Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree65Likes

TC3 Forum

Search this Thread

Old 04-14-2004, 04:57 PM
Tech Adept

R/C Paperboy:
1) yeah I think you can still get the steel outdrives, if not get yourself some IRS lite drives, or pretty much any other aftermarket one. You could also try Square's delrin ones for less rotating mass
2) never heard of anyone doing this... but there are some aluminium hubs out there if you want to try them... or a lot of people use losi rear hubs for extra tuning options, but I don't think they're any more durable
3) Yep, there's a new HD oneway out now. Less breakages due to 6mm oneway bearings. part no is 3978
Old 04-14-2004, 05:45 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally posted by True R/C Racing
BLue Will Do, Anyone know the cheapest place other than
$49.99 Off ebay? I would buy em used if someone has

Edit** Kevin U got em? what you think?

Also how much would a Used perfect cond AE threaded shocks go for w/ a set of springs?
Ariel,

I have done some looking before, and the cheapest I found was Ebay.

I don't have them, but I wouldn't mind picking some up (wishing I had some ). I have heard nothing but GREAT things about them, so they should work out pretty good.

I'm not sure how much some used threaded shocks for the TC3 would be. I have just never looked into them.

-Kevin
Old 04-14-2004, 05:46 PM
Tech Fanatic

Im SoOO stupid....
You JUST figured that out?!

Haha Just playin' man!
Old 04-14-2004, 07:06 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Im SoOO stupid.... hahaha Now i see the Pm Button
Nah man I turned it on after you posted!
Old 04-14-2004, 07:09 PM
Tech Addict

Default Re: chassis

Originally posted by tc3rookie
so you're saying that the plastic chassis and older graphite chassis don't have the things for the droop screws, and a new(er)
chassis would? sorry to be still asking about this, but i'm not sure whats up.

thanks in advance
Yeah I guess the tc3 I have is like 5-6 years old and the arms on it don't have the droop screws! And the chassis does'nt have the little ears on the chassis that make contact with the droop screws.
Old 04-14-2004, 07:37 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 29 (100%+)

i have the older style chassis without the "ears" to support the droop screws. i have found that the newer style arms with droop screws will still work, it may not be as long lasting as with the "ears" but so far ive saved $40 on a new chassis.
Old 04-14-2004, 07:43 PM
Tech Addict

Thanks for the info R3VoLuTiOn!

But I might have found a new chassis already!

At least now I know I can get the arms!
Old 04-14-2004, 11:51 PM
Tech Master

Originally posted by etzkev
Ariel,

I have done some looking before, and the cheapest I found was Ebay.

I don't have them, but I wouldn't mind picking some up (wishing I had some ). I have heard nothing but GREAT things about them, so they should work out pretty good.

I'm not sure how much some used threaded shocks for the TC3 would be. I have just never looked into them.

-Kevin
RCBoyz.com sells the threaded shock kit for $39.99, which is the cheapest I've seen.
Old 04-15-2004, 12:05 AM
Tech Adept

Default Re: chassis

Originally posted by tc3rookie
so you're saying that the plastic chassis and older graphite chassis don't have the things for the droop screws, and a new(er)
chassis would? sorry to be still asking about this, but i'm not sure whats up.

thanks in advance
I bought the FIRST generation Racer TC3 and there was nothing at all involving droop screws. Then, in Oct '03 I got the FT TC3 and that was when I found droop!! They also changed the Diffs, but had to find that out the hard way!!!
Old 04-15-2004, 12:29 AM
Tech Master

Hi friends.Greetings from Malta.

FANS

With the hot temperatures we race in in Malta a fan is a must.

Here's how I run it on my son's championship winning car.

Incidentally this car won all 3 finals at last weekend's Kelloggs Easter Cup, breaking lap and race records in the process.

To the fella that asked about keeping diffs in one piece: get a set of IRS alloy diff halves to replace the plastic ones. You'll never touch them again.

Regards

Joe from sunny Malta.
Attached Thumbnails TC3 Forum-jan-04-jb-tc3.jpg  
Old 04-15-2004, 12:32 AM
Tech Adept

Originally posted by johnbull
Hi friends.Greetings from Malta.

FANS

With the hot temperatures we race in in Malta a fan is a must.

Here's how I run it on my son's championship winning car.

Incidentally this car won all 3 finals at last weekend's Kelloggs Easter Cup, breaking lap and race records in the process.

To the fella that asked about keeping diffs in one piece: get a set of IRS alloy diff halves to replace the plastic ones. You'll never touch them again.

Regards

Joe from sunny Malta.
Where did that motor clamp come from? It has to be aftermarket, theres no heatsink on it.
Old 04-15-2004, 12:49 AM
Tech Master

Originally posted by RC Paperboy

1) The diffs. I melted about 3 of those plastic lightweight diffs before I switched back to the steel outdrives. Does AE still make the steel outdrives? I sold them, now Im wishing I didnt
2) In high heat, with heavy collisions, I found myself twisting rear hub carriers. I know it sounds weird, but they would actually warp 2-3 degrees and bind up the bearings. It was really bizzare.
3) Is there a good oneway available? I seem to remember AE discontinuing the oneway I had and I had to junk it after breaking an outdrive.
The diffs they fixed with brass bushings inside instead of bearings. I have never melted mine even once when it came loose on me because I was trying to run it too loose.

The rear hub carriers still have the same problem. This is easily fixed by not hitting stuff. If thats not possible the Losi rear hubs are alot nicer. The graphite ones wont bend and the plastic ones will take alot of abuse before breaking. They also give you a little more wheelbase adjustment as they need another spacer in the rear.

The new associated heavy duty oneway is alot better. And the Yokomo one is even better than that.
Old 04-15-2004, 05:51 AM
Tech Regular

Wow, thanks for all the replies. Sounds like the car just keeps on getting better and better.
Old 04-15-2004, 06:04 AM
Tech Adept

johnbull,
what/how different/trying to achive - mounting the rear camberlinks like so?
(pretty clever)

thanks rovic...
Old 04-15-2004, 07:14 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

I've been away awhile, could anybody tell me about the updated diffs? Or any new parts for the TC3?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.