckles and c-hubs. You may also want to get like 6 degree and 0 degree c-hubs so you have some options on setup. Springs are always a good choice, they have 2 different packages to give you spring rate in 2.5lb changes. Get extra wheel screws and washers. I always seem to loose those things. Also front bumpers braces. The composit things are the way to go, but they do break ears, so I woudl get a few of those. Something you may want is the spring steel hex hubs. The alum one you get on the kit seem to flare out a bit and makes them hard to get out of the bearings. But I would just do the fronts. Front diff is almost a must have. make sure to get the factory version, because the evo 2 version does not include the 1.77 pulley

on the c-hubs, if you are breaking those frequently, you may look at the alum one. But I would get the one from my bud at tamale racing. the hudy one seem to bend. The ones from tamale are guaranteed not to bend, or he will replace them for you.
How is the fit of there c hubs? Any slop that shouldn"t be there. I learned the hard way with my NTC3. Put a ton of K-factory hopups that cost a lot and the amount of slop was unbeleivable and ended up bending half the stuff anyway. Promised my self to never do that again.
Old 09-08-2004, 10:53 AM
Tech Elite

i actually think it is a better fit then the factory stuff
Old 09-08-2004, 11:32 AM
Tech Apprentice

brianrice you are so awsome thanks for the tip about using the tc3 shock collar. It works perfectly and now my ride height is just the way i need it. you rule

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.