Wiki Posts
Search

LRP SXX TC SPEC

Search this Thread

Old 08-04-2009, 01:36 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 52 (100%+)

Burito,

My apologies if this has been covered earlier in this thread, but what are the differences between the Sxx and Sxx TC Spec? Are the software profiles the same between the two models?

Thanks,
James
Old 08-04-2009, 11:14 PM
Tech Addict

@jonest: I assume you run TC, correct? If so, I'd start with profile 5 and lowest motor timing (e.g. "oooo" insert) and then increase from there and check motor temperatures (they should be below 90°C).

@jamesarluck: yes, software is the same on both SXX versions (80900 + 80950). Main difference is the better cooling on SXX TC spec between the two.
Old 08-05-2009, 02:12 AM
Tech Rookie

Default Running the latest x12 9.5T or 4000kv with LRP ESC

Hi, Reto.

I am a happy user of SXX TC spec, and had been using it to race with 8.5T(approx 4000kv) with decent results. And after reading the other SPX stock spec thread and this one, if I may ask a few questions:

1) How much difference will I see between the profile 6 on SPX stock spec and and profile 10 on SXX for racing 8.5T(~4000kv), running 2s lipo?
I've seen you mentioned SPX stock spec profile 6 is 'similar' to Sphere TC spec profile 8, and SXX profile 10 is 'similar' to Sphere TC spec profile 8....

2) For the latest LRP 9.5T(3900kv) BL motor, what would you recommend me to use(SPX stock spec or SXX) and what will be the highest profile you'd recommend to run with each of them(2s lipo)?

3) Approx. what is the fastest motor(in T or kv) will you recommend to use with a SPX stock spec profile 6 and 7/8 given correct gearing can be achieved for a certain track/condition(2s lipo)?

Thank you in advance!

Last edited by Aurora; 08-05-2009 at 06:07 AM. Reason: more info
Old 08-05-2009, 08:07 AM
Tech Master

[QUOTE=burito;6163377
@jamesarluck: yes, software is the same on both SXX versions (80900 + 80950). Main difference is the better cooling on SXX TC spec between the two.[/QUOTE]

Hey Reto, Any upgrades to make the SXX to a TC spec??
Old 08-05-2009, 08:14 AM
Super Moderator

Trader Rating: 239 (100%+)

Originally Posted by burito
@jonest: I assume you run TC, correct? If so, I'd start with profile 5 and lowest motor timing (e.g. "oooo" insert) and then increase from there and check motor temperatures (they should be below 90°C).

@jamesarluck: yes, software is the same on both SXX versions (80900 + 80950). Main difference is the better cooling on SXX TC spec between the two.
will the same profile work on the 5.5 motor?
Old 08-16-2009, 12:45 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Ok, let's play fair...
In 2008 I've used LRP Sphere TC Spec, with LRP 4.5 in Mod Class, with lipo and foams (Italian way to race, also on asphalt...). I was more than happy with this combo, except for a fact.... unreliable.

The first one toast after 4 laps (Magnet from the rotor explode and the esc also suffer). Promptly replaced by the distributor...
The second one last six races. Simply non function at all... Once again "almost" promptly replaced by the distributor.
Ther third one last about 3 races. Once again motor and esc died. The only shame is that was September 2008... and since then I'm waiting for a replacement... Last time I've been told would be "September...".

And before you ask, gearing was discuss on some private mail with Burito and nothing was wrong.

Ok, having said so.

Fact 1:
I was on track with few fellow racer who are in the 10.5 with SPX. Despite being used from 1/10IC, is perfecly suited for the electric.

I was there with my Losi, a X11 4.5 LRP, and Tekin Rs Pro, with the latest soft (note: the esc is the same since October 2008... )

Lap times were good enough and they had a laser gun, I was clocked at 77kmh and the 10.5 was clocked at 74kmh.

Fact 2
At the recent Italians, with a massive straight, the 6.5 class was clocked at 84kmh and the 80-81Kmh the 10.5.

Fact 3
At the last race I've done, in mod class, only 4 guys were able to run in 20 laps (me being one of the 4 ).
Motors involved were Tekin 4.5 (me), then Feigao 4 and 4.5, last Novak 4.5.
The "bad guys" were all on Blue equipment, who with the SXX, who with the Sphere TC. To someone I was missing punch, to some I was missing speed...

Now... I start to wonder... is the SXX a real advantage?
Is some one coming from similar motors, say "Yes, use this, there is a real plus" or, even better, say "Reliability is not longer an issue...".

Thanks!!!
Old 08-18-2009, 02:17 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Anyone?
Old 08-18-2009, 05:04 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Well... IMHO, on bigger tracks the 'increased' punch capabilities do not really make that much of a difference. On smaller tracks or tracks with a tighter infield or a lot of 'stop go' style corners, the difference is mroe noticable.

I have used SP, LRP, Losi ESCs, and on a wide open track the only difference I have found is the braking capabilities (assuming all geared for the same SPEED). On a tighter track, punch out of corners is a combination of FDR and settings on the ESC. At my local carpet track (rubber) (basketball court sized) in the 10.5 class, the FDRs range from 6.2:1 to 5.75:1. Top 4 guys are geared different, and have different punch settings on the ESCs. One is running an SPX, 2 are running the SXX TC, and I was running either the SP or Losi (but have since switched to SXX TC).

