2009 Halloween Classic Presented by The Gate and Northeast Grand Slam

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

2009 Halloween Classic Presented by The Gate and Northeast Grand Slam

Search this Thread

Old 11-03-2009, 04:39 AM
Tech Master

1. Last year, all the racers wanted to run the Sorex tire. It was far and away the best one available, so it didn't matter if the series allowed several different compounds. Everybody ran the same thing anyhow. (Not much different than car bodies; there's plenty of choices, but everybody runs the same one).

2. Yes, we have plenty of sponsors for the series, many of which make more than just tires. We also wanted to allow these in the series mainly for the fact that someone who runs on a particular brand back home can use the same tires at the Slam events.

3. The reason we don't limit the number of sets is because it's yet another set of rules heaped on top of the mountain that currently exits. As mentioned in point 2, racers on a budget can use the same tires from back home. They won't need to buy 3 new bagged sets just to have the "privilege" of racing with us. We will continue to look at this, because it's not as easy a process as it seems.

4. When we started this, we DIDN'T want to be bogged completely down by rules upon rules. Just going to the spec foam adds another layer of work on top of what we currently have. These races aren't meant to be the ROAR Nationals or the IIC. The goal is to have a more relaxed race, but still maintain some of the "big race" feel. Paul, Chris, and I are racers too. We're absolutely not going to give that up because another heaping of tech/rules results in a lack of manpower. We simply don't want to nit-pick the racers to death.

5. Regarding a single spec tire, we're not changing this mid-season; we simply can't do it with all the agreements that have been made. We have plenty of ideas coming in from all angles about what to do for next year. We're not going to take valuable time away from what we need to do THIS YEAR. Just getting this first race in the books was a major undertaking (new Gate had to be built, all the pre-season planning for the Slam, getting the details organized for the first event, having to replace one of the events on the schedule, and on top of it all Paul has had back surgery and a new baby recently).

6. And finally, nobody is trying to KILL rubber tire racing. In fact, there's plenty of internet loudmouths that have had no problem slamming those of us who prefer foam tire racing, just to further their own agenda. Our format was well-received last season, just as it was with the idea to bump drivers up into the Pro classes if they finished Top 5 at one of the major events. Now this year, people have issues with it.

Take a good look around you. This series can be gone in an instant, like so many of the local tracks over the last 2 years.

Last edited by ~McSmooth~; 11-03-2009 at 06:01 AM.
Old 11-03-2009, 05:12 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Randy and Vince had a great time. This is a great race series and we plan to attend all 4 races. See everyone at the next race in Maryland at The Track.

Robbie !!!

* HQ option available. Sorry, this is the only video.
+ YouTube Video
ERROR: If you can see this, then YouTube is down or you don't have Flash installed.
Old 11-03-2009, 06:30 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 38 (100%+)

The pseudo-spec rubber tire rules were perfect IMO. Don't change a thing. It was a great balance between keeping the racing close and inexpensive while not making people run stuff they are unfamiliar with and can't run again.
Old 11-03-2009, 06:35 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 73 (100%+)

Since no one's coming out and saying it, how many runs are people complaining about getting on these tires? On carpet can it really be that bad? we talking 2 runs 4 runs? theres only 5 total runs per class that matter here.
Old 11-03-2009, 07:03 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Originally Posted by TeamB&B
Robbie !!!

* HQ option available. Sorry, this is the only video.
stellar vid mr. bernard.

(man, you'd think it was a conspiracy that nobody in the building caught robbie getting tangled with a backmarker).
Old 11-03-2009, 08:04 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

Originally Posted by seaball
brad johnson gave me the best six minutes i've had in a long time.
I've heard that about Brad before....

Sorry, I just couldn't resist!
Old 11-03-2009, 08:10 AM
Team EAM

Trader Rating: 79 (100%+)

(please, god of the heavens, don't let this thread go the route of so many others).

brad johnson gave me the best six minutes i've had in a long time.

His GF wants to know what the hell you did to get 6 minutes out of him

EA
Old 11-03-2009, 08:15 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 88 (100%+)

Originally Posted by EAMotorsports
His GF wants to know what the hell you did to get 6 minutes out of him

EA
OUCH!
Old 11-03-2009, 08:18 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default Left at the hotel

Someone left something in the track area at the hotel. If you can describe it to a T it's yours!

Paul
Old 11-03-2009, 08:28 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Originally Posted by chicky03
Someone left something in the track area at the hotel. If you can describe it to a T it's yours!
oh, i can, but they'll probably delete the post.
Old 11-03-2009, 08:29 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 38 (100%+)

Paul
Dark hair, about 6' tall, answers to Chris or sometimes seaball.
Old 11-03-2009, 11:50 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

i must say, it's quite nice to be racing again. brad johnson gave me the best six minutes i've had in a long time.
all I could get out of him was a few seconds of grinding.... but I have pictures to prove it

http://www.rc50.com/modules.php?name...bum=63&pos=109

Last edited by nashrcracer; 11-05-2009 at 06:33 PM.
Old 11-03-2009, 02:41 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 17 (95%+)

This race was fun......... ALL DAY!!!!!!
Old 11-03-2009, 02:51 PM
Tech Regular

Thanks to everyone that helped put on this race. This is a great series and I look forward to attending Mimis in December.

Seaball - That was one of my best performances to date, I don't know how I lasted 6 minutes with you behind me, then me behind you, only to finish with you back behind me. You are one hell of a guy! You deserve as much credit for that 6 minutes of bliss as I do.

Thanks - Brad
Old 11-03-2009, 04:57 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Paul
Does it look like goop's dremel?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.