Search
Like Tree9Likes

3racing F109

Search this Thread

Old 11-29-2011, 10:39 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 32 (97%+)

Originally Posted by scootr117
I'm changing over to 21.5 brushless from a silvercan....what is a roll out range to start at for a medium indoor carpet track. I'm just looking to get in the ball park for the gearing for the Rev-tech 21.5.

Thanks.....Scooter
Im running currently 19/75 and it comes off ice cold. Was running 23/75 and it was a bit warm, maybe in the 120's. Im going to try a 21/75 as the 19 didnt have the top end punch of the 23 and the 23 didnt have the acceleration of the 19.
Old 11-30-2011, 05:16 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

I was at my LHS today and they have some upgrade parts for the F109. Are there any upgrades that are really beneficial?
Old 11-30-2011, 05:31 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by scootr117
I'm changing over to 21.5 brushless from a silvercan....what is a roll out range to start at for a medium indoor carpet track. I'm just looking to get in the ball park for the gearing for the Rev-tech 21.5.

Thanks.....Scooter
I run the same gearing in the 21.5 as the silver can

Originally Posted by Delawareguy
I was at my LHS today and they have some upgrade parts for the F109. Are there any upgrades that are really beneficial?
aluminum castor block. and titanium turnbuckles.

The stock plastic castor block cracks pretty easily. So the aluminum is the way to go there. I changed to a fixed F103 front end after a while. No adjustments on it, but its done well. And the carbon reinforced version is almost bullet proof. And cheap.

Also CRC side springs. Pretty much it, none of it is a must have, but they are nice, and do improve the car.

Here is list of what I've added
F103 fixed arms- composite
Titanium links front and sides
CRC side spring mod
steel rear axle
Clamp on Left wheel hub
3racing aluminum steering blocks
Associated 1/12 front springs .020-.024

To show you how tough the front end is here is a video where I crash a lot. (normal)

I stripped a spur at the 5 minute mark. But front end was OK. I'm the red and white car that crashes a lot. Had a bad day man.

http://youtu.be/CZuvB9Vdh9A
Old 12-01-2011, 07:58 PM
Tech Adept

I'm almost finished building my 109 but I think I have a problem. I'm using a standard servo so I followed the appropriate directions regarding how to mount it. The ball ends that attach to the servo saver are rubbing the servo mount. Is this a common problem and how do I get rid of it?

I also received my wheels and tires from TQ Racing today. Talk about fast shipping. I haven't looked that closely so this may be a dumb question but how do you glue rubber tires to foam rims? Do I use the foam inserts?
Old 12-01-2011, 10:02 PM
Tech Master

I'm almost finished building my 109 but I think I have a problem. I'm using a standard servo so I followed the appropriate directions regarding how to mount it. The ball ends that attach to the servo saver are rubbing the servo mount. Is this a common problem and how do I get rid of it?

I also received my wheels and tires from TQ Racing today. Talk about fast shipping. I haven't looked that closely so this may be a dumb question but how do you glue rubber tires to foam rims? Do I use the foam inserts?

Either move the servo farther forward, or lean it back at an angle a bit. I got my tires from TQ today as well. They always impress. Use the foam inserts, yes. As for gluing the tires on to foam rims, I'm not the one that can help there. Only done it once, and didn't do it very well. Some where in this post Some one explains it pretty well.

Also when you run that thing the first time, might ought to dial down your steering rate a bunch. I run with 55-70% steering.
Old 12-02-2011, 06:31 AM
Tech Elite

Default UF1 Series

UF1 Winter Series
2nd Race will be this Saturday...
Doors open at 10AM....
Qualifying at 12...

http://uf1series.com/
Old 12-02-2011, 10:17 AM
Tech Adept

Last question... I hope. How do you attach the nose cone to the body? CA glue?
Old 12-02-2011, 10:31 AM
Tech Master

Double sided tap or Shoe Goo.
Old 12-08-2011, 07:31 PM
Tech Regular

So I just bought one of these that used and prebuilt but never ran, I'm totally new to F1 cars. I am not racing this was just going to have some fun with it on some smooth surfaces. Im going to pull some parts from my other cars to make it run. My plan is to have a quick little car

I got a few questions tho.

