Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Rotor magnet test I-Gauss or others

Search this Thread

Old 12-06-2013, 10:40 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

I should add that it's not just rotor strength that matters and that diameter is the other big consideration. In my list the stock X12 mod rotor 12.5mm rotor is very close to the 12.0mm works team rotor strength but they are two completely different animals out on track. The 12.0 works rotor seems to have about the same bottom end but a huge top end rush that the larger rotor doesn't have.

Also keep in mind that the stock spec and 1s rotor have the 7.25mm shaft that's legal for spec classes. All the other rotors have a 5mm shaft size.
Old 12-06-2013, 02:24 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

No wonder I've been overgearing my Novaks to get any heat&speed out of them ! LoL..... I am now at 3.4375fdr while others run 4.0fdr ...wow..... I guess that's the way it is........ I might have to dip to 2.92fdr to 3.1fdr on bigger tracks too.... Down the straight it looks like I'm running boost....lol........ I hope the other racers don't get too mad......ahahah.....
Originally Posted by hana166
I've got one of those fact machines. Very good.

Interesting to note the difference in strength for N and S showing if the rotor is balanced. Balanced is good.

I run boosted so whether the rotor is 1190 (Novak) or 1930 (Graupner) it doesn't make a huge difference to outright performance if you are able to find the ultimate timing map.

As a note my experience (in 13.5 TC) is whilst stronger magnets produce torque, they do not accept a lot of timing well, particularly at the bottom end (LRP Graupner Corally) and can get very hot indeed, and fade, so yes they're quick but you can't push them as hard. Quite the opposite view from another poster.

I've got a Corally, 4 Graupners, 3 Novaks, 2 GM's. All are very quick on all layouts over 5 min with completely different rotor strengths, provided the timing map and gearing is spot on perfect.

The Novak with its weak 1190 gauss rotor runs relatively cool and can be pushed outrageously hard in terms of the timing map..get the rip by a combination of end bell timing, gearing and midrange timing map, then the weak rotor comes into its own on the straight giving massive top end..

On paper its rubbish..but its not. Its the fastest of the lot if you get it right according to the speed gun I used. Great motor. Sometimes racing makes no sense at all

Last edited by bertrandsv87; 12-06-2013 at 05:41 PM.
Old 03-23-2017, 07:47 PM
JAE
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 30 (100%+)

Edit - thought this was the off-road. My bad

Can anyone update Gauss numbers they are getting on the new gen of motors? So far, I've had

1: motiv mc2 - 1690 - motor lacked a little top end. Haven't spent enough time to gear it up but a beast with bottom end

2: Fantom V2r - 1670 (but with massive deviation of almost 10 points...) latest ones have been week at 1610-20 and Lacking bottom end despite good numbers comparatively

3: team scream - 1640 - but motor was ballistic in every respext

Anyone have numbers in the hi torque rotor of the monster? Like to see some new numbers from other manufacturers as strong rotors with short stacks seem to be a direction the manufacturers are heading in

Last edited by JAE; 03-23-2017 at 10:51 PM.
Old 03-25-2017, 09:22 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by JAE
Edit - thought this was the off-road. My bad

Can anyone update Gauss numbers they are getting on the new gen of motors? So far, I've had

1: motiv mc2 - 1690 - motor lacked a little top end. Haven't spent enough time to gear it up but a beast with bottom end

2: Fantom V2r - 1670 (but with massive deviation of almost 10 points...) latest ones have been week at 1610-20 and Lacking bottom end despite good numbers comparatively

3: team scream - 1640 - but motor was ballistic in every respext

Anyone have numbers in the hi torque rotor of the monster? Like to see some new numbers from other manufacturers as strong rotors with short stacks seem to be a direction the manufacturers are heading in
My Motiv MC1 was 1655, I haven't tested the MC2 yet.
I have got almost identical numbers when I tested the team scream "the 1"
The Fantom V2R were in the 1610-120 as well.
Team Powers Actinium V2 were in the 1652-1660 range.
Old 03-25-2017, 02:16 PM
JAE
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 30 (100%+)

Since someone responded..can you elaborate on the real world performance of those motors?ran the scream last night. Motorwise, I don't think anyone had a motor that could keep up.i was geared low at 69/29 to clear some triples others couldn't and was still pulling them down the straight.
Later I saw an R1 v15 which looked just as fast. I would say there was a pretty big gap between the scream and r1v15 then everything else.id like to pick up the r1v15 too

Originally Posted by Dino_D
My Motiv MC1 was 1655, I haven't tested the MC2 yet.
I have got almost identical numbers when I tested the team scream "the 1"
The Fantom V2R were in the 1610-120 as well.
Team Powers Actinium V2 were in the 1652-1660 range.
Old 04-11-2018, 08:38 AM
Tech Legend

Trader Rating: 294 (100%+)

do you feel the I-Gauss meter is worth getting in comparison to other meters out there?