R/C Tech Forums

R/C Tech Forums (https://www.rctech.net/forum/)
-   Electric On-Road (https://www.rctech.net/forum/electric-road-2/)
-   -   2009 Halloween Classic Presented by The Gate and Northeast Grand Slam (https://www.rctech.net/forum/electric-road/325809-2009-halloween-classic-presented-gate-northeast-grand-slam.html)

chicky03 09-08-2009 12:47 PM

2009 Halloween Classic Presented by The Gate and Northeast Grand Slam

1 Attachment(s)
Dear Racers,

Again it's time for some fun in Cleveland!! October 30 - November 1st is the 7th annual Halloween Classic. This year it will be held at the Holiday Inn, Strongsville, Ohio, the same hotel as the 2009 Carpet nats. Again the room rate for this fantastic hotel is only $89 a night. This time we will also have the use of 2 additional pitting rooms to be able to spread out more at the track area.

A few changes to the format for this year:

1) For all the Slam races this year there will be a 17.5 rubber class added

2) In foam TC classes for all the Slam races, 17.5 and Pro, there will be a spec foam tire. It will be a Jaco Lilac with the Grand Slam's special yellow colored ring. You can practice for this race and series with regular Jaco Lilac tc tires but for the racing you will have to use the Grand Slam spec tire. If you wish to buy the tires, they will be available at each race or if you wish to buy them ahead of time, they will be available at all of the Slam tracks only. The tires will be sold for $10.00 a pair and there is no limit to the amount.

3) This year WGT will be our Raceway choice class. The legal tires for this race are Jaco and BSR WGT spec.

4) All pan car classes will use 1S lipos.

5) You can sign up via Paypal this year with an extra cost of $3 per person no matter how many classes you sign up for. The email address for that is [email protected]

6)The legal Rubber tires are: Jaco green/blue, Xenon 28, Speedmind Sorex 28/Speed Rex, SJR Sorex 28(black or white wheel) Take off RP30 and CS27.

So far we have received many sponsors for the series and there are more coming. AE, Corally USA, R/C America, Parma International, Tekin, Speed RX, CRC, Powerpush, Spektrum, TQ wire, Schumacher USA, Speed Passion, Take Off and Jaco.

Attached you'll find the entry form. If there are any more updates they will be posted on here, the Grand Slam thread in the Racing Forum, www.clevelandcarpetracing.com and www.northeastgrandslam.com

If you have any questions please ask here or in a PM.

Hope to see you there!!

vafactor 09-08-2009 03:05 PM

I forget, which classes are being offered for 1/12th?

Tread1 09-08-2009 03:13 PM

No VTA at the classic? :(

chicky03 09-08-2009 04:25 PM

Originally Posted by vafactor (Post 6317716)
I forget, which classes are being offered for 1/12th?

17.5 and Pro 10.5

Originally Posted by Tread1 (Post 6317749)
No VTA at the classic? :(

It was either VTA or WGT for the Raceway choice. We wanted to have both but there just is not enough time. If we went the other way guys would wonder why no, WGT. Either way it's impossible to make everyone happy, sorry:(

Paul

TimV 09-08-2009 05:02 PM

Ugh. Now I have to decide between WGT and rubber tire sedan. I already plan on running foam sedan. Should probably run WGT along with it.

Tread1 09-08-2009 05:03 PM

Originally Posted by chicky03 (Post 6317986)
17.5 and Pro 10.5

It was either VTA or WGT for the Raceway choice. We wanted to have both but there just is not enough time. If we went the other way guys would wonder why no, WGT. Either way it's impossible to make everyone happy, sorry:(

Paul

Bad deal,I know a lot of guys who were looking forward to running their first "big" race in trans am,I hope it doesn't hurt the turnout at the club races.I understand the time situation its just a shame we can't fit both in.

KHoff7 09-08-2009 05:04 PM

13.5 rubber for me and something else, will know after asphalt nats.

miller tyme 09-08-2009 05:29 PM

All ready making traveling plans.

Interesting though the Foam class generally an open tire is restricted to only 1 brand/compound while the rubber tire has 6 options ??:weird:

TeamB&B 09-08-2009 06:04 PM

Never heard of Speed RX rubber tires before. Did you mean Speedmind Sorex 28?

Fuzzy 09-08-2009 06:15 PM

Working on a hall pass for this race as we speak.

chicky03 09-08-2009 06:39 PM

Originally Posted by TeamB&B (Post 6318384)
Never heard of Speed RX rubber tires before. Did you mean Speedmind Sorex 28?

Yes that's it! Speedmind Sorex 28's/Speed Rex just like last year. I'll change it so more people know what it is. Thanks!

1fastdude 09-09-2009 03:04 AM

Originally Posted by miller tyme (Post 6318221)
Interesting though the Foam class generally an open tire is restricted to only 1 brand/compound while the rubber tire has 6 options ??:weird:

Very good point, Chicky..........?? what up, explaination please.......sounds a little biased to me!

chicky03 09-09-2009 04:14 AM

Originally Posted by 1fastdude (Post 6320138)
Very good point, Chicky..........?? what up, explaination please.......sounds a little biased to me!

It's not biased in any way. This is about keeping foam tires around longer to make it cheaper for the masses not for the sponsored guys:nod:. I work for Parma and that tire is not legal. It is also about supporting the tracks that are in the series. The tires are only available from the tracks, without them we will have no place to race.

Once more of the details of the series are worked out you might see another tire or 2 added to the list.

1fastdude 09-09-2009 04:16 AM

Thank you for your quick reply on this.

DARKSIDE 09-09-2009 08:20 AM

Originally Posted by Tread1 (Post 6318125)
Bad deal,I know a lot of guys who were looking forward to running their first "big" race in trans am,I hope it doesn't hurt the turnout at the club races.I understand the time situation its just a shame we can't fit both in.

well Dirla will be solo..no VTA..wow!:batman: