Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree65Likes

TC3 Forum

Search this Thread

Old 10-30-2008, 12:53 AM
Tech Rookie

I think I would like to make a grip oriented smooth asphalt car. Also, I just bought a 350z body for the TC3 and the wheel wells are a little bigger than the wheel length. Are there any wheels that could fit a TC3 that are a little fatter? Seems like fatter wheels would be better for grip/traction anyways. Thanks for the help.
Old 10-30-2008, 06:00 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 28 (100%+)

sounds like you bought the 200mm nitro version. There are kits that will extend the wheels to make a 200mm body fit correctly. Dont know where to get them.
Old 10-30-2008, 06:11 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

does anyone have a TA setup for there TC3 that they would like to share ? medium grip carpet.

thanks
Old 11-06-2008, 03:29 AM
Tech Master

Just got a "new unopened" TC3 team (not FT) kit and am building it for Vintage T/A racing. That said,
What parts should I upgrade?
What parts should I buy for spares?
Will the TC4 front bumper assembly work on a TC3?
Should I get a "one-way" diff for the front?
Use solid axle in the rear?
Am new to touring cars so I will be asking alot of questions about this classic car.
Old 11-06-2008, 10:25 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Karg
I think I would like to make a grip oriented smooth asphalt car. Also, I just bought a 350z body for the TC3 and the wheel wells are a little bigger than the wheel length. Are there any wheels that could fit a TC3 that are a little fatter? Seems like fatter wheels would be better for grip/traction anyways. Thanks for the help.
Most wheels today are 0mm offset, you could use 3mm offset rims and get the extra width you need. Some rims come with 2-3mm spacers that you can also use with your 0mm offset rims. Standard wheels are 24mm, but I suppose you can still find some 26mm tires/wheels too. Foam tires are also wider if you can/want to run those.
Old 11-06-2008, 10:32 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Three
Just got a "new unopened" TC3 team (not FT) kit and am building it for Vintage T/A racing. That said,
Am new to touring cars so I will be asking alot of questions about this classic car.

I'd suggest getting the TC4 thick front cva, a wide foam bumper and a pair of front a-arms. Threaded shocks are nice to have. If you get a front one-way get the newer one with thicker outdrives (see a trend, they re-inforced the front-end drive parts.) I use diffs on both ends, but have run the one-way from time to time.
Old 11-06-2008, 12:17 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

If you are new to TC.. what about onroad in general? The point is, not offroad, at all.

So.. my suggestion.. run the car.. upgrade parts for durability.. run the kit, and replace with the reinforced parts suggested...

Front one-way.. MUCH more steering.. rear spool.. again.. more steering.. This is not a poor handling car.. I have no issues with getting it to steer, and as Bobby suggested.. he runs diffs as well..

You can download a TC4 manual to compare. I would say for Vintage TC.. a TC3 is very competitive .. I do like roll bars myself, I find a lot more control on carpet.. are you indoor or out?

Spares - steering rack, front and rear arms, arm mounts, hub carriers, a spare shaft.. not much else.. I have never had a shock tower issue..

James
Old 11-06-2008, 02:19 PM
Tech Master

No off-road. Ran oval in the 80's and 90's. Quit for several years, then discovered Tamiya Minis. Now also race 12th scale (asphalt). All I can say is there are alot of adjustment possibilities on a TC. Would a Hudy set-up station help?
Thanks for all the help, will be asking more questions as the come up. The vintage T/A looks to be fun racing.
Old 11-06-2008, 10:31 PM
Tech Elite

spool in the rear? This isnt a drift car lol.

Diff in the rear and make sure it isnt too tight or you'll slide out in the turns. Spool in the front if you're racing asphalt and you're using something thats a stock motor or vaster. For VTA if its 21.5, i suggest a front one-way. They arent too fast so you'll be able to carry speed through turns better with it since brake isnt really needed.

Then R+3-0 toe block in the rear and -1 camber all around. Not sure about front toe. Try 35-40 weight oil all around, im not sure about that to be honest either. Springs um...i beleive you want blues in the fronts and silvers in the rear. 4.5 to 5mm ride height all around as well. For toe in the front, try half a degree on each side (toe-out). Try all that and lemme know how it goes.
Old 11-12-2008, 01:48 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

just a question has any one used the tc4 braces and shock towers on the TC3

cheers

jase
Old 11-18-2008, 09:56 PM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Who makes a Front bumper for the tc3/tc4? I have found the plastic RPM under bumper but I have not found a good hard foam bumper.
Old 11-20-2008, 11:04 PM
Tech Adept

last weekend I was running my TC3 with a 13.5 ss and and LRP AI Brushless reverse I was running above the gear ratio that novak was suggesting and the car stopped 4 min into the heat 35tp 66s 4.71 they suggest 4.5 and that would just be stupid fast I still havent ruled out that my lipo was not charged enough. ESC was around 128ish (is that hot as $#!t) and motor was at 120 125. I then turned my car over and noticed I was to dragging a couple of screws, wich could of lead to some type of load issue and maybe the motor shut off.

let me know what you think, oh yeah I run on rubber smooth carpet
Old 11-21-2008, 12:31 AM
Tech Elite

the 4.5fdr suggestion is more for outdoor asphalt racing. Medium to large sized tracks. Id say run against similar cars in practice and keep tacking on a bigger pinion until you're as fast in the straights, if not faster, then your fellow racers in your class.

the motor can take degrees of up to 180f so thats fine. The speed control...try to get a fan for it.

or a new one, maybe this one:
http://www.shopatron.com/product/par...21.26354.0.0.0

or this one (it works, a guy at my track still uses it and it runs great)
http://www.shopatron.com/product/par...21.26354.0.0.0
Old 11-21-2008, 04:41 AM
Tech Master

for the motor , try something like showed on the attached file. It's eagle racing, # 2685.

run a fan on the esc..., as suggested

then GEAR TIL YOU THERMAL ( you can go down to a VERY LOW fdr with a coolled motor and esc. probably lower than 4.5....Tons of torque.)

have fun.
Attached Thumbnails TC3 Forum-lg1000003249_1.jpg  
Old 11-21-2008, 04:43 AM
Tech Master

Would a Hudy set-up station help?
YESSSSS

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.