Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree1Likes

VRC Pro - Electric

Search this Thread

Old 04-10-2012, 01:02 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by dennisV
I don't like the game. The cars seem to float, I don't like it that way. I do have a adapter etc from the original VRC and have played with it, but it's not my thing. Plus the game still has bugs which shouldn't be in a 'simulator'. Plus the interface is crap, it's not 'sharp'.
If the cars are floating you have not set it up properlly, what is your frame rate, at minimum you should be at 60fps, drop res till you get the frame rate up and add about -50 expo (steering) in the controller setup, that should sort out the feel
Old 04-10-2012, 01:10 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by CR0SS
The game is actually enjoyable using the keyboard. I can't wait to get the adapter and start using my radio. I wonder how much better my laps times will be if at all.
Unless your a demon on the keyboard I suspect they will improve quite a bit. I couldn't do any of the tracks besides the oval with a keyboard.
Old 04-10-2012, 02:00 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by SlideMasteR
If the cars are floating you have not set it up properlly, what is your frame rate, at minimum you should be at 60fps, drop res till you get the frame rate up and add about -50 expo (steering) in the controller setup, that should sort out the feel
Doesn't matter. It's just the feeling I have. My FPS is high enough, but it just doesnt feel right. Will try out the -50 expo later today.
Old 04-10-2012, 04:04 AM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 28 (100%+)

Originally Posted by syndr0me
The way the game deals with board taps is why I keep quitting. It's terrible.
Are you practicing wrecking? Or not wrecking? The 'esc' key and retries is my friend.

I find it interesting to are how long I can drive in attack mode before I start blowing out or puss out and take safe lines. Then comparing that data to the faster racers shows me where I'm going wrong

My only gripe is how freaking fast some people are... I wish setups made more sense and where less video game like.

Originally Posted by syndr0me
Disable vsync.
+1
Old 04-10-2012, 08:59 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 49 (100%+)

Originally Posted by j.d.roost
For those that know.
How long does the Radio adaptor take to come in to the us?
I am going on three weeks...
This is why I dont want to sign up for a trial membership without an adaptor. The game is useless to me without it.... There are no keyboards where I race, haha.... At least not being used to race the car
Old 04-10-2012, 10:53 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

I've been playing with the free version and my only gripe so far is that I can't find any multiplayer sessions or events to actually race against people. Am I missing something? I see some people have started clubs. If I join a club, will I have access to more events? Doing practice laps or solo qualifying runs only holds my attention for so long.

Also, you can get a seemingly identical adaptor for $6. I've been using this and it works perfectly:
http://www.dealextreme.com/p/mystery...-remotes-13158

There is also a direct-connect version, but I have not tested it:
http://www.dealextreme.com/p/usb-sim...c-remotes-4603
Old 04-10-2012, 12:57 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Steve S
I've been playing with the free version and my only gripe so far is that I can't find any multiplayer sessions or events to actually race against people. Am I missing something? I see some people have started clubs. If I join a club, will I have access to more events? Doing practice laps or solo qualifying runs only holds my attention for so long.

Also, you can get a seemingly identical adaptor for $6. I've been using this and it works perfectly:

There is also a direct-connect version, but I have not tested it:

I dont get the multiplayer either. Its there, you would think something would always be happening in multiplayer but its not the case.
As for joining clubs, yes, alot more events. Im in 4 or 5 clubs plus have a small one of my own. Generally there multiple events going on all the time. I pretty much spend all my time in events without running many practice runs. I havent had an event in my own club in a couple of months. Ive been so busy just running official events lately. Guess I need to get on that.
Old 04-11-2012, 12:57 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Anyone feel the physics have gotten better since launch?
Old 04-12-2012, 07:06 PM
Tech Master

My driving has already improved playing this game even just using the keyboard. I have always struggled with consistency. My biggest problem was having clumps of laps(2-4) that would be bad with good consistent laps before and after. Being able to run so many timed runs has helped me realize what causes my clusters of bad laps, it is all mental. Now things are getting to the point where I will just have one bad lap then get right back to the faster ones. On just a few days of running this I have been able to get over a months worth of racing at a track. Like they say practice helps.

I entered the electric spec weekly just to give me a race to run. I do not expect to be racing for the win with a keyboard but I have actually turned a 12s lap on VRC Carpet 2 in reverse in 1:10 spec touring car.

Now that I know what I can do mentally to be faster I cannot wait to get my radio hooked up and improve the driving on the track.
Old 04-13-2012, 05:27 AM
Tech Initiate

where do i buy the USB adaptor for my controller and the game itself?
Old 04-13-2012, 08:48 AM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by ShrewdRacer
where do i buy the USB adaptor for my controller and the game itself?
Register here

http://www.vrcworld.com/account/register.aspx

Buy the adaptor, game subscription, track packs and vEuro packs here

http://www.vrcworld.com/eshop/default.aspx
Old 04-13-2012, 09:31 AM
Tech Master

When I registered for the trial period I was able to get the adapter for half price($14 shipped). Looks like they ship on Fridays, I received an email today saying mine has shipped.
Old 04-13-2012, 11:19 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by CR0SS
When I registered for the trial period I was able to get the adapter for half price($14 shipped). Looks like they ship on Fridays, I received an email today saying mine has shipped.
thats a great price, I ordered off the old vrc site before they had them listed on the new versions site and paid @$35
Old 04-13-2012, 11:27 AM
Tech Master

Now they just need to add the F1 class and VRC will be awesome. I could care less about the off road.

Currently sitting 129 out of 160 racers in the 1:10 spec weekly. There are some seriously fast guys racing on VRC.
Old 04-13-2012, 11:30 AM
Tech Fanatic

I guess this bears repeating. USB adaptor for $6 shipped:

Direct-connect adaptor for certain radios:

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.