Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree65Likes

TC3 Forum

Search this Thread

Old 08-09-2004, 06:55 PM
tornado

Originally posted by utracer
so no ideas other than the motor than my brother can do to make it faster?????? again it is a rtr tc3 thanks
The rtr's diff outdrives is the steel variant...lotsa rotating mass....acceleration is slower.......change the to the composite ones.....much lighter and will be able to feel the difference coming out of the corner and rushing down the straight. If you wanna go further.....try using the lightened output shafts....that'll complete the rotating mass reduction on the drive train. Need not touch the rest of the drive train........very light already. By now your car should feel lighter exiting the corners and faster too.

Bryan

Old 08-09-2004, 07:04 PM
Tech Adept

my servo is kinda weird...it doesnt turn all the way left but it goes all the way right..when it goes all the way right it touches the shaft....any recomendations?
Old 08-09-2004, 07:46 PM
Tech Initiate

Default Spring rate problem,

TC3 spring rate :
Silver 14lbs
Blue 16lbs
Gold 19.5lbs

Do u guys think the rangeof spring rate is too large?

My case is :
In 8 turns motor , Front (blue) Rear (silver) , i feel the car at front easy roll over , so i try Front (gold) , but i feel very push.
And then i try , Front (blue) with harder roll bar (gold) , and that is better but not the best. The car still sensative and easy roll alot to overstree.
So , i try both 50 damper oil front and rear. The car stable a bit , but the porblum still here.

SO , i think the front of car is too soft that can not support the modify power , but gold spring is too hard and make me feel push.

Also , in the process of setting with blue spring , ( harder roll bar , thicker damper oil , inner / outer A-arm damper hole at the front , R2-0 / R2+2) , they just give a limited response , only impoved a little bit. But after i put a Gold spring , the problem is solved but the car is super PUSH!

To sum up , i want to use a spring that bewteen Blue (16lbs) and Gold (19.5 lbs) , so i can have a more effciency setting.
What spring should i try?
Old 08-09-2004, 07:55 PM
Tech Master

A Tamiya Short White Spring is 17.24 pounds. Try that
Old 08-09-2004, 07:56 PM
Tech Initiate

Default Spring rate from here ....

Rayspeed
Spring Rating [lb/in]
Gray 19.90
Red 18.26
White 17.17
Yellow 14.87
Blue 14.29
Green 13.20

Associated
Spring Rating [lb/in]
White 40.00
Yellow 31.91
Purple 30.30
Copper 23.26
Red 23.08
Gold 18.35
Blue 16.53
Silver 13.89
Green 11.43

I m comfused with the data , just look at TC3 spring rate , the silver and blue is nearly the same with tc3 manual 14 and 16lbs.
But Gold spring is only 18.35lbs and manual showed is 19.5lbs!!!!!

Now i just want to know the most updated data of spring rate (TC3 and rayspeed) Who can help me?

*Becoz i want to try other spring like rayspeed , the range is only around 1 lbs. So i can have more fine tuning.
Old 08-09-2004, 08:04 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

SHALALA: It sounds like you are only adjusting the front of the car. Have you tried adjusting the rear of the car in combination with the changes up front? What about camber rod locations?

SMALLS: The event was setup by Hobbytown USA in Va Beach Va, so the course couldnt be but so tough, they have alot of people that are just starting out that were there running electric truck classes and the like. They were excited to be there for their first "trophy race" though, so it was cool. It had a long back straight into a right hand sweeper, into a right/left chicane to a short straight in front of the "driver stand", then a right 180 switchback, and a left 180 switchback, and another right switchback onto the backstraight again. Most guys, even in the gas class were doing 8 to 10 second laps. I think the entire layout was like 70'X30'.

- DaveW
Old 08-09-2004, 08:07 PM
Tech Initiate

Thx , Black Kat.
Short spring is not a good choice.
f i use rayspeed spring , i already need to buy the rayspeed damper supporter (manual call it "Spring cup") to fit with the it. Becoz the rayspeed spring is shorter then tc3 spring 2-3mm.
Old 08-09-2004, 08:21 PM
Tech Initiate

DaveW:

Yup , i tried to adjust the Downstop , Arms mount at the rear too.
They are just impove abit , but still not eoungh to solve my problem.

After i put a 19.5 lbs gold spring , the problem is impoved alot.
But that is not the right way to make the car not to Overstree. Becoz gold spring make me push and slower.
So i feel the gold spring is just too much at all........

My ideas of setting up car is :
If understreeing , is to make the front more streeing , not to make the rear of car lose tractions.
But now , the setting give me a feeling is the front roll / drop too deep that make the rear loseing traction at the mid-out corner.

The camber link in both front and rear is inner and up (the longest link). "my ideas in setting up camber link is move both front and rear at the same position together"<--agree?

Old 08-09-2004, 08:30 PM
Tech Initiate

DaveW:

The reason why i want to use Blue spring instead of Gold spring.
Becos i want to have a more streeing setting (higher limits) to practice.
I have used gold spring for about 1 -2 month in Modify practice.
The feeling is stable , and not eoungh streeing and slow in mid-out corner. (but sometime , gold spring is good to use too)

I want to have more streeing , that 's why i try to use softer front spring.
Old 08-10-2004, 09:52 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Default ty very much

ty guyz for answering my tc3 questions. ive deciided to just buy a graphite chassis an thats it and run all composite parts except chassis/ the warpspeed uppperdeck. ty guyz i was really in a HoLe. appreciated

Steven
Old 08-10-2004, 01:39 PM
Tech Adept

when i go full throttle...the tires shake alot...is this normal??
Old 08-10-2004, 06:23 PM
Tech Regular

Default TC3 Steering Rack slop

Hi all,

I have been struggling with trying to minimize the slop in the front end of my car. When using the Integy setup gauges, the toe can vary without touching setup +/- 2 degrees due to the slop.

I have replaced ballcups, rack, bearings etc...

It seems that any movement of the front wheels will move the rack slightly to cause this +/2 degrees shift. IS there anything else that needs looking at besides movement ibetween the stud and cup?

HELP
Old 08-10-2004, 07:15 PM
tornado

Originally posted by rally
when i go full throttle...the tires shake alot...is this normal??
are your wheels warped ? is not....try balancing the tires with a tire balancer. that'll solve the shaking tires problem.

Bryan

Old 08-10-2004, 10:05 PM
Tech Regular

I blueprinted my drivetrain on my TC3 this weekend. Went at it with compressed air, and x-acto knife, and a dremel. WD-40'd all the bearings for a night and then used an RPM bearing blaster to clean them out. Put all the worst bearings on the hubs so the diff could compensate for them. Lubed all the bearings.

Dremel makes a sanding cylinder that is PERFECT for the big bearing sizes. I just ran my dremel on the lowest speed and took off a little material at a time, until there was zero binding from those bearings. It makes a WORLD of difference now. I swear the car is much faster, quieter, and batteries last forever.

Anyway, I got a lot of info from www.balakracing.com and the new issue of Radio Controlled Cars or something like that. Don't remember the name.
Old 08-12-2004, 11:10 AM
Tech Regular

i just finished installing my new element 19t motor and finished setting up my car to barry bakers aspalt setup and i recomend it to everyone who runs asphalt my tc3 turns and responds so mush better its crazy!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.