Lucky you!

Do not hesitate to share pics or .... an offer to me !!!!😚
Old 11-19-2015, 09:15 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Pro10freak
Lucky you!

Do not hesitate to share pics or .... an offer to me !!!!😚
working on getting stuff out to take photos. hope my sunday.
Old 11-23-2015, 01:27 AM
Tech Apprentice

Hi guys!

Finally my own built PRO10 car is ready! I made a prototype of that and tested all this past summer. Well, what can I say, realize that costed me about 450€, like an Xray T4, but what a satisfaction! Is so beauty that on track everybody where looking it like was a Ferrari, moreover it goes very fast and is very easy to drive. Another important thing is that it demonstrated it's strenght, never broken something, apart a kingpin.
Here in pictures is only the chassis designed by me, the complete car as crc suspension and side shocks, losi central shock and vbc axle.
All this only for passion, so free to call me mad :-)
Attached Thumbnails Pro 10: 235mm Le Mans Prototype Pan Car Discussion-vista1.jpg   Pro 10: 235mm Le Mans Prototype Pan Car Discussion-vista3.jpg  
JeepPower likes this.
Old 11-23-2015, 03:15 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Originally Posted by RC_LMP1
Hi guys!

Finally my own built PRO10 car is ready! I made a prototype of that and tested all this past summer. Well, what can I say, realize that costed me about 450€, like an Xray T4, but what a satisfaction! Is so beauty that on track everybody where looking it like was a Ferrari, moreover it goes very fast and is very easy to drive. Another important thing is that it demonstrated it's strenght, never broken something, apart a kingpin.
Here in pictures is only the chassis designed by me, the complete car as crc suspension and side shocks, losi central shock and vbc axle.
All this only for passion, so free to call me mad :-)
Looks very nice!
- Standard screws for the CRC prostrut? Arent they sunk down screws?
- What material do yoy use for the front bumper? Also CF or something else?

Greetz,
Dirk
Old 11-23-2015, 04:36 AM
Tech Apprentice

The screws for the pro-strut are standard.
In summary:
- all the screws are crc in inches
- bumper and all other plates in CF high quality made in Italy
- motor mounts red by crc
- wheelbase adjustable from 253 to 273 mm
- rear track width from 232 to 238 mm
- now I use VBC axle, but it can fit also IRS
- front track width from 218 to 225 mm
- rear dynamic toe in adjustement system (like ars xray) patented
- side shocks or tubes can be used

Theese the main features of the car. I make it run with Blitz P908 body and 4.5T star motor. UFRA wheels.
Old 11-23-2015, 04:40 AM
Tech Apprentice

To realize the chassis in picture I have spent about 290€. Then I bought the suspension, shoks and axle.
Old 11-23-2015, 05:59 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 37 (100%+)

Originally Posted by RC_LMP1
- rear dynamic toe in adjustement system (like ars xray) patented
First, let me say that you have created a beautiful chassis!

A solid axle can't have dynamic toe. The term we usually use is "rear steer". "Toe" is a difference between the angles of the two rear wheels, viewed from above; on a solid axle, that's always zero.
Old 11-23-2015, 06:10 AM
Tech Apprentice

Howard,

we are saying the same thing. Because the effect of rear steering is "pull inside" the external wheel wile cornering. The same effect of dynamic toe in. If we speak properly we can not say even "rear steering" because steering means that the wheels are turning around an independent axle (the king pin) and this is not the case, because the entire solid axle rotates around the vertical axis passig by the center pivot.
So, properly is not dynamic toe but also not rear steering, if we speak in "pancar" language we are both two right my friend!

Thank you very very much for compliments. It mean a lot for me. :-)
Old 11-23-2015, 07:11 AM
Tech Apprentice

In my opinion the standard side link system with rear steering is better than V-Link. I thought to realize that for my car, but I saw that the advantages are not more than the penalities. I mean: on one side we have adjustable roll center and traction improovement, but on the other side we have: all the forces of traction and brake given by the motor are discharged only on the links; more complicated system; more weight; more moving parts;battery mounted more forward to make space for the V links.

I considered, moreover, that independently how you set the roll center position by opening or closing the angle of V, it changes while car is rolling! So the roll center position of car flat is not the same as the car rolls, so the system works in a dynamic way which is a little bit harder to set than we initially can think.
Old 11-23-2015, 07:48 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Great looking chassis
Some very nice solutions on the side links department
A question, what made you use these motorpod plates and not the one from the new F1 that are seamless in hight adjustment?
You had these in the house and wanted to keep the costs down?
You did a great job on the car.
I salute you

Regards Roy
Old 11-23-2015, 08:42 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by howardcano
First, let me say that you have created a beautiful chassis!

A solid axle can't have dynamic toe. The term we usually use is "rear steer". "Toe" is a difference between the angles of the two rear wheels, viewed from above; on a solid axle, that's always zero.
Are people using this feature?

How it is used? On high grip?
Old 11-23-2015, 09:39 AM
Tech Apprentice

@Roy - I prefered the standard motor mounts because the SE version is too expansive and in my opinion poorly useful, because with the eccentric bushings you can make the height easly and you are sure that the axle is aligned perfectly.
Cost is high, I know, but I don't care because the quality of carbon fiber is "Over the Top" (Great Sly!) and it is made in Italy. Looking it by real is better then in renderings. I wanted a car with no compromises and I could say to did that, so the cost/quality fraction is still low.

@Airwave - this fine tuning option is used when you need more traction on corner exit while accelerating.
Old 11-23-2015, 09:46 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 37 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Airwave
Are people using this feature?

How it is used? On high grip?
I have never used it on any car, be it pan or full suspension, as it adversely affects straight-line tracking on a bumpy track. XRay recently added the option to do this on their TC chassis, so you might find out more about it on those threads. From what I gather, it hasn't been very popular-- just like it wasn't very popular on the BMT 1/8 IC cars many years ago (though that may been due to poor execution), and on real Porsches many years before that (in the 1970's).

I believe it is sometimes used in oval racing, but I don't know what conditions warrant it since oval is only an occasional diversion for me.

RC_LMP1's observation seems valid.

Last edited by howardcano; 11-23-2015 at 01:21 PM. Reason: Corrected "executuon" to "execution".
Old 11-23-2015, 10:05 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

The VIP Vorlon uses it also with it's V-link and it works great.
You can change it using a shim under the front ball of the side link.
@RC_LMP1.....On the P235SE we use the IRS podplates that uses the same "eggs" as CRC uses.
On the Vorlon the steppless height adjustment is used and it works great.
It is different then the new CRC type tho.

Kind Regards Roy
Old 11-23-2015, 10:23 AM
Tech Apprentice

Be careful Roy, because you must add shims to the back of side link, otherwise you will make the external wheel toe out! And you will loose traction. This is the raeson of my solution with the links mounted upside down at the front side.
I tryed with links flat and angled (so with no rear steering and than with it) and the difference is significant. Try to discover :-).
Yes the VIP system for rear height is different and better than crc SE, Tobias knows what he do.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.