Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree130Likes

TA-05 ver.2

Search this Thread

Old 11-17-2009, 12:01 AM
Tech Adept

Thanks Skitee. Stock class is ok for me. Looking forward to trying it out this weekend.
Old 11-17-2009, 12:27 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Went to the shop and had a look at the F parts and realise my mistake. The hub carrier will not have anything to do with the loose threads and saw that the parts that have gone loose on the threads is the knuckle arm. So i went for the 3racing aluminium knuckle arm TA05-IF03/LB. Have you experience brocken or bent knuckle arm as well on your option parts?

Originally Posted by gimpex
Look in manual for original

F part plastic - 51293 ( left and right together)

Hopup , blue alu from 3racing TA05-IF16/LB

Note :same parts as for IFS

Personally I would reccommend plastic in front. My original IFS is as blue as possible but in front I went back to plastic parts ( except for bulkhead) and titanium for turnbuckles... I found alu to break or bend a lot easier
Old 11-17-2009, 12:46 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by Akudou
Went to the shop and had a look at the F parts and realise my mistake. The hub carrier will not have anything to do with the loose threads and saw that the parts that have gone loose on the threads is the knuckle arm. So i went for the 3racing aluminium knuckle arm TA05-IF03/LB. Have you experience brocken or bent knuckle arm as well on your option parts?
Had that one , mine snapped where the joint is between the round part and the flat part (hope explanation is clear). Promptly took the other one of and went back to original. Didnt try it again.

To be fair it was in one of my first few races ever , so my driving skills were not great. But I figure that if it happened once , it could happen again when least needed.
Old 11-17-2009, 12:50 AM
Tech Adept

Anyone know if there is a replacement for the part A2 ( of 51208) .I think it would be described as the belt tensioner part where the bearings go into.

I would like to have as a spare ( just in case) but dont need anything else on that A tree.

Maybe a 3rd party hop up ,or a part from another model ?
Old 11-17-2009, 12:57 AM
Tech Addict

Must have been on high speed and very high torque for you to break that part as i am tryin to break it with my own fingers at the moment. Well, i try out this part and see if the same happens to me or else i would have to go back and get the plastic parts which is 4 times cheaper than 3racings. By the way are you running an ifs or ver2?

Had that one , mine snapped where the joint is between the round part and the flat part (hope explanation is clear). Promptly took the other one of and went back to original. Didnt try it again.

To be fair it was in one of my first few races ever , so my driving skills were not great. But I figure that if it happened once , it could happen again when least needed.
Old 11-17-2009, 01:07 AM
Tech Adept

Must have been on high speed and very high torque for you to break that part as i am tryin to break it with my own fingers at the moment. Well, i try out this part and see if the same happens to me or else i would have to go back and get the plastic parts which is 4 times cheaper than 3racings. By the way are you running an ifs or ver2?
Running IFS ( R R )

It was with a 23T brushed motor so not excessively fast , asphalt with rubber , barriers are part wood part cement - dont recall which I hit , but it could have been just the right ( or wrong ) angle at that time. It also bent the metal steering turnbuckle.
Old 11-17-2009, 01:15 AM
Tech Addict

Cool, my knuckle went threadless as i was trying it out on the track which has a flyover bridge which i usually went very fast on but open going down another car lost control and upon avoiding collistioni went head on towards a 1inch pipe which may be the cause. Im running 9T brushless system on a tile track with wooden barracades. Since you are running a IFS, is the universal shaft of the ifs similar to the version 2?

Running IFS ( R R )

It was with a 23T brushed motor so not excessively fast , asphalt with rubber , barriers are part wood part cement - dont recall which I hit , but it could have been just the right ( or wrong ) angle at that time. It also bent the metal steering turnbuckle.
Old 11-17-2009, 01:29 AM
Tech Adept

Since you are running a IFS, is the universal shaft of the ifs similar to the version 2?
Best you wait for Skitee or some other pro to answer that. I would think not since the V02 has a narrower chassis , and according to your manual you need 46mm

I have the 48mm steel CVD shaft up front and the 48mm alu ( blue ofcourse) at the rear. Not one ounce of problems since installing them ( I do taken them apart ,clean and refit after every race).
Old 11-17-2009, 01:51 AM
Tech Addict

The Ver.II needs 46mm swing shafts.
Old 11-17-2009, 05:21 PM
Tech Addict

Tried on the 3racing knuckle arm of TA05 ifs and found that the bearing wouldnt fit in there
Old 11-17-2009, 10:44 PM
Tech Addict

I think the 3Racing knuckle for the IFS still uses the 9x5 bearing, you probably should have gone for the 3Racing 416 knuckle which uses the same 10 x 5 bearing as the Ver.II 05.
Old 11-18-2009, 12:13 AM
Tech Addict

Thats what i've been told. Couldnt find the 3racing part of the 416 but manage to find one that actually fits the original part number which is a TB03 knuckle which states that the V2 is using the TB03's front and rear upright. So i settle for a 3racing front knuckle. Will try it later to see if it works this time
Old 11-18-2009, 04:44 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 48 (100%+)

Before I make the switch to 64 pitch I would like to know if anyone is experiencing heat issues within the 4-5 FDR range?
Old 11-18-2009, 06:41 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

What motor are you running with an FDR of 4 to 5?
Old 11-19-2009, 10:14 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 48 (100%+)

Originally Posted by tom_chang79
What motor are you running with an FDR of 4 to 5?
Black can sport tuned.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.