Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Corally RDX Phi 09

Search this Thread

Old 07-19-2009, 11:41 AM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by crabboy
Some pics of racing today thanks to Mike Swann.

http://www.rctech.net/forum/6085457-post426.html

Rhys
Nice pics Rhys!
Is that how the car comes out of the box?
Any option parts on there?

You run the same speedo as me and it looks like just enough room for the electrics.
Old 07-19-2009, 12:22 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 39 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Toblerone
Nice pics Rhys!
Is that how the car comes out of the box?
Any option parts on there?

You run the same speedo as me and it looks like just enough room for the electrics.
Only option parts i can see is the alloy steering column and the TRF shocks. Rest looks standard.
Old 07-19-2009, 01:42 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by kid TT-01
Only option parts i can see is the alloy steering column and the TRF shocks. Rest looks standard.
There is also the mentioned spool and the rear swaybar.

How thik is the swaybar?
Old 07-19-2009, 01:59 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 39 (100%+)

Sorry missed those .

He has the Optional alloy spool and the front and rear sway bar set

The silver sway bars he has installed are the 1.3mm sway bars.
Old 07-19-2009, 06:18 PM
Tech Fanatic

hey folks.........

We've been running the car since last month here in Brazil........

The modified season will start from August, we just raced super stock.....

I ran the stock setup with 1.5 rear toe in and 19lbs front/ 14.5 lbs rear springs, 400 shock oil........(will post more detailed sheet later)

the car is great and has really improved from its previous version, better rotation and still nailed.............

I've designed a front spool, it's CNC machined and fits the car the same way as the oneways, so we can use the stock plastic mounts. It also features a direct drive designs, so needless to use driveshaft caps, the outdrives are hardened steel made with black finish to resist the corrosion. They connect to the aluminum piece through a 2mm pin, so when they can be replaced if needed...........The whole thing weighs only 3g more than the oneways

check out the pic (sorry for the bad pic, it was taken with my mobile)
Attached Thumbnails Corally RDX Phi 09-img0014.jpg  
Old 07-19-2009, 09:54 PM
Tech Adept

Default Assembly questions on the new Phi

I have been putting together the new Phi 09 today and have a number of questions.

When mounting the C hubs and screwing in the C-Hub ball screw and C-Hub screw, after tightening with all the spacers in the steering appears stiff. I only have 1 spacer on the top and 2 spacers on the bottom.

Is this normal?

The second issue I have is with the front belt. It appears very loose even when using the belt tensioner is there something I may have missed?

Thanks in advance.

Michael
Old 07-19-2009, 10:44 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Brian Bosley
That place is basically charging $450 for the car, and then shipping to usa for probably $40. I don't believe that we have to pay VAT if it leaves the country (19% sales tax over there!!)

You would have to want the kit pretty bad to not wait it out.

I'm going to have to get a better idea whats in the new car to decide if its really worthwhile but the chassis and bulkheads probably make the up the majority of the price of the kit.
There's a number of places over in Europe where they have it in stock (border shop in Holland is another one of them) and they seem to have the same price all over the EU (which is to be expected).
Converted to Australian dollars this comes to about 700AU$ which is about what Corally australia charges as opposed to kits imported by other companies (Tamiya, Xray, etc) which come a lot dearer in Australia when compared to the price overseas.

Prices in the US never reflect any pricing anywhere else. You guys have everything a lot cheaper than everybody else (save the HK shops but they don't have any of the american brands or very little). 370 Euros is not 450US$ no matter how you convert it. It should be more like 530US$ and that's without shipping!
Old 07-20-2009, 01:32 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 58 (98%+)

Hi Michael,

My kit was about the same, not stiff just a little firm, i have run it like that and it has freed up slightly and did not cause any problem.

My belts are the same, a little looser than i would normaly run but again i ran it as it was built and in mod the belt did not skip at all, it just the way it is.

One thing with the build that is worth the money is ceramic diff balls, the last a long time and the diff feels smooth after every rebuild.

Rhys

Originally Posted by miku
I have been putting together the new Phi 09 today and have a number of questions.

When mounting the C hubs and screwing in the C-Hub ball screw and C-Hub screw, after tightening with all the spacers in the steering appears stiff. I only have 1 spacer on the top and 2 spacers on the bottom.

Is this normal?

The second issue I have is with the front belt. It appears very loose even when using the belt tensioner is there something I may have missed?

Thanks in advance.

Michael
Old 07-20-2009, 01:35 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 58 (98%+)

The spools look sweet, you going to sell some if so let me know what there worth.

Rhys

Originally Posted by SalvadoriRacing
hey folks.........

We've been running the car since last month here in Brazil........

The modified season will start from August, we just raced super stock.....

I ran the stock setup with 1.5 rear toe in and 19lbs front/ 14.5 lbs rear springs, 400 shock oil........(will post more detailed sheet later)

the car is great and has really improved from its previous version, better rotation and still nailed.............

I've designed a front spool, it's CNC machined and fits the car the same way as the oneways, so we can use the stock plastic mounts. It also features a direct drive designs, so needless to use driveshaft caps, the outdrives are hardened steel made with black finish to resist the corrosion. They connect to the aluminum piece through a 2mm pin, so when they can be replaced if needed...........The whole thing weighs only 3g more than the oneways

check out the pic (sorry for the bad pic, it was taken with my mobile)
Old 07-20-2009, 02:30 AM
Tech Adept

The bearing holders from the Phi 07/08 will fit the Phi 09, the alloy bearing holder has a retainer cilp holding the bearing in so it can't come out, they would be the ones to run in the 09.

Rhys
Does the bearing holder clpis come along with the alloy bearing holder or do I need to order them along seperatly?
Old 07-20-2009, 05:01 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

You will need to order them seperately, the're very cheap though which is good
Old 07-20-2009, 06:00 AM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by B4james
You will need to order them seperately, the're very cheap though which is good
Thats good - i will need to spec those as a spool is pretty much the only way to go in the UK.

How do you RDX owners get on with the Torx screws? Did you need to get a special driver?
I may swap them for some normal hex head Ti screws.
Old 07-20-2009, 06:06 AM
Tech Adept

Torx screws works great, loving them.

There comes a driver with the kit.
Old 07-20-2009, 06:21 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Yep, don't change them

They work fantastic and have not stripped one yet, but have stripped plenty of normal hex ones in other cars.

They give you a sweet torque driver with the kit as mentioned
Old 07-20-2009, 06:29 AM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by B4james
Yep, don't change them

They work fantastic and have not stripped one yet, but have stripped plenty of normal hex ones in other cars.

They give you a sweet torque driver with the kit as mentioned
Thanks folks

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.