Search
Like Tree65Likes

TC3 Forum

Search this Thread

Old 10-22-2012, 05:50 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 165 (100%+)

Originally Posted by HeavyD99
TJ - the TC3 came stock with zero deg. blocks. You would need to mount and compare them to each other to tell which is which - I ordered 4 deg blocks and they had a "4L" and "4R" on them but that wore off with just handling them.
The white paint they use to mark the blocks wears off too easily and you might want to use an engraver to put a more permanent indication.

The Losi blocks and knuckles also work with the TC3 in case you can't find AE parts.
Old 10-23-2012, 06:07 PM
Tech Initiate

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Hey I just picked up a used tc3 and I think I may have destroyed the rear dif. Can any one tell me what to do to make this bullet proof? Where to find the stuff would also be appreciated.
Thanks
Old 10-24-2012, 11:42 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by bukwylde
Hey I just picked up a used tc3 and I think I may have destroyed the rear dif. Can any one tell me what to do to make this bullet proof? Where to find the stuff would also be appreciated.
Thanks
Some hobby shops still carry TC3 stuff, but its rare. I've got three TC3's, but I only run one of them regularly. Just can't justify selling them. Tower Hobbies is where I've found what I have needed. Here's a link to the diff:

http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...0&I=LXPA07&P=K

I can't answer about "bulletproof" for you. What size gun did you shoot your car with?
Old 10-24-2012, 12:39 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

One of the best places to find Team Associated TC3 parts is to buy them directly from Team Associated's website. I did a quick check today and they still have most of the parts you would normally break on a TC3.

Here is the link to AE's website (http://www.teamassociated.com/parts/...ords=exact_and)

----------

Other places to find parts online include:

- Tower Hobbies (http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...C3&S2=&S3=&S4=)
- Stormer Hobbies (http://www.stormerhobbies.com/cgi-bi...umb=on&smode=0)
- A Main Hobbies (http://www.amainhobbies.com/advanced...ords=tc3+parts)

Also if you have a local hobby store that can order directly from Great Planes, they should be able to get most of the parts for you.
Old 10-24-2012, 12:46 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

(Edit: I have a deal pending on these right now)

I was recently going through some of my TC3 parts and found a set of unused 200mm front/rear arms that I would be willing to sell. PM if you are interested in them.

To repeat I have the following (new but out of package)

(2) new TC3 200mm front a-arms
(2) new TC3 200mm rear a-arms

----------

I also have some misc original electric TC3 a-arms without the droop screw hole. If someone was just bashing the car and wasn't worried about droop setting, I would be happy to sell those as well.

(Note: the original TC3 racer kits didn't come with drop screws on the arms/chassis nubs. You had to adjust droop using internal shock limiters - like you would on an Associated off-road vehicle)

Last edited by IndyRC_Racer; 10-28-2012 at 01:03 PM. Reason: Deal Pending
Old 10-25-2012, 09:51 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

I actually have 2 pairs of Trinity/Kinwald blue aluminum suspension block sets - does anyone know anything about these? They have no markings on them so I have no idea what degrees they might be - I suspect F-0 for the front, but the back I have no clue - might be stock - R+3+2?

They also use small delrin plastic inserts, my inserts are destroyed from the previous owner's crashes and the hinge pin being riped out - does anyone know where I can get more that'll fit the hinge pin and still press into the block? I can't find anything from Trinity, or ebay - GPM had something similar, but I've no idea if those would work.
Old 10-25-2012, 04:06 PM
Tech Initiate

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by IndyHobbies.com
Some hobby shops still carry TC3 stuff, but its rare. I've got three TC3's, but I only run one of them regularly. Just can't justify selling them. Tower Hobbies is where I've found what I have needed. Here's a link to the diff:

http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...0&I=LXPA07&P=K

I can't answer about "bulletproof" for you. What size gun did you shoot your car with?
The "gun" I use is a 5700 kv castle with the sv2 esc on 3s. I believe MIP used to make an upgraded parts kit for the dif right? Also what would be a good substitute dif grease as opposed to the stock losi stuff? Thanks again.
Old 10-26-2012, 05:37 PM
Tech Master

...if anyone has one MIP Shiny CVD bone, 49-50mm, for the 190mm sedan - let me know, I need one to have a pair!

Last edited by HeavyD99; 10-27-2012 at 07:31 AM.
Old 10-28-2012, 09:38 AM
Tech Elite

Here's my TC3. I have run it in VTA now for about three years. Love this chassis. I had the help of a seasoned fellow racer on set up and now it drives just as nice as you can imagine. All stock parts except for aluminum front hubs. That helped with the shoulder screw loss problem. It is the FT version. I bought the chassis used for about $60 on ebay. It had little use. I took it apart completely and rebuilt it per the manual the first time. It was 95% at that point. Some tweeking of camber, droop and all and its great.

