Search
Like Tree130Likes

TA-05 ver.2

Search this Thread

Old 02-09-2012, 08:45 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 54 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Gyr0
Its just that the instructions call for the end to be screwed into the arm. The arm on my car doesn't have any way for the screw to go into. the balls that are in the arm are to small for the rods to pop into, which is what I thought they were for but they just to small.

Btw thanks for the info on the diffs.
I was confused also when I tried to put the front bars on the first time. Ignore the instructions that came with the bars and follow the instructions on page 17 in the manual. Use a BB27 (4mm) on the bottom and a BB22 (5mm) on top and everything will fall into place.
Old 02-11-2012, 05:29 AM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Im having trouble with the steering on my ver2.
It turns better when steering right than left, I adjusted the EPA on the remote and atm right EPA is 30% while left is 70% !!!! thats doesn't seem right at all. Recently added the tamiya servo saver and when the servo is at the nuetral position i cant get the servo saver to be dead striaght(with the supplied horns) so it is angled to the right, but i can adjust the steering trim so it can be straight/run in a straight line
With the stock servo horn (no servo saver) i have no trouble aligning it properly.

Will it be better to just use the stock horn and forget about the servo saver ???
Or could it be unequal weight from side to side ?

Also is the TA05 ver2 still competitive enough nowadays or is it better to get a TA06 ??
Old 02-11-2012, 07:14 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by alex_evo
Im having trouble with the steering on my ver2.
It turns better when steering right than left, I adjusted the EPA on the remote and atm right EPA is 30% while left is 70% !!!! thats doesn't seem right at all. Recently added the tamiya servo saver and when the servo is at the nuetral position i cant get the servo saver to be dead striaght(with the supplied horns) so it is angled to the right, but i can adjust the steering trim so it can be straight/run in a straight line
With the stock servo horn (no servo saver) i have no trouble aligning it properly.

Will it be better to just use the stock horn and forget about the servo saver ???
Or could it be unequal weight from side to side ?

Also is the TA05 ver2 still competitive enough nowadays or is it better to get a TA06 ??
Do you have build your steering system properly? We made a mistake within Step 17 and got way less steering as we normaly get.
Old 02-11-2012, 10:10 PM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by Oortael
Do you have build your steering system properly? We made a mistake within Step 17 and got way less steering as we normaly get.

That link you shows the steering for TA05 v1. the steering in assembly is different on the v2 but i will double check just incase
Old 02-14-2012, 10:19 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 30 (100%+)

That link you shows the steering for TA05 v1. the steering in assembly is different on the v2 but i will double check just incase
you are right, it is different..

are you sure you don't have the screws over tightened on one side verus the other
Old 02-14-2012, 10:06 PM
Tech Apprentice

had a check and all seems fine mechanical side,
i found out its the servo, if i change steering trim it messes with the EPA left/right, is this normal for a servo to do this or have i got a messed up servo ???

example: when i have neutral steering (trim) on the controller the servo is fine maybe 1-2 degrees off.
But when i change the steering trim to make the car run straight theres more steering on the side i adjusted on the steering trim
Old 02-15-2012, 05:43 AM
Tech Champion

had a check and all seems fine mechanical side,
i found out its the servo, if i change steering trim it messes with the EPA left/right, is this normal for a servo to do this or have i got a messed up servo ???

example: when i have neutral steering (trim) on the controller the servo is fine maybe 1-2 degrees off.
But when i change the steering trim to make the car run straight theres more steering on the side i adjusted on the steering trim
does your radio have a sub-trim feature? this would center the servo without effecting the left-to-right throw too much? when you use the trim settings, it would, in essence, mess with the left to right throw - but only if you had to adjust it to a huge degree.

all my cars need to have the servo re-centered somewhat - but i always use the sub-trim feature and hardly ever mess with the actual trim settings

what kind of radio are you using?
Old 02-15-2012, 06:01 AM
Tech Apprentice

Im using a Futaba 3PL 2.4ghz not sure if it have that feature

But you are right as i had to adjust the steering trim to a huge degree in order to make the car run straight (max is 25 and im running in the 20s for steering trim)
Im using the tamiya servo saver and i just cant attach it dead stright when the servo is in the neutral position (both servo and controller in neutral)
i did use the hole stated in the ta05 ver 2 'R' manual but now changed it by using the middle hole which is closer to center
Old 02-15-2012, 06:29 AM
Tech Champion

Im using a Futaba 3PL 2.4ghz not sure if it have that feature

But you are right as i had to adjust the steering trim to a huge degree in order to make the car run straight (max is 25 and im running in the 20s for steering trim)
Im using the tamiya servo saver and i just cant attach it dead stright when the servo is in the neutral position (both servo and controller in neutral)
i did use the hole stated in the ta05 ver 2 'R' manual but now changed it by using the middle hole which is closer to center
i just looked at the manual and didn't see a function that specifically did what i was talking about - maybe someone with more experience with the radio can chime in, or you could look in the thread specific for that radio

the other thing you can try, is center everything as best as possible, then adjust the steering turnbuckle (the one from the servo to the rack) to get the wheels straight - without using the trim...this should help get things a little better

every servo i've ever used never had a servo saver 100% straight, i've always had to adjust it somewhat...but it seems like you've got to go to extremes here
Old 02-15-2012, 10:23 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

use the sub trim function?
Old 02-15-2012, 10:57 AM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by stitchy
use the sub trim function?
that was my thought as well - however, the 3PL radio he's using doesn't seem to offer it, at least its not documented in the manual
Old 02-15-2012, 08:12 PM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by k_bojar
i just looked at the manual and didn't see a function that specifically did what i was talking about - maybe someone with more experience with the radio can chime in, or you could look in the thread specific for that radio

the other thing you can try, is center everything as best as possible, then adjust the steering turnbuckle (the one from the servo to the rack) to get the wheels straight - without using the trim...this should help get things a little better

every servo i've ever used never had a servo saver 100% straight, i've always had to adjust it somewhat...but it seems like you've got to go to extremes here
Thanks alot will deffo give it a try and see how it goes !
Old 02-17-2012, 08:33 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 73 (100%+)

Anyone got a quick reference chart to the option blocks for this car, and what toe/roll center they work out too?
Old 02-17-2012, 06:29 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Originally Posted by MikeXray
Anyone got a quick reference chart to the option blocks for this car, and what toe/roll center they work out too?
I think this is what you're looking for...
Attached Files
Old 02-17-2012, 06:45 PM
Tech Initiate

anyone ever have any tweak issues with this chassis ???

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.