Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Ask Todd Hodge..aka "Hodgimoto"

Search this Thread

Old 10-19-2004, 11:01 PM
TCR
Tech Addict

there's known glitch problems at crystal park. but who knows.

Greg I hope you have a glitch free worlds and good luck, good luck to everyone
Old 10-19-2004, 11:06 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)
Default Re: Re: Re: Hmmm!

Originally posted by Hodapp
I hope so Mark.......don't know what it is but I want to eliminate all possibilities. The Aussie guys said they would glitch at Crystal Park when the Losi guys were running and then they would wait until they were done and they had no problems. Dunno....we will see what happens.

I am not trying to cause problems......just trying to avoid them
I hear you. But in my expereince, with both US bands, I have not had problems with Spektrun units operating in the area.

The seperation in freq is big difference. I would be more worried about the steel container used for the drivers stand in FL than a person using a Spektrum.

Talk about radio havoc, put me near anything that is a steel structure for a drivers stand and things get a little hairy.

It was good to see that someone edited their post on the WC thread that had everyones radio freq posted. Now that could have been ugly.
Old 10-19-2004, 11:07 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)

Originally posted by TCR
there's known glitch problems at crystal park. but who knows.

Greg I hope you have a glitch free worlds and good luck, good luck to everyone
The interesting thing about that location is the proximity to Metrolink lines. There has to be some high power lines running next to that track.
Old 10-20-2004, 12:20 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

So Todd, have you had a chance to try out the Yokomo Stratus type E yet?
Old 10-20-2004, 07:31 AM
Tech Elite

Originally posted by T. Hodge
Rick-I believe it is whatever is legal in that members bloc. It is going to be legalized this week with ROAR. They are just waiting for the paperwork from the FCC.
It is not matter of this sytem interfering with others. It is a matter of every competitior begin subjected to the same possiblity of interference from outside sources.

It is not fair that a select few (or those using M8s) will have access top this new technology (it is better right?). Even if available to all, it is not fair to make it available so close to the event and at great expense.

Consider the protest already made.
Old 10-20-2004, 07:39 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

Originally posted by Rick Hohwart

It is not fair that a select few will have access top this new technology (it is better right?). Even if available to all, it is not fair to make it available so close to the event and at great expense.

not to get your goat Rick, but what makes this any differrent than a company bringing out a prototype car for the worlds?
Old 10-20-2004, 07:40 AM
Tech Rookie

It blows my mind that ROAR would even consider allowing the use of this system without their own extensive research of it. There is absolutely no way this should be allowed or thrown in as a " wait, all of the sudden, we have some more approved frequencies or technology that is now allowed".

If the worlds were being held in any other country this would not be happening.

I also agree with what hohwart said, it simply is not fair, and IFMAR and ROAR are in place to make sure that it is! ???
Old 10-20-2004, 07:52 AM
Tech Elite

Originally posted by Keith Billanti
not to get your goat Rick, but what makes this any differrent than a company bringing out a prototype car for the worlds?
This sytem does not conform to existing rules. And the rules are seemingly being changed at the last minute to accomodate it. I don't have a problem with the system itself. I have a problem with allowing it (by changing the rules) at this late a date.

Prototype cars are built within the rules - dimension, weight, etc. There are no rules against prototype cars.
Old 10-20-2004, 06:50 PM
Tech Regular

Originally posted by Rick Hohwart
Old 10-20-2004, 07:34 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)

Todd can you tell me if running the 41 diff pulley in front and 42 diff pulley in the rear, doesn't the front diff spin faster and what exactly does antidive do for the car? Thanks Todd!
Old 10-21-2004, 12:41 PM
TLRacing

Greg-Wow...this is the first that I have heard this glitching other people. Hesparia track is known to have glitches. I have glitched there a lot. I put different everything in and still had problems. I put the spektrum in and no glitches. I highly doubt if it was your radios that affected your radio. As for the Aussie guys at Crystal Park I did not know of this. I wish they would of told me.

cantona-Negative. This does not interfere with your radio...if that was the case your 2.4 GHZ cordless house phone would affect you when your running your car in the street.

FlameThrower-It is FCC approved...why should it not be legal to run.

ThadGarner-Whatever......if Hara had it you would be all for it.

Oh well if it not legal then no big deal....I think this is one of the greatest improvements in RC. Just think to be at a race and never have to worry about a frequency clip. That is truely awesome. If it is not legal next week it will be at the next race. I think by having it legal at the IFMAR Worlds would be a great proving ground for this system. It would be a perfect way to show it to everyone around the world.
Old 10-21-2004, 03:30 PM
TCR
Tech Addict

I think by having it legal at the IFMAR Worlds would be a great proving ground for this system. It would be a perfect way to show it to everyone around the world.
very true how can you argue with that.

Besides what better way to market it,
put,

World Champion

on the box
Old 10-21-2004, 07:00 PM
Tech Fanatic

I need to get in here and defend our track on the glitch issue. Yes it is true that we have had some issues, even I have had my personal car glitch but have cured the problem by moving equipment around or using other brands of equipment. I have tried just about every speed control and have found that if I run Brand A I glitch, now if I do no other changes other than install Brand B or Brand C the glitch is gone. This has also been the case with motors.

We are looking everywhere we can to locate someone to test the area of the track to find out if there is some RF interference and if so what can be done about it. But until then I am not going to lay blame on the track or certian electronics.
Old 10-21-2004, 08:13 PM
Tech Master

Location: A step closer to where I need to be a step further from where I was
Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

T.Hodge you got PM
Old 10-21-2004, 08:52 PM
Tech Regular

ThadGarner-Whatever......if Hara had it you would be all for it.
-My post includes a quote from Rick’s post. I respond with three laughing smiles.

Nowhere do I ever say that I’m going to protest anything. I was merely laughing at what Rick said.

On a side note: If Hara had it and there was a chance that a protest could be made that could jeopardize a qualifying round or main, I would suggest he goes the safe proven route. Because this is concerning a new technology that many are unfamiliar with, it will be blamed first for any glitching.

See ya in FL and Good luck.

-Thad

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.