Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree65Likes

TC3 Forum

Search this Thread

Old 01-21-2004, 09:06 PM
Tech Addict

Sorry I'm a little off topic Can any of you guys help me out with a good setup? I'm running rubber tires on a ultra smooth carpet track. I'd like the car to be close to neutral but with a little oversteer. I have looked at setup sheets on the ae site but I don't know what is good.
Old 01-21-2004, 09:14 PM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally posted by Neil
Sorry I'm a little off topic Can any of you guys help me out with a good setup? I'm running rubber tires on a ultra smooth carpet track. I'd like the car to be close to neutral but with a little oversteer. I have looked at setup sheets on the ae site but I don't know what is good.
Start with Barry Baker's setup for the US Touring Car Champs at Trackside Hobbies/Milwaulkee. You probably won't have to make any changes to it. It works really well.
Old 01-22-2004, 08:12 AM
Tech Regular

Proficar, TFB an adult book store you can't say the full track name in public, it's forbidden

GoFaster, get the BRP hingepins, strong + inexpensive

MikeWebb, i like the motor cut out and heatsink mod, but what are the holes under the rear hingepins for?
Old 01-22-2004, 08:22 AM
Tech Elite

Last year I caught a piece of debris and it screwed up my Rear Tranny and my motor and speed controller. I cut the holes there so that any objects that fall in there near the drive axles would hopefully fall through.

The Rock I caught in it last year seized up the drive train and smoked my motor and speed controller.

Mike
Old 01-22-2004, 08:32 AM
Tech Regular

mike, i see, good plan. thanks
Old 01-22-2004, 01:53 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

BIGDON18: Here are a few more pics of the chassis ALMOST finished. A little more finish prep and battery tape slots, ill be content. I didnt go in as deep as some i have seen, im thinking i can make up the weight difference elsewhere, without adding weight for the finished product. I just couldnt see chewing all that bracing away, so i took away as much as i could that still allowed the center bracing at the front and the rear of the "battery box" to be intact, and let the battery in towards the centerline within this guideline. My sheet graphite hasnt come in, so i am taking this into consideration for flex control. Anyways, here they are... sorry it took so long.

- Dave
Attached Thumbnails TC3 Forum-chassis-mod-3.jpg  
Old 01-22-2004, 01:54 PM
Tech Elite

And another from a different angle...
Attached Thumbnails TC3 Forum-chassis-mod-4.jpg  
Old 01-22-2004, 01:56 PM
Tech Elite

And another angle...
Attached Thumbnails TC3 Forum-chassis-mod-5.jpg  
Old 01-22-2004, 08:07 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 72 (100%+)

davew,
man you have put some tlc in that chassis ,, and you did it all with dremel you say? the pics have really help me out alot to understand this modifieding of the chassis,, and yes agree with you i wouldnt take it anymore closer to the center. like they say dave good things come to those that wait,, man did you come threw looks great man. hope she runs for as goos as she looks.

me myself tonight ,, will i got my new bearings in for my used tc3 i got and replace them ,, put all my electrics in ,, decided to take out the novak and put the lrp quantum in,, gives me more room to work with ,i also add me a small fan to blow on the motor brush hood area from the side just a radio shack fan wired in on the speedo when i go the fan goes to,, just something playing around with , it happens reading all this mod stuff,, might hit the section under the motor tomorrow , just getting this ready to start my learning curve in touring cars, this saturday on the carpet at FCCT ,, but to help the transtion i will have a good friend of mine Davepull helping me out so it should be fun. i have raced oval since 1989 now i gonia try the turning right some along with my oval racing.

like to also say thanks again to all the other guys that have posted picks on things that has help me out alot ,,

BIGDN

Last edited by BIGDON18; 01-22-2004 at 08:15 PM.
Old 01-22-2004, 10:51 PM
Tech Fanatic

Default mike blackstock plse post ur set up on ae

mike ru going to post ur setup of the novak race on on a.e web site undersetups set so i can down load it thxs reggie
Old 01-23-2004, 04:28 AM
Tech Addict

Default Baker setup

@Ljae: Is that the one from 1/25-27-2002 where he finished 2nd?
Old 01-23-2004, 06:31 AM
Tech Addict

Default TC3 Racer...

I am pretty sure they ( ASSOCIATED ) are going to do it pretty soon.. If you look up some on this thread i posted 99% of it there....

Mike Blackstock
Old 01-23-2004, 06:39 AM
Tech Adept

Mike B.

Enjoyed watching you at Trackside...Great Run

I do have a question however. Most of the time I run stock (foams on carpet), do you feel that in general the car is faster in stock with a stiffer setup as compared to the setups you guys run in Mod? It would seem to me the mod cars need more side and forward bite whereas a car running stock would benefit from stiffer settings that allows the car to be more "free" in the corners.

Thanks for your time!!
Old 01-23-2004, 06:49 AM
Tech Addict

Actually i think the setup from mod to stock is close, There are a few changes . I know running 19t at trackside made me realize that the car was VERY HARD to drive in 19t but in mod the car was very stable and easy to drive. In 19t the car over rotated most of the time so i think if i just ran 19t i would have made the car easier to drive. Sometimes stiffer is not faster.. Matter of fact we are going softer and softer . I think stock would be close to some of the setups we ran 1 or 2 yrs ago.. Purple springs all around .. 70-50 wt oil .. small front bar or no front bar.. F block in the rear with a 3+2 block .. 4 degree's caster a f+0 in the front ..Some of those things i would try...

Also i know this seems weird.. But alot of times stiffer gives you more traction....

Let me know ...

Mike

Originally posted by Ozwald Bates
Mike B.

Enjoyed watching you at Trackside...Great Run

I do have a question however. Most of the time I run stock (foams on carpet), do you feel that in general the car is faster in stock with a stiffer setup as compared to the setups you guys run in Mod? It would seem to me the mod cars need more side and forward bite whereas a car running stock would benefit from stiffer settings that allows the car to be more "free" in the corners.

Thanks for your time!!
Old 01-23-2004, 07:43 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)
Default DaveW

May I ask again what brand are those Prop Shaft you are using, I know they are Ti. Can you give a link Also? Thanks! Lem

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.