I'm going to run a brushless setup I have a 4 pole 4600kv castle motor out of my hpi stadium truck. its a 540 size motor, will the diff be able to hold up ? Plans are to do some speed runs nothing to crazy just 3s lipo

How many teeth is the Spur gear 75 I think i read somewhere?

How large of a pinion can I run with the stock mount? 36?

Last question is it 48p or 66p?
Old 12-09-2011, 02:12 AM
Tech Regular

Last question... I hope. How do you attach the nose cone to the body? CA glue?
I use double sided carpet tape...nice and thin. It can get a bit of a bashing, and taping it means it will just fall off rather than rip in a shunt.

If you are using the F109 fonr wing then it can help to cut the nose cone shorter. That way the wing will hit the barrier first, rather than the nose cone.

Hope that helps,
Mark
Old 12-09-2011, 02:21 AM
Tech Regular

Repeating some of the previous replies...

The alloy caster adjuster is the key upgrade for the F109. The stock plastic part can break in the thinner sections if you have a heavy shunt.

The CRC side spring mod doesn't use F109 upgrade parts, but is a big help with side to side movement. I've used Associated side springs but used the same basic approach. Details are covered earlier in this thread, and seen lots of references to how to do it.

I'd also recommend running 1/12th front springs rather than the F109 kit. And as the F109 centre shock is the same dimensions as a 1/10th Touring Car kit, then Touring car springs fit it fine. I've been running 14lbs and 16lbs springs on it.

I have a wide range of 64dp spur and pinion gears. To run that spur you'd need the white plastic F109 spur gear adapter.

I'm still running kit tyres. I have got the stronger side links but these reallt aren't essential in my view.

Hope that helps
Mark
Old 12-10-2011, 11:07 AM
Tech Initiate

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by namewasdallas
So I just bought one of these that used and prebuilt but never ran, I'm totally new to F1 cars. I am not racing this was just going to have some fun with it on some smooth surfaces. Im going to pull some parts from my other cars to make it run. My plan is to have a quick little car

I got a few questions tho.

I'm going to run a brushless setup I have a 4 pole 4600kv castle motor out of my hpi stadium truck. its a 540 size motor, will the diff be able to hold up ? Plans are to do some speed runs nothing to crazy just 3s lipo

How many teeth is the Spur gear 75 I think i read somewhere?

How large of a pinion can I run with the stock mount? 36?

Last question is it 48p or 66p?
if you run with that motor you will hate your car and give up on it quickly. if your just going fun running with it i recomend a 21.5 or a 17.5 and some rubber tires for asphalt. the gears are 64p you'll have to mess around with the gearing depending on where you run.
have fun, i bash mine at work in the smooth parking lot all the time/ be aware they handle very poorly on un preped surfaces.
Old 12-16-2011, 12:16 AM
Tech Elite

Default UF1 Series

3rd round of the UF1 Winter Series this Saturday in Chino California...
Doors open at 10AM...
Qualifying begins at 12 noon...

Hideo Kitazawa is flying over from Japan to join us... Hard core baby !

http://uf1series.com/index.html

http://uf1series.com/_gallery/UF1Girls1.html
Old 12-16-2011, 01:08 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by lightfoot
3rd round of the UF1 Winter Series this Saturday in Chino California...
Doors open at 10AM...
Qualifying begins at 12 noon...

Hideo Kitazawa is flying over from Japan to join us... Hard core baby !

http://uf1series.com/index.html

http://uf1series.com/_gallery/UF1Girls1.html
I think it is time for uf1serie to have their own thread hera at rctech.

Maybe you could shoot som e video of the finals?

Last edited by tudor_47; 12-16-2011 at 01:35 AM.
Old 12-16-2011, 07:57 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by tudor_47
I think it is time for uf1serie to have their own thread hera at rctech.
We kinda use this thread ( http://www.rctech.net/forum/californ...ll-so-cal.html )

But I do spam all the F1 related threads before each race sorry for the junk mail...

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.