My 2c.....
Old 08-24-2009, 05:28 AM
Tech Elite

What is the Lipo cut off voltage with this SXX? Ever since I m using it my lipo swell a bit. Today I tested it all out and just to make sure the cut off is there, to my surprise it didn't. After 6 mins of hard driving my car gradually slowing down but not stopping...I pushed it again until it crawled to the pit area. Shouldn't the cut off be activated by then? I picked up my car and can see my Lipo swell a bit. After that I checked my Lipo with my charger and again surprisingly the voltage read 5.75V. Which I think was below normal Lipo minimun V before it swell...And yes I do set it to mode 1 #1 (Lipo/NiMh Automatic) and to make sure I check and recheck the mode a few times already. Apart from that I m really happy with the performance of this ESC. BTW I m running TC Mod.

Anybody can answer this? Or Burito are you here?!
Old 08-24-2009, 05:47 AM
Tech Addict

@dameetz: that seems strange, the cut-off is in the 6.0V region but it depends a bit on the used motor and battery!
Can you let me know the ESC settings you use, the motor you run and also the battery type?
I'd like to understand your application better first.
Old 08-24-2009, 05:58 AM
Super Moderator

Trader Rating: 239 (100%+)

Originally Posted by dameetz
What is the Lipo cut off voltage with this SXX? Ever since I m using it my lipo swell a bit. Today I tested it all out and just to make sure the cut off is there, to my surprise it didn't. After 6 mins of hard driving my car gradually slowing down but not stopping...I pushed it again until it crawled to the pit area. Shouldn't the cut off be activated by then? I picked up my car and can see my Lipo swell a bit. After that I checked my Lipo with my charger and again surprisingly the voltage read 5.75V. Which I think was below normal Lipo minimun V before it swell...And yes I do set it to mode 1 #1 (Lipo/NiMh Automatic) and to make sure I check and recheck the mode a few times already. Apart from that I m really happy with the performance of this ESC. BTW I m running TC Mod.

Anybody can answer this? Or Burito are you here?!
same here. mine was with a 4.5t motor profile #4 with a thunderpower 5000 40c pack , I didnt run 6 minutes it was more like 5 1/2
Old 08-24-2009, 09:35 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by burito
@dameetz: that seems strange, the cut-off is in the 6.0V region but it depends a bit on the used motor and battery!
Can you let me know the ESC settings you use, the motor you run and also the battery type?
I'd like to understand your application better first.
Last 2 days I was using SP 4.0T, but when I started using SXX I was using X11 4.0T and Feigao 4.5T. This was when my lipo started to swell. My batteries are mostly Intellect IP 5000mAh 30C. I m using 6mm high quality bullet connectors. My setting initially was the factory preset 1,4,1,1 then I changed it to 1,4,0,0 which suits my driving. FDR was at 8.7-9.0 (depend on which motor I m using ). Motor temp was around 75C for the SP and around 88C for the X11. I m running foam on asphalt technical with long straight outdoor track. The track (my country ) is in equatorial region with hot and humid tropical environment (30-38C). My car is TRF416WE. The SXX never cut off due to overheat, the highest temp that I encounter was 5 blinks.
Old 08-24-2009, 10:31 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Originally Posted by dameetz
Last 2 days I was using SP 4.0T, but when I started using SXX I was using X11 4.0T and Feigao 4.5T. This was when my lipo started to swell. My batteries are mostly Intellect IP 5000mAh 30C. I m using 6mm high quality bullet connectors. My setting initially was the factory preset 1,4,1,1 then I changed it to 1,4,0,0 which suits my driving. FDR was at 8.7-9.0 (depend on which motor I m using ). Motor temp was around 75C for the SP and around 88C for the X11. I m running foam on asphalt technical with long straight outdoor track. The track (my country ) is in equatorial region with hot and humid tropical environment (30-38C). My car is TRF416WE. The SXX never cut off due to overheat, the highest temp that I encounter was 5 blinks.
I had this problem with another "Branded" esc and all my lipos swell coz of the esc timing (suspected) was set to "2". Then I changed to "0" timing (ESC) the lipos aren't stretched.

I believe with the SXX, it's better to use profile 2-3 for 4.0t & 4.5t motors. I tried 1,2,2,2 on an X12 4.5t over a long straight (before my spur gear strips twice coz of loosen pinion), I felt that the power band is smooth and make it easier to drive. I'll be trying again this out over the weekend. Wish me luck!
Old 08-24-2009, 10:36 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Reto,

Like I said before, the SXX and X12 is working great and all my buddies are switching over. Just a concern as one of my buddies is using DX3R and he just bought an SXX.

Is the problem of burnt SXX combined with spectrum receivers solved?

Funny thing is another buddy is using DX3S and his SXX is working fine. Just a bit slow and we're checking his motor. He had a crash and one of the sensor cable snaps, followed with some small amount of smoke. He replaced the sensor wire but the motor now a litle slow. Would snap sensor cable coz the motor?

Thanks.
Old 08-24-2009, 06:20 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 29 (100%+)

try speedie settings 1,2,0,0. That worked well for me and the motor temps were way down. Im also using ip 5000 30c, but i have never seen any lipo swelling of any sort

Antoni

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.