This is an HPI '69 Camaro Z28 body. Faskolor FasPearl Orange. You can see it on the track!

Old 10-28-2012, 09:49 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 165 (100%+)

Here's my TC3. I have run it in VTA now for about three years. Love this chassis. I had the help of a seasoned fellow racer on set up and now it drives just as nice as you can imagine. All stock parts except for aluminum front hubs. That helped with the shoulder screw loss problem. It is the FT version. I bought the chassis used for about $60 on ebay. It had little use. I took it apart completely and rebuilt it per the manual the first time. It was 95% at that point. Some tweeking of camber, droop and all and its great.

This is an HPI '69 Camaro Z28 body. Faskolor FasPearl Orange. You can see it on the track!

Looks awesome and I wish my club ran this class.
Old 11-03-2012, 09:19 PM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 248 (100%+)

Man that is B-E-A-utiful. I am new to VTA and hope to be racing in a couple weeks. I have 2 TC3's one was converted to the rally (200mm) and the other is the stock 190mm. Which would be better for indoor carpet. Common sense says the 200mm but thought I would check first. Also do you mind sharing your setup for the TC3?
Old 11-22-2012, 05:56 AM
Tech Master

Thought I'd share my most recent club racing experience with my "new" TC3 - it was good and bad. The good - it was a capable chassis at the club level. In my hands I was running 10.5 second laps (track is an indoor carpet track, fairly tight - maybe 80'x40' and we run 17.5 blinky/rubber. Anyhow I had one of our local hotshoes run it for me and he was hitting 9.4's consistently - the chassis could do it. I qualified at the bottom of the B main. The bad - I hit the boards in practice - twice, breaking a front arm and then a rear arm - the arms seem a bit brittle. I also broke a front carrier during one of my heats - needless to say once I stayed off the boards I was able to be competitive with the other more modern chassis, perhaps I had to be a bit cleaner in my driving to do better. I did have a wicked "hook" at the end of the straight though, especially if I tried to carry speed through the corner - not sure how to cure that yet. Also, most online set ups are super stiff and make the car really twitchy - I started with purple (f) and copper (r) so I went down to red/blue. Much better! My oils were 60f/40r. I'm going to try a front sway bar next.

Many thanks to those who have helped me get to this point, Beemerfan for one and guys at my track - thanks!
Old 11-22-2012, 10:01 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Thumbs up

Originally Posted by HeavyD99
Thought I'd share my most recent club racing experience with my "new" TC3 - it was good and bad. The good - it was a capable chassis at the club level. In my hands I was running 10.5 second laps (track is an indoor carpet track, fairly tight - maybe 80'x40' and we run 17.5 blinky/rubber. Anyhow I had one of our local hotshoes run it for me and he was hitting 9.4's consistently - the chassis could do it. I qualified at the bottom of the B main. The bad - I hit the boards in practice - twice, breaking a front arm and then a rear arm - the arms seem a bit brittle. I also broke a front carrier during one of my heats - needless to say once I stayed off the boards I was able to be competitive with the other more modern chassis, perhaps I had to be a bit cleaner in my driving to do better. I did have a wicked "hook" at the end of the straight though, especially if I tried to carry speed through the corner - not sure how to cure that yet. Also, most online set ups are super stiff and make the car really twitchy - I started with purple (f) and copper (r) so I went down to red/blue. Much better! My oils were 60f/40r. I'm going to try a front sway bar next.

Many thanks to those who have helped me get to this point, Beemerfan for one and guys at my track - thanks!
--------------------------------
TRy
blue front spring
40wt oil
silver rear spring
40wt oil
5mil ride ht.
Old 11-22-2012, 10:31 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

i run a bmi carbon fiber version greens 35wt all the way around 3 toe in rear and the shock tower shimmed up 3mm shocks straight up rear and third hole in in front (rear shock tower both ends)

had same problem until i went longest rear link upper holes and shimmed the rear tower up 3 mm i mostly run this on a low bite carpet at tracks with traction i will go up on the springs to blue or silver and not sauce just clean the tires after run

Last edited by azeroth; 11-22-2012 at 10:39 PM. Reason: added info
Old 11-28-2012, 03:04 AM
Tech Apprentice

hey all, just recently getting back into carpet and some on road racing with a tc3 i picked up, decided to go the vta route and possibly some stock tc racing locally and have a few questions before heading down and getting in over my head. what is the best bearing kit for the money i can get? and where can i find the lightweight diffs with ceramic balls?

Last edited by nwv327; 11-28-2012 at 03:20 AM.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.