Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree130Likes

TA-05 ver.2

Search this Thread

Old 10-01-2012, 06:07 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by Zac_with_no_K
I'm finally attempting to set-up my car and have a few questions..

1. For rebound stroke, the set-up sheet I'm using says 0mm front and rear. Does this mean I should just take that screw out? Also, what effect does this screw have when raised or lowered?

2. Where are the best spots to measure ride height at? With the bumper and wheels in the way I'm having trouble finding a spot up front where I can read the height guage.

3. How/where do you measure droop and how do you adjust droop front and rear?

I'm using a Team Magic ride height & droop guage. The set-up sheet has a "memo" that the droop was taken by a Tamiya guage. Are all droop guages different or something?
1. O rebound as referred to in Andrew Kuntze Set up Sheet is the amount of travel the piston rebounds when you push it in. When you build the shock push in the piston shaft and if it rebounds or returns due to inside pressure, relieve it by bleeding some of the fluid.
2. Ride height should be taken on a flat part of the front of the chassis not on the screws. same for the rear.
3. Most droop gauges are pretty much the same. remove wheels place chassis on a flat surface. Place the chassis on top of the droop gauge. and measure at the tip of the suspension arm. adjust this by the screw in the arm that limits the down travel by contacting the chassis.

I hope this helps, maybe visit your local hobby shop and they can give you first hand assistancel. or ask some of the local racers at your track.
Old 10-02-2012, 09:50 AM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by FNG RIDER
1. O rebound as referred to in Andrew Kuntze Set up Sheet is the amount of travel the piston rebounds when you push it in. When you build the shock push in the piston shaft and if it rebounds or returns due to inside pressure, relieve it by bleeding some of the fluid.
2. Ride height should be taken on a flat part of the front of the chassis not on the screws. same for the rear.
3. Most droop gauges are pretty much the same. remove wheels place chassis on a flat surface. Place the chassis on top of the droop gauge. and measure at the tip of the suspension arm. adjust this by the screw in the arm that limits the down travel by contacting the chassis.

I hope this helps, maybe visit your local hobby shop and they can give you first hand assistancel. or ask some of the local racers at your track.
Thanks FNG RIDER, this is very helpful!
Old 10-02-2012, 11:32 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

Doesn't 0 rebound defeat the purpose of shocks?
Old 10-02-2012, 01:55 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Shock setups should not matter much to me because
we are just gonna be driving in circles, not like all onroad tracks i see
that have several different turns. But what still gets me is some
people prefer heavier shock oil in onroad. 65 wt or higher.
I guess that just depends if they are using a 3.5 turn brushless motor.

In stock class I feel the better driver is gonna win the race, no matter
if they have a really good car or not. Onroad is much different than offroad
in that if you ever get left behind in onroad it's almost impossible to catch up,
where as offroad you usually have time to catch up. Im usually in the middle of the pack most of the time. Very rarley in last but not hardly in first either.
Old 10-03-2012, 04:41 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 33 (100%+)

Good day/night everyone. Please educated me on what pinion gear should be bolted here in my Ta-O5v2. Spur gear would be 105teeth(64pitch) with tamiya's sportuned motor. Thanks!
Old 10-03-2012, 09:53 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by toast.
Doesn't 0 rebound defeat the purpose of shocks?
O rebound doesn't necessarily defeat the purpose of the shock, it just means that there is no rebound of the piston from internal pressure aftaer you push in the piston all the way and release it. O rebound will give you more rebound dampening because there would be less internal pressure pushing the piston out of the cylinder.

That being said, so far I haven't been about to get complete 0 rebound when I bleed my TRF shocks, I still get about 2 mms of rebound. Not sure if I will do anything about this for now ; )
Old 10-03-2012, 10:06 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by edhchoe
Just ordered my second ta05v2. I thought about getting a ta06 pro but could not convince myself on the extra moving parts. Ta05v2 chassis is just too efficient.
I had the same thought and got the TA05 v2 rather than the TA06 pro. Further I believe a TA05 won the 17.5 blinky at the recent Speedtechrc race at Tamiya. The TA06's drive train will give up top end speed on a long straight. My thought is that it is easier to pass on a long straight than in the tight infield, advantage TA05 v2.
Old 10-04-2012, 06:43 AM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Hi guys
Im rebuilding my ta05 ver2 from the spare parts i had after my exotek conversion.

The only parts now is the motor mount area. Can i use TB03 spur gear holder ?? as im struggling to find a V2 part in UK

Alex
Old 10-04-2012, 07:04 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 30 (100%+)

Originally Posted by alex_evo
Hi guys
Im rebuilding my ta05 ver2 from the spare parts i had after my exotek conversion.

The only parts now is the motor mount area. Can i use TB03 spur gear holder ?? as im struggling to find a V2 part in UK

Alex
you mean this part - http://www.speedtechrc.com/store/ebp...id=866&id=9463

and this is the other part you asked me about in a PM - http://www.speedtechrc.com/store/ebp...id=866&id=9464
Old 10-04-2012, 09:35 AM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

yep those are the parts i need too along with the motor mount, so hard to find them in uk lol

Does the TB03 spur honder work on the V2 as it looks very similar
Old 10-04-2012, 04:31 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by alex_evo
yep those are the parts i need too along with the motor mount, so hard to find them in uk lol

Does the TB03 spur honder work on the V2 as it looks very similar
No, the TB03 and TA05 spur holders are completely different.

For a TA05v2 motor mount you can try here. http://broadtechonlineshop.com/eagle...l.aspx?id=3550

I use one of the above and like how it does not have the "lug" on the top of the mount making access to the pinion gear easier.

Cheers
Rob.
Old 10-05-2012, 09:35 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 41 (100%+)

I painted a new body today!!!
I still have to drill holes and put the mirrors and wing on.

Old 10-05-2012, 09:40 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 41 (100%+)

My other two bodies..

Old 10-05-2012, 09:45 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

Nice job!

Originally Posted by edhchoe
I painted a new body today!!!
I still have to drill holes and put the mirrors and wing on.

Old 10-05-2012, 09:59 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 45 (100%+)

My body for my x-TA05V2

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.