R/C Tech Forums

R/C Tech Forums (https://www.rctech.net/forum/)
-   Electric On-Road (https://www.rctech.net/forum/electric-road-2/)
-   -   1s Lipo Battery Options?? (https://www.rctech.net/forum/electric-road/302140-1s-lipo-battery-options.html)

Rick Hohwart 08-13-2009 09:30 AM

Originally Posted by InspGadgt (Post 6196652)
True 300mah won't be noticable, but it's also $10 more expensive and not in stock at Stormer. I do like the stepped case though. I'll have to check if it will fit in my chassis. Do you know if it will be legal at IIC?

It will be legal.

CREWMAN 08-14-2009 10:15 AM

does anyone know if my checkpoint tc-1030 cgarger will charge a 1s lipo? i know this charger charges lipos but since you dont have to match this lipo i wasnt sure if i still needed to buy the match otption for this charger. im planning on putting one in my 1/12. Just have never done lipo before and i didnt know if i have to buy the lipo matcher fo lipo to work with this charger/

j manikis 08-14-2009 10:26 AM

Originally Posted by CREWMAN (Post 6204659)
does anyone know if my checkpoint tc-1030 cgarger will charge a 1s lipo? i know this charger charges lipos but since you dont have to match this lipo i wasnt sure if i still needed to buy the match otption for this charger. im planning on putting one in my 1/12. Just have never done lipo before and i didnt know if i have to buy the lipo matcher fo lipo to work with this charger/

works perfect its what i use

EricF 08-14-2009 12:07 PM

crewman-
you don't need the balancer to do the 1s pack... it's only one cell:weird:, there's nothing to balance:lol:
E

abailey21 08-14-2009 12:18 PM

Originally Posted by EricF (Post 6205104)
crewman-
you don't need the balancer to do the 1s pack... it's only one cell:weird:, there's nothing to balance:lol:
E

HAHAHAHA I've had that same question...with the same answer

InspGadgt 08-14-2009 01:13 PM

Originally Posted by Rick Hohwart (Post 6200097)
It will be legal.

Cool thanks...now just to make sure it will fit in my chassis.

myrxseven 08-15-2009 01:52 PM

Originally Posted by EricF (Post 6205104)
crewman-
E

This also kind of worries me, since the actual power output is equivilant to 1s. There is 2-4 actual cells inside these 1s lipos. Hopefully someday we will be able to balance even these.

wingracer 08-15-2009 02:08 PM

Originally Posted by Gavin Creado (Post 6197936)
I need to talk with Ruben from ROAR regarding our saddle pack since there are no real rules at the moment.

Well, the nice thing about being the first to make one is that you get to set the rule. SMC had it all their way with the brick pack but you have a clean slate for saddles. It sounds like you worked hard to keep it in line with the performance of the bricks so approval should be ok.

Shawn68z 08-15-2009 02:11 PM

Originally Posted by myrxseven (Post 6208650)
This also kind of worries me, since the actual power output is equivilant to 1s. There is 2-4 actual cells inside these 1s lipos. Hopefully someday we will be able to balance even these.

When cells are connected in parrallel you dont have to balance them. They are already balanced, and can not become unbalanced.

The interesting thing is by having more then 1 battery in parrallel you reduce the IR in the battery pack. Could allow saddle pack 1S lipos to have more rip then a single cell lipo.

Shawn.

wingracer 08-15-2009 02:13 PM

Originally Posted by Shawn68z (Post 6208690)
The interesting thing is by having more then 1 battery in parrallel you reduce the IR in the battery pack. Could allow saddle pack 1S lipos to have more rip then a single cell lipo.

Shawn.

Except, none of these packs (brick or saddle) are single cell. They ALL have 2 or 4 cells in parallel.

myrxseven 08-15-2009 02:38 PM

Originally Posted by Shawn68z (Post 6208690)
When cells are connected in parrallel you dont have to balance them. They are already balanced, and can not become unbalanced.

Shawn.

Thanks for that, I did not know that. Another thing I love about changing technology is that there is always something new to learn.

scribbler 08-15-2009 10:51 PM

For those that have already been using the 1 cell lipo's in 1/12 scale, do you need a hard shell pack?

And, can you use the Spektrum Capacitor that plugs into your reciever, or do you definitly need get the Novak smart booster, or an extra reciever pack?

Thanks

Casper 08-15-2009 10:56 PM

A cap will only stableize the voltage it will not boost it. Most track will require a hard shell for safety and ROAR always requires it. The novak booster, TQ booster or a reciever pack is highly recommended other wise the servo gets sluggish although a lot of 2.4 recievers can deal with the low voltage.

chris moore 08-15-2009 10:58 PM

Originally Posted by scribbler (Post 6209912)
For those that have already been using the 1 cell lipo's in 1/12 scale, do you need a hard shell pack?

And, can you use the Spektrum Capacitor that plugs into your reciever, or do you definitly need get the Novak smart booster, or an extra reciever pack?

Thanks

The only 1s packs are hard cased as required by ROAR, no option there. You have to use a rec pack or booster of some kind, the cap will not resolve the low voltage issue.

JFCJ 08-16-2009 08:59 AM

reciever pack

For the 1s lipo pack, what receiver pack are people using for 1/12? and where are you getting them? online or making them yourself?

Thanks in advance.