Search
Like Tree130Likes

TA-05 ver.2

Search this Thread

Old 09-11-2010, 12:53 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Originally Posted by spazmo
I was hoping for some thing more like the TA05MS, but with the V2 short suspension and TRF417 lipo chassis.

Perhaps a V2 MS is still in the works.
Ya think that the TRF417 or any TRF chassis would match up/ be compatible w/ the TA05v.2?
Old 09-11-2010, 04:39 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by dragnse7en
Oh - bye the bye - dragnse7en DOES NOT NOR NEVER CRASH. PERIOD.
Just say no......................
Old 09-11-2010, 12:38 PM
Tech Rookie

Originally Posted by RC Passion
Ya think that the TRF417 or any TRF chassis would match up/ be compatible w/ the TA05v.2?
Unfortunately no, TRF417 has different front and rear bulk heads and motor mount to the v2.
You might be able to drill the chassis to mount the bulkheads but there is nowhere on the v2 bulkhead to mount the top deck.

I'm guessing that tamiya will eventually bring out a TRF chassis just have to hurry up and wait.
Old 09-11-2010, 04:38 PM
Tech Master

The new TRF417 has TA05MS bulkheads. The ta05ms was a pure TRF developed car. I think Tamiya now only offers 'R' or pro versions of it's club chassis cars.

I think if you want to get a V2 ms then buy the exotech lipo chassis and tamiya hop-ups and you will have a smart looking ride.
Old 09-13-2010, 07:05 PM
Tech Master

Can anyone tell me if there's an option part for the stabilizer hold-downs to match the aluminum stabilizer mounts? I got the stabilizers and the mounts, however I discovered that the parts the kit documentation said were "not used" - the stays - were actually going to be needed if I added sway bars. So of course, they're long gone.
Old 09-13-2010, 08:36 PM
Tech Addict

I ordered the Novak/ESC and all the parts kdeselms(thanks!) suggested(1 page back) plus a few other things(bushings,titanium screw, e-rings, 4mm alum. wheel nuts, alum. hubs and couple sets of tires).. I got 2 low friction belts and was just wondering what the difference between the low friction belts and the provided white belts from the kit?
I'm hoping all these will get me through a few crashes(which I'm expecting as its been 5 years since I last touched a RC remote)

Thanks

Originally Posted by kdeselms
Can anyone tell me if there's an option part for the stabilizer hold-downs to match the aluminum stabilizer mounts? I got the stabilizers and the mounts, however I discovered that the parts the kit documentation said were "not used" - the stays - were actually going to be needed if I added sway bars. So of course, they're long gone.
+1 I would like to eventually get sway bars but don't know what else I would need to purchase.
Old 09-13-2010, 10:43 PM
Tech Master

The low friction belts are stronger and don't stretch out as easily as the white ones, due to the material. As for what you need with the sway bars - you will want to keep the plastic pieces from the kit (sprue B, I think) which I no longer have and am trying to find a replacement for Then you'd want to get aluminum mounts to replace the plastic ones that come with the kit (2x #53916), the sway bar kit (#53844) and the sway bar stoppers (#53827) to keep them from moving left and right in the holders. You don't HAVE to replace the mounts, but I did.
Old 09-14-2010, 05:37 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 38 (95%+)

hi, i just purchased the porsche 934 ta05 ms, and wanted to know if there was a way to make it 237mm wheelbase from 230mm, as i have some corolla bodies i would like to run, the suspension spacers only allow 3mm, so need another 5mm are there any other tamiya suspension arms i could use to arrive to 237mm wheelbase thanks
Old 09-14-2010, 11:47 AM
Tech Addict

The low friction belts are stronger and don't stretch out as easily as the white ones, due to the material. As for what you need with the sway bars - you will want to keep the plastic pieces from the kit (sprue B, I think) which I no longer have and am trying to find a replacement for Then you'd want to get aluminum mounts to replace the plastic ones that come with the kit (2x #53916), the sway bar kit (#53844) and the sway bar stoppers (#53827) to keep them from moving left and right in the holders. You don't HAVE to replace the mounts, but I did.
Yeah I would want to get the aluminum mounts too.
Thanks again!
Old 09-15-2010, 01:46 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

What GT bodies are you all running?

I'm still running my classic HPI Honda Accord body, 1997-style Accord, which was a pain in the butt to find...

I started using RPM's body savers too, since I believe I bought the last one to exist in this world... Unless HPI would like to re-run it...
Old 09-15-2010, 08:09 PM
Tech Master

My favorite body right now is the 2007 NSX (in either the Raybrig or the Takata Dome livery), until the Raybrig HSV-010 comes out later this year. I also like the EBBRO 350R a lot.

Question for everybody not using the aluminum rocker arms (which I cannot seem to find in stock anywhere on the web, including Tamiya). Is there an option bearing set of four bearings for the regular plastic rocker arms, rather than the copper slugs it comes with? I'd like to put bearings in there. Also, what size shims would I need to get rid of the up/down slop in the rocker arms?
Old 09-15-2010, 09:00 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)

Question for everybody not using the aluminum rocker arms (which I cannot seem to find in stock anywhere on the web, including Tamiya). Is there an option bearing set of four bearings for the regular plastic rocker arms, rather than the copper slugs it comes with? I'd like to put bearings in there. Also, what size shims would I need to get rid of the up/down slop in the rocker arms?

same sized bearings as the one inside the ball diff
Old 09-15-2010, 11:20 PM
Tech Addict

These are the shims you need for the rocker arms.

http://www.tamiyausa.com/product/ite...oduct-id=53587
Old 09-15-2010, 11:53 PM
Tech Master

Thanks, guys.

Has anyone used the Exotech replacement chassis? I haven't read many reactions or any reviews, curious if people feel it's worthwhile? I want to stick with the IFS-style shocks, just because I like the low-profile bodies so much, but my tub chassis has a ton of tweak in it and I'm wondering if I'm just stuck having to upgrade to a better car, or if this would solve it.
Old 09-16-2010, 12:02 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)

Thanks, guys.

Has anyone used the Exotech replacement chassis? I haven't read many reactions or any reviews, curious if people feel it's worthwhile? I want to stick with the IFS-style shocks, just because I like the low-profile bodies so much, but my tub chassis has a ton of tweak in it and I'm wondering if I'm just stuck having to upgrade to a better car, or if this would solve it.
building mine at the moment... hope to have its maiden run sometime next week.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.