Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree1568Likes

Pro 10: 235mm Le Mans Prototype Pan Car Discussion

Search this Thread

Old 05-12-2015, 01:57 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Oh I see... When I bought the kit from Tobias, I kindly ask him if he could include the 2015 versions. So that means I have a wider pod... So what solution do I have?

Should I go with a "no-offset right hub"?
http://muddslidemotorsports.com/oncedihud2.html

Just for information, could you please give me the different width of the pods (2014 and 2015)?

Thanks.
Old 05-12-2015, 02:06 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Do you have the carbon lower pod plate or the alloy one?
If it is the carbon one it is 4MM wider then the "older" alloy one.
You can do 2 things if you got the wider pod.
Get the 2014 version rearpod(upper and lower and rear brace) or go for the other hubs.
Whatever suits you right

Regards Roy
Old 05-12-2015, 02:18 PM
Tech Elite

When you talk about the other hubs, are talking about the one I put in my previous post?
So this one:

instead of this one:

Do I have to change also the left hub?

There are some pictures:
Old 05-12-2015, 02:33 PM
Tech Elite

You got the new 2015 wide rearpod that is perfect for mod racing.
You can use the first right hub that is in the first pic and you can use the shorter left hub and then space it till you get it perfect or leave the left hub without spacers and just get the right hub.
On these bearing holders you can use the flange bearings without any problem.
If you use normall bearing you will get into trouble as the don't stay in.
They will be pushed inside when you slip in the axle
Hope this makes sense to you?
Why are you using TC shocks for the side?
The CRC encore shocks with springs are perfect for the job and are lighter
Also the VBC shocks look great and i think i am going to try them out soon as they don't have rebound

Regards Roy
PS check the front it should be around 224mm wide with tires on
Old 05-12-2015, 02:49 PM
Tech Elite

I totally understand the point with the flanged bearings. I was not clear enough. I was meaning a drilling for the bearing to be totally inserted in the pod, the flange too. But there is no problem.

Despite the fact that they are heavier, the TC shocks are way more constant and way easier to setup that dampers or CRC encore dampers. And using side-springs seem to be easier to obtain a flat pod. I'm new to this category but it seems to be the mood when I consult local pancar drivers...

I'll make some tests, but I keep you POV in my head, as you are more experimented than me...

Did you already think about using T-shox on your pancar? Is the vertical angle of the side shocks very important? I suppose that side shocks shouldn't be totally horizontal... Am I right?
Old 05-12-2015, 03:00 PM
Tech Elite

Joost and Tobias are even more in experimenting then i
Never thought of using the T-shocks for center shocks.
CRC encore aren't consistant??
Howcome?
They are a smaller version of a TC shock
I normally use a 12R5 damper for the side dampening on my pancars but i bought the CRC shocks with the car.
The VBC shock is like the 12R5 shock from Associated with no rebound but with more alloy parts and seals so it should be better in theory
Check link---> http://www.fast-webshop.com/tonispor...ssoc-R5-series
Also side shocks with springs work perfect and can be setup easely.
Start with Asso blue on them
Now i am off to bed as it is midnight.
Talk to you soon.

Regards Roy
Old 05-13-2015, 04:35 AM
Tech Elite

I must admit that this VBC shock is pretty impressive... I'll give it a try... it really seems like a mini touring shock, and from my experience, when the displacement is minimal, a large volume of oil is better (that's why we are using big bore shocks on tourings when we encounter very high grip (small chassis clearance, small droop, hard oil, etc.). By the way, I'll give it a try, I love to experiment things on my cars.

By the way I will start with my Tshox, as it is their last chance to prove their "99€ utility"... They are totally useless in touring, but I've read that Tobias is using rebound spring, it mades me think immediately about the t-shox...

Thank you for all your advices. That's a pleasure to see people sharing their knowledge. ^^
Old 05-13-2015, 11:59 AM
Tech Fanatic

@Airwave...

You have the bearing holders mounted wrong. You mixed left and right.
If you look (on your car) on the inside of the bearing holders, you see a small spot machined in them.
This spot should be facing outwards.
If you do this you could probably mount bearings without flange.
The 2015 pod is 4mm wider than the aluminum 2014 pod. I have no idea which hubs you should use with this pod.
Maybe Tobias knows...

There are shocks enough on the market which will work fine. Just take what you think is good.

Only thing is, when you are using small side springs and you want to check/set tweak you have to remove the side shocks. Because they now work the same as tubes on a 12th scale.

With side shocks with springs. You can check/set tweak on the car with everything mounted because the complete shock determins tweak.

Better to leave those tiny side springs which you can only lose on a high speed modified Pro10 race and get a good set of side springs that fit the shocks.
Better take a quality side shock like the CRC or the Silva HPS2. The 12th scale shock from hot-bodies is also good. If build well, they are great!!!
Old 05-13-2015, 12:58 PM
Tech Initiate

For the normal Kit and 2015 Kit you can use the same Rearaxle. The Pod is totaly 4mm wider. 2mm each side. So, Offset is the same

The machined pin is for right and left site. The Holders are the same, but produced as left and right side. But it works also like you mounted. But non flanged bearings are not possible. Only flanged.

For sideshocks, i prefer "small" shocks, like all twelve scale shocks. Big TC Shocks only for central.

About T-Shox i have no experience, but they can mounted only with modifications, becuase the top has no real eye to mount it directly.
Old 05-14-2015, 05:33 AM
Tech Elite

Guys, I'm sorry to be such a noob...

There are picture of the sliding bearing holders on my Vorlon. These are the IRS dedicated holders.

I can see the small spot, but as they are symmetrical...

Just a small picture just to be sure this is the 2015 pod:

Do these measurements seem correct to you, because once the wheel are fixed, I'm way over 235mm... and the offset of the wheel is wrong...

By the way I've ordered the short IRS right hub, so...
Old 05-14-2015, 07:30 AM
Tech Initiate

Yes the Axleholder are symetrical, but produced as left and right side. Thatīs the reason of the point, but is ok.

For your wide and offset:

With the 2015 Kit my Rearend is round about 240mm wide with the Corally Axle.

In your pic your right Hub have a Offset of 43,53mm. My Corally have 42,35mm.

So your right side is 1,2mm wider.

Your left side have 17,34mm and my Corally 19,3mm.
Here is my side 1,96mm wider.

To make your axle right in the Offset you have to Shim the left side ~3.1mm.
At the End your rear Axle have round about 243mm wide.

I donīt know which IRS Hub is the right, but i heard from other drivers they are using the IRS Axle the shim only 1mm on the left side for right Offset.

Other solution that i see: on both sides the short Hubs and a Bearing pipe as shim on the right side. The driver said me he was directly in the middle with the Offset with a wide of 226mm, but with the normal Kit. For your wider Kit will be the best choice to going to a wide with 230mm at the End.

This 2 soluitons are the only one that i know for the IRS Axle.

I hope i could help.

Tobias
Old 05-14-2015, 09:07 AM
Tech Fanatic

Tobias,

Just be aware that with your new 2015 rear pod the car is NOT legal for the Dutch Pro10 rules.
And there may be other countries that have 235mm as maximum rear width. Also with the track width of the front and rear on the new 2015 car, most stock electric dedicated bodies will not fit. The Nissan P35 (protoform/corally), the Protoform Peugeot 905B MD/HD and maybe the new Saxo body will not fit a car that is more than 235mm wide.

Please keep that in mind. It is maybe better to keep a slightly smaller rear pod with the possibility of making it wider through placing shims instead of delivering the car at maximum width that might not be legal in the Netherlands and other countries...

Just my 2 cents & concerns Tobias...
Old 05-14-2015, 11:03 AM
Tech Elite

Thank you Tobias.

The other problem with the IRS axle and the 2015 pod is that the axle is pretty short... On the left side, the axle is only 9.3mm long... How many mm for your Corally axle?
Old 05-14-2015, 12:29 PM
Tech Initiate

Joost, that is right and donīt worry
In Our rules are 250mm wide maximum. Wide and length rolls

So the 2015 Kit is only a option! Not normal shipped in the Kit. The Kit will shipped with the "old" one with normal wide. My wide is 237mm with Corally wheels and 240mm with GRP (2015 Kit)

With Corally Axle i have 18mm on the left side.
Old 05-14-2015, 12:45 PM
Tech Elite

Still long enough that it is right true the left hub
Car is about 244MM wide at the rear and 224 at the front.
This is with Corally front end and Corally rear axle with BSR rims.

Regards Roy

Originally Posted by Airwave
Thank you Tobias.

The other problem with the IRS axle and the 2015 pod is that the axle is pretty short... On the left side, the axle is only 9.3mm long... How many mm for your Corally axle